Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 Turbo Zx3
EDIT: Dave, Tom's tune? Was it a mail order thing...
[right][snapback]91082[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes.
Pressurizedzx3
IHI rhf5 vf34(12psi),SCT,bosch 42's,KN,no egr,denso itv22,170 thermo,3"trubendz exhaust,24x12x3fmic, 70mm svt maf,HKS bov,prothane lower mount,autometer,AEM wideband,onorthodox pulley...still missing something
I have 3 x 2.5" U bends.. was thinking 3" before turbo as I was told the smaller piping can cause some distortion in the MAf reading.. my buddy as some extra pieces so its no trouble. And since the compressor outlet is so small, same for IC, ill just use the 2.5 there..

Dave, what area are you from?
ZX3T gone..
3" is what Tom recommended to me for before turbo.

Couplers are fawkin exphensive dood. <_<

2" to 3" couple ris $50.00 :ph34r:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Lets clarify things here, my setup; 3inch between maf and turbo inlet, 2inch between turbo outlet and ic, 2.5inch between ic and throttle body. And i'm from Montreal.
Pressurizedzx3
IHI rhf5 vf34(12psi),SCT,bosch 42's,KN,no egr,denso itv22,170 thermo,3"trubendz exhaust,24x12x3fmic, 70mm svt maf,HKS bov,prothane lower mount,autometer,AEM wideband,onorthodox pulley...still missing something
dave tremblay,Mar 4 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:Lets clarify things here, my setup; 3inch between maf and turbo inlet, 2inch between turbo outlet and ic, 2.5inch between ic and throttle body. And i'm from Montreal.
[right][snapback]91246[/snapback][/right]

Exactly what Im going with. And Tom is doing my tune....I like the sound of things. :D

Dave, are you a CFM dealer?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
No i'm not a CFM dealer, And for the piping it should be a good setup but i still wonder if 2.5inch tubing after the IC is to big,thats why i'm planning on reducing it a bit.
Pressurizedzx3
Reminds me of my Focus...It wasn't turbo charged but it was superchargered....
Present: 2004 Mazda 3 GT Sedan
Titanium Grey, MTX, Brullen Exhaust
17" x 7" Enkei Evo 6 (Anthracite) with
Falken Ziex ZE-512

Previous: 2000 Ford Focus ZX3
with Jackson Racing Supercharger
yeah couplers are pretty expensive.. just regular rubber 2.5" tube was cheap though.. i got like 5 feet for like 50$.. not sure where as my buddy just ordered it when he ordered his parts..

Dave: how much did it cost to make your manifold adapter .. is it a dump pipe? (manifold flange followed by 2-3" long of piping then turbo flange) just trying tog et an idea as im getting one done but dont want to pay too much if i dont have to..
ZX3T gone..
Actually, for the mani adapter i took the part of the stock cat(very solid) that bolts on the mani and cut it. Blocked the bug for the egr and made a flange for the turbo.Pretty simple and i must admit that the stock mani does a very goog job with the turbo combination.(does not crack and resist to heat very very well)
Pressurizedzx3
Just curious on how much power that setup is running, it looks pretty close to the setup i'm going to be running in my car..
dave tremblay,Mar 8 2005, 10:40 AM Wrote:Actually, for the mani adapter i took the part of the stock cat(very solid) that bolts on the mani and cut it. Blocked the bug for the egr and made a flange for the turbo.Pretty simple and i must admit that the stock mani does a very goog job with the turbo combination.(does not crack and resist to heat very very well)
[right][snapback]92176[/snapback][/right]

i kinda understand but i dont see it.. i thought you'd just use the flange from the cat to mate with the manifold but since you plug the hole, it does go down lower on the cat than just the flange.. is there an additional "pipe" between the turbo and cat flange? or is that pipe actually part of the cat that you cut off

anyway its good..thanks!
ZX3T gone..
What i did was to cut the cat just after the cast piece(just before it starts to go bigger and i made a flange for the turbo)sorry if i dont have pics.As for power numbers well i dont have it yet, but as soon as i get numbers you'll know it.
Pressurizedzx3