Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Werd, I'm (almost) officially back
How lowered is it? I have some 18's that would look good on it.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Finally got to work where my BB data cable is. Damn you Bold 9700 and your new MicroUSB goodness.

EDIT - damn PB and its reverse ordering of HTML code! *shakes fist*

[Image: th_IMG00147-20100911-0844.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG00146-20100910-1754.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG00145-20100910-1704.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG00144-20100910-1658.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG00143-20100910-1658.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG00142-20100910-1658.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG00141-20100910-1658.jpg]

So yeah, we caused a small coolant leak (we being me). I'm thinking it's the thermostat housing. Nothing sprayed up under the hood, everything leaked down. It stopped after I stopped the engine. I'm not too worried because 1) it's a project car and 2) it's not needed as a daily driver. Hell, I might have busted something that was rusty / old while towing it home. The engine still runs/revs fine, I don't think it's a major motor issue or anything. So, this week I'll order up some new rotors and figure out the leak, then get it safetied.

OTOH, Oscar lent his first-gen knowledge on Saturday and we fixed the driver's door exterior handle latch pull. Seized spring, Stan! It's all good now.

I've gotta tell you guys, I can't wait to get it plated and rolling again.

Hey Ken, what do you think of the JRSC with the BBK?

Sparky - there's no way in hell I'm getting 18s under there at that ride height. EAP 17s scare me, and that's my tire of choice if I don't get the factory 16s powdercoated. Hell, I like the front that low so I might switch it up and finish dropping the rear to match if I can find a half-set of KWs.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Adam so what's the deal having coilovers only on the front? (i know you're switching them over but what was the purpose?)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Adam, if I were you i'd hunt for a PWSC or turbo over the JRSC. Jackson is a solid unit but its lack of intercooler is what really hurts it.
Nik - he blew the rear dampers out and swapped in the SVT suspension bits. It actually handles pretty decently with that config.

Kev - yeah, that does seem to be a glaring issue with the JRSC setup. Either way, it needs a motor refresh / new mill before anything gets done to it.

If it has lots of midrange and pull right up to about 5000-5300 RPMs and then falls off, consistently, what could be the cause of that? It'll pull to the limiter (eventually), but anything over 6k seems to take longer than it should - even in 1st gear. It's not the e-brake or anything - it'll roll all day clutched in or in neutral.

I've cleaned it up mechanically with a new fuel filter, new air filter, new sparkplugs, not sure what else it could be. I'm in the process of running a bottle of STP fuel injector cleaner through it. It also seems to have a stumble at idle that goes away when you poke the throttle and / or just drive it.

On a side note, possibly related: when Oscar and I were taking stock of it the first weekend that I had it at home, we blew something out of the tailpipe that looked like it could have been some sort of metallic packing. I just remembered that. Maybe the exhaust flow itself is partially obstructed and that's why it pulls hard through the midrange and then falls off up top?

Oscar - I also might want to borrow your Dad's compression tester tool.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Pretty sure 5300 rpm is the sweet spot for the Zetec (stock anyway Wink )

That metalic packing could have been you hi-flo cat? Especially if you are hard on it right from when it's cold, i know that's how i potched my OEM cat
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Now come to think of it, it was probably some mouse nest. However you won't know till we rip off the exhaust and have it cleaned out.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Try cleaning your MAF to be on the safe side. And I agree with Gord that metalic could be your cat.

(p.s. it's Nick, forgot to log out off my gf's account)
When it comes to relationships, maybe we're all in glass houses, and shouldn't throw stones. Because you can never really know. Some people are settling down, some are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less. Than butterflies...
I assume you tried to read any DTC's on the car and came up blank there?

NefCanuck
It's throwing one for a fuel (leak?) but I think I have it down to it being an aftermarket fuel cap. No spillage anywhere, the lines are dry under the car and under the hood and fuel consumption looks to be about right for what it has done and my heavier than normal right foot.

I fully intend to replace said cap with a factory one this week, clear the DTC and see if it comes back.

Oscar - come and see me when you see this. And I need to borrow your electronics cleaner spray Tongue

Nice score, and best of luck to you on your project! Id've had another ZX3 or ZX5 in a heartbeat (especially an SVT), but my wife isn't a fan of the way they look (hates the cookie cutter shape of the wheel arches, and a couple other things). At least I've got the 77' Silverado inside a garage now (gonna do an Electric fan conversion, dual-plane intake manifold, equal length headers, etc and get it up over 300hp at the rear end).

Keep us posted on what you do with the new toy. Oh yeah, the EAP's would be sex, but alas, all of the new Foci seem to have them, which dilutes the ownership of them on an older model just that little bit (at least to me anyways).
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Thanks Ian!

I'm toying with the idea of powdercoating the factory 16s that came with it. Yeah, seeing all of the 2008+ SES models with the EAPs makes me die a little inside, considering over half of the people with EAPs are 50+ and never drive the car the way it would take it.

I may also go get some OZ rims, or just grab a set of the black EAPs from BAT or Ford Racing (Tousley Ford, etc). For some reason, I think the black EAPs would look great on it with the Malibu Blue.

Yes to black EAP's!
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Yeah, the black EAP's would be awesome...ORRRRR....the SAP's off the 09+ Fusion SEL Sport...I want those for my Escape!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Yes, it's dirty. Fing birds earlier that day. And I didn't have a chance to wash the rims, I just made sure they were up to spec and installed them.

If the weather holds out, I'll clean the MAF after work. Not having a garage sucks. Sad I think next year I might finally have to do something about that.

Next up is the dipstick repair and an oil change. Hopefully the 4-2-1 and high-flow cat at the same time. Also wanting to get the new mirrors installed and wired.
(09-28-2010, 09:01 AM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: Yeah, the black EAP's would be awesome...ORRRRR....the SAP's off the 09+ Fusion SEL Sport...I want those for my Escape!

I wouldn't mind a set of those for mine, either. They're sweet.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG00165-20100927-1754.jpg (Size: 383.39 KB / Downloads: 6)