Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made in Canada, eh?
(03-22-2012, 09:27 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 10:06 AM)lsjpwr Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 11:59 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: That is awful expensive lol

Now yes I said across the pond but I didn't mean into debt lol
Ya these cars do what they are supposed to do but they are normal cars turned into track cars. So why not get something that was designed to be a track car to begin with for less... I'm I right?

Look at this ep of Top Gear. Great episode and they slow but hell spent nothing for the cars and still had a dam good time lol
Top Gear Season 18 EP 7

Also this is the kind of car I was talking about. And they even run Duratecs in them. The factory new cars are a little expensive but if you search out some of the forums they guys are supercharging and turbocharging the Duratec Motor and flying around the track for cheap.
http://www.caterham.co.uk/assets/html/showroom.html

caterhams are nice but no where near a purpose built touring car

Just a question...

How... is a Focus or a Contour, a Purpose Built Touring Car...?

Just a question, I don't need an answer.

no problems giving answers pictures are worth a 1000 words

[Image: jrsvtcontour.jpg]

[Image: cougarh.jpg]

[Image: jrtsx.jpg]

[Image: jrsvt.jpg]

[Image: jrsvt2.jpg]

so to answer your question a touring car is pretty much a factory looking car that is modified beyond STREET use. A caterham is considered a kit car making it street legal and not a touring car and caterhams designed for racing are considered a sports racer. The cars pictured above were built just for touring car use, fully seem welded chasis, wild suspension, weld in cage and stiff enough to make the fillings fall out of your teeth. hope my answer was good enough

(03-24-2012, 01:29 PM)lsjpwr Wrote: [Image: jrsvtcontour.jpg]

Is this corner three at Mosport by any chance ... that asphalt strip sure looks familiar.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(03-24-2012, 05:24 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(03-24-2012, 01:29 PM)lsjpwr Wrote: [Image: jrsvtcontour.jpg]

Is this corner three at Mosport by any chance ... that asphalt strip sure looks familiar.

Actually I think it entry at 5

Ya it's worth a 1000 words but they are still not purpose built. your taking someones old church car and then making a race car out of it.

What I'm saying is why spend all that much on a car then add sooo much more and not be able to drive on the street.

When you can buy something that was made for the track to begin with, right!

Don't get me wrong I love the way they look I tend not to follow the leader. You know what I mean.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(03-25-2012, 01:23 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Ya it's worth a 1000 words but they are still not purpose built. your taking someones old church car and then making a race car out of it.

What I'm saying is why spend all that much on a car then add sooo much more and not be able to drive on the street.

When you can buy something that was made for the track to begin with, right!

Don't get me wrong I love the way they look I tend not to follow the leader. You know what I mean.

I think building a church car into a touring car is somewhat being built for a purpose. from what I recall from the begining of time a touring car would be considered a "church" car from btcc to the early dtm days now to castrol touring car championship and world challenge.

but I agree that spending so much on a car and not being able to drive it on the street sucks. but the thing is if you crash on the track your race car is still repairable but your street car cannot. the white cougar got hit hard twice but because of the roll cage was repairable.

this guy had the same idea as you do. he just said bye bye to 200k. (that was at mosport)
[Image: porscheuo.jpg]

If you can afford to race a GTS RS, You can afford another one after that happends.
(03-27-2012, 10:57 PM)Chromey Wrote: If you can afford to race a GTS RS, You can afford another one after that happends.

Money is not an option for the guy that crashed he's got a few more cars to his name. Just saying for the average guy crashing his street car is not a good thing