Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Come My Cabin Smeels Like Gas?
Remember Anna's comments on my Turbo Focus? lol

She thought she would pass out from the smell everytime she was in the car. :o
Jays2000ZX3,Apr 7 2005, 11:54 AM Wrote:Remember Anna's comments on my Turbo Focus? lol

She thought she would pass out from the smell everytime she was in the car. :o
[right][snapback]99611[/snapback][/right]

Thats the thing. I dont want to pass out. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
coolsvt,Apr 6 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:Your friend did a mistake when he welded the flange of the exhaust manifold while the flange of the turbine inlet is still bolted,anyway if your going to take off the header then take the turbo with you for resurfacing(you don't want to do something twice).Also for a gasket use stainless steel. B)
[right][snapback]99386[/snapback][/right]

I'm a little confused here....

I called Tapp again to ask for a gasket, again, they said not to bother. I'm going to get the header & trubo machined nice and flat, but was wondering what the rest of the FI guys are running there. Gasket or no gasket?

Tapp is consistently telling me to go with no Gasket. If you've seen their Wall of fame, I think they know what they're talking about.... :o
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
yeah my machinist also said not to bother about the gasket between the manifold and adapter plate.. i do have one between the adapter and turbo though.. but probably wouldn't need one has it should be flat..
ZX3T gone..
I used a gasket between my header and the turbo. Even if I didn't use a gasket i'd still throw in some ultra high temp rtv in there just to close any imperfections.