Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Turbo Parts
IMHO, the places you shouldn't go cheap are the MAF, fuel injectors, chip/standalone, tuning.. since those are the things can end up costing you a motor... maybe WG actuator should go in that list too..

another random thought that came to mind.. is that something small like.. say.. the size of the oil feed and return lines, their positioning, and the use of restrictor on the flow (if any).. seems like a really small, random thing.. but its still key to get it right or else it might cost you a few turbos and a lot of headache..

could be worth it to buy a used hardware kit off someone and add on your own MAF/chip/injectors/tuning..

I was thinking that to. I saw a Gude kit for $2000 hence the name but I think if I mix and match my own parts I should be ok??
it 'should' be ok.. but there aren't much guarantees if you modify the motor that much.. i think its worth while to grill a lot of people who have a turbo kit on their focus.. ask about the little details like what size fittings did they use..what size hoses.. where did they tap for oil.. did they tap for coolant or just use an oil cooled turbo..

eh. i dunno.. maybe its not as big a deal as i think it is.. i definitely wouldn't get caught up with what trim compressor wheel or what size housing to use.. stuff like that.. i think that should be the furthest from your mind.. just go with whatever's cheapest and easier to get.. like a 14B or T25 from a DSM i think is a good bet.. cuz those are pretty much garbage to most of them.. so you can pick up a good condition one on the cheap...
DSM stuff off a Talon is good stuff, for moderate power gain...
That 1.8 intercooler is WAY small though, would be more of a restriction than anything, IMHO. Go custom for the intercooler.
SCT Inside
I will be getting a Gude kit but then customizing it. (ie bigger intercooler, and ya im keeping my mouth shut) I will actually be getting the kit sooner than planned. It will be done this winter. On and running..
Other options for toronto people that want a shop that will do it all. Is concepts on wheels I was talking to them about a turbo kit, and they will guarentee their work from begining to end including tuning. I did not talk to them about the price, but from everything that they showed me in the back, these boys know what they are doing.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Hmm... Do you know if they will offer packages? ie ship it to sask?
once they do a focus :ph34r: then they might be willing to do that not sure though since they are more like a one stop shopping experience for car modifications. They do ground up restorations to best of show cars. There demo car came in second place to the transformer car, just do to the fact of the paint job on the transformer car (airbrush scene of the two sides of transformers in battle).
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
i think its not that great of an idea to 'mail order' a kit because the tuning probably won't be right for your car. most likely they will give you a really conservative tune to be sure they won't grenade your motor. and if something does go wrong, you are pretty much screwed.. you'll be arguing over the phone over whose fault it was for a long time and you won't see a dime most likely
just buy a new engine... easy as pie
Radim at metallex would me a focus kit no problem for anyone in the toronto area if you showed up with 7g.

He would get you the same power as jay had no problem. And could get you alot more.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
7g ?! damn
ZX3T gone..
7G = way to much
hahahaha

not really when you drive it there .. park it .. and he does it all for you including tuning.

You think any shop would be any different... nope.

Tom is what... 6g US... Same crap.
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
toms is too much too hehe..
ZX3T gone..
Well ... You ask someone like Jay who put together his own turbo kit ...

I was there through alot of the install process too ...

Im sure we'd both agree..

Sometimes dishing out the extra money and just sitting back knowing it works 100% .. is well worth it.
tdot-zx3,Aug 2 2004, 02:41 PM Wrote:Well ... You ask someone like Jay who put together his own turbo kit ...

I was there through alot of the install process too ...

Im sure we'd both agree..

Sometimes dishing out the extra money and just sitting back knowing it works 100% .. is well worth it.
yeah i guess.. im sure we could all make a 50hp lawnmoawer but we still all go to canadian tire to get one hehe
ZX3T gone..
I will be going for the Gude kit then changing parts here and there. Its the only turbo I can Finance..
turbo + cheap doesnt go together .. sorry.

Theres a ton of hidden costs.
tdot-zx3,Aug 2 2004, 11:10 PM Wrote:turbo + cheap doesnt go together .. sorry.

Theres a ton of hidden costs.
LOTS :o ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Duratec Upgrade Parts List Scorcher000 3 2,656 10-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Last Post: GFXjamie
  What Parts Needed For Turbo ... zx5power 6 2,036 08-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Last Post: zx5power