Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontiac G6
Do you really want to get nailed down for another 7 years?

Keep the fofo and finish it.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Nov 15 2005, 08:00 AM Wrote:Do you really want to get nailed down for another 7 years?

Keep the fofo and finish it.
[right][snapback]156000[/snapback][/right]

I agree, plus they will never give you anything even close to what you spent on your mods. It's your choice though........
7 years thats insane the the value of the car will be less than the amount you owe by year 3 or 4.

I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Another wise financial decision Jay? I think not.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Nov 15 2005, 11:55 AM Wrote:Another wise financial decision Jay?  I think not.
[right][snapback]156039[/snapback][/right]

I gotta agree...its just stupidity...

Stop tryin to be all flash!!

Just be happy with what you got man...some people dont even got a car so stop being so fukin unhappy with what you already have!!

Man.. :rolleyes:
A used car reaches its greatest value as a purchase when somewhere around 2-3 years old with decent mileage and proper maintenance.

You're going to drop $30Gs on a car that will lose a chunk of unrecoverable value when you drive it off the lot, and tie into it for 7 years?????? :o

I financed ours at 5, and it's OPEN. I can pay it off tomorrow without penalty, because the total cost is assumed regardless. Ever think of something like that?

We're just coming up on 2 years in, and we'll probably have the cheddar to pay it off outright next summer. Oh yeah. :)

EDIT - grammar and boneheadedness.

Also, again, they're CHARGING for a manual transmission. It's not enough they claim their cars are "built for drivers", they have to punish the real "drivers" that actually want to buy their cars?

Damn, that sounds like Microsoft.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
meford4u,Nov 15 2005, 12:55 PM Wrote:Another wise financial decision Jay?  I think not.
[right][snapback]156039[/snapback][/right]

When has he EVER shown any sort of financial responsibility???? :rolleyes:
How much are you 'expecting' to get for your focus Jay? At the dealership? Sold privately?
S2,Nov 15 2005, 02:29 PM Wrote:How much are you 'expecting' to get for your focus Jay?  At the dealership?  Sold privately?
[right][snapback]156105[/snapback][/right]

??? still wondering....
I'll give you guys a quick low down on car buying/leasing. I don't give a shite which one you like or prefer, but having pops(My Dad) owned a Ford Dealer and was high up at Ford in leasing, I have a little knowledge on the what to do here.
Jay, you should think about leasing a new car every year with the amount of indecision and change for new cars.
Ok, that was the smartass remark.
Typically, 6.5 years is the cutoff. If you typically keep your car for 6+ years or longer, financially you are better off buying. That includes payment schedules and maintenance, including the I just ran out of my warranty maintenance after 4 years.
Anything less than 6 years, lease it.
I'm not suggesting to you Jay to make the deal, cause I think you should just sit back and think a while about all these decisions that your going to one day look back on and say what the fawk was I thinking, you should just put a litlle in the bank for a rainy day.
What about that girl your dating. Every think of getting married? You need $$$ for that. Just ask Anthony what a wedding costs today.

So as the ING man says, save your money.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
ZX3TUNR,Nov 14 2005, 06:20 PM Wrote:Plus I would never drive a Neon if I was paid to drive it. Stupidist car ever made fast or not. Bugs me when ppl buy an SRT-4 slap rims on it and claim it as heavily modded. Its stock..
[right][snapback]155893[/snapback][/right]

Since when has stock ever stopped you, Capt. Scissor Doors? Who cares what a bunch of lameass poseurs do?

That's the lamest cop-out I've ever heard. There's nothing wrong with a properly-maintained SRT-4. They have great bang for the buck, and great upgradeability. I'd take one over a similarly-priced Ion Red Line or Cobalt SS any day.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
its still a neon. :lol:

give me cobalt SS over that anyday, much better looking than the "Hi" car

Personal opinion... you know....Jay has one to. ;)
I guess the point I'm making is that people made fun of the Niteshade, but I never took it off. Jay took flak for his scissor doors, but never took them off.

Why let what a bunch of Way-Gay poseurs do influnce your purchase? (Your royalty cheque is in the mail, Steve ;) )

That's like saying... I hate the sound of Nate's BOV, so I'll never turbo my SPI no matter what kit comes out or what the gains are / affordability is.

That's what I was trying to say.

meford4u,Nov 17 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:I'll give you guys a quick low down on car buying/leasing.  I don't give a shite which one you like or prefer, but having pops(My Dad) owned a Ford Dealer and was high up at Ford in leasing, I have a little knowledge on the what to do here.
Jay, you should think about leasing a new car every year with the amount of indecision and change for new cars.
Ok, that was the smartass remark.
Typically, 6.5 years is the cutoff.  If you typically keep your car for 6+ years or longer, financially you are better off buying.  That includes payment schedules and maintenance, including the I just ran out of my warranty maintenance after 4 years.
Anything less than 6 years, lease it.
I'm not suggesting to you Jay to make the deal, cause I think you should just sit back and think a while about all these decisions that your going to one day look back on and say what the fawk was I thinking, you should just put a litlle in the bank for a rainy day.
What about that girl your dating.  Every think of getting married?  You need $$$ for that.  Just ask Anthony what a wedding costs today.

[right][snapback]156437[/snapback][/right]

Well said! :)
meford4u,Nov 17 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:Every think of getting married?  You need $$$ for that.  Just ask Anthony what a wedding costs today.

Yeah, weddings = t3h c@sh c0w. We spent quite a chunk on the wedding and the honeymoon. Twas worth it :D

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 17 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 17 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:Every think of getting married?  You need $$$ for that.  Just ask Anthony what a wedding costs today.

Yeah, weddings = t3h c@sh c0w. We spent quite a chunk on the wedding and the honeymoon. Twas worth it :D
[right][snapback]156472[/snapback][/right]

pfft. Be smart, get tickets to vegas and get married by an elvis guy.

This covers the wedding and the honeymoon. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
yeah were all going to cancun for my buddies wedding. $1000/each and everythign is covered. :D
Flofocus,Nov 17 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:yeah were all going to cancun for my buddies wedding.  $1000/each and everythign is covered.  :D
[right][snapback]156478[/snapback][/right]

For a week? That's pretty tight!

We saw a couple of half decent weddings while in Punta Cana. I mean, while I wasn't otherwise distracted :P