Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Day At The Dealership
oldeguy,Jan 31 2008, 10:59 PM Wrote:Small rant...what the "fawk" is wrong with wanting a "fawkin" Focus?
[right][snapback]257220[/snapback][/right]
No one WANTS a Focus............when you can get a Lincoln. :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 1 2008, 07:32 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jan 31 2008, 10:59 PM Wrote:Small rant...what the "fawk" is wrong with wanting a "fawkin" Focus?
[right][snapback]257228[/snapback][/right]

Ah, but the Focus does some things better than the Lincoln can ;)

For example going farther on a tank of gas, easier to park and avoid thoughtless fawkers who swing open their doors like its a Wild West Saloon, less likely to attract thieves...

Having said all that, having a Focus & a Lincoln in the stable might just be the best of all possible worlds :D
NefCanuck,Feb 1 2008, 01:58 PM Wrote:

For example going farther on a tank of gas, easier to park and avoid thoughtless fawkers who swing open their doors like its a Wild West Saloon, less likely to attract thieves...

Having said all that, having a Focus & a Lincoln in the stable might just be the best of all possible worlds :D
[right][snapback]257262[/snapback][/right]

I think we can go the same distance on a tank of gas, it just costs me a little more (600kms costs me about $55-60)

But I see your point.

How about a Chrysler, a Lincoln, a truck and a Focus?

Now I sound like Sparky.

meford4u,Feb 1 2008, 05:23 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 1 2008, 01:58 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]257262[/snapback][/right]

I think we can go the same distance on a tank of gas, it just costs me a little more (600kms costs me about $55-60)

But I see your point.

How about a Chrysler, a Lincoln, a truck and a Focus?

Now I sound like Sparky.
[right][snapback]257281[/snapback][/right]

Heh, that kind of stable would need me to rent or buy two more parking spaces where I live ;) :lol:

Since I have two, it does seem a shame that one goes unused (C'mon Super 7, the Focus needs an AWD MKZ for company downstairs in the garage :lol:)

NefCanuck
meford4u,Feb 1 2008, 10:23 PM Wrote:How about a Chrysler, a Lincoln, a truck and a Focus? 

Now I sound like Sparky.

pick up a STi hatch and it can be a stuff hauler/bad weather car/beater/track vehicle.. and with bling leather recaros and navi it can be semi luxo daily driver?

seems silly to have so many vehicles ? but then again i guess parking is not ~$500/mo to rent or $50k+ to purchase in canada

naz,Feb 2 2008, 03:41 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 1 2008, 10:23 PM Wrote:How about a Chrysler, a Lincoln, a truck and a Focus? 

Now I sound like Sparky.

pick up a STi hatch and it can be a stuff hauler/bad weather car/beater/track vehicle.. and with bling leather recaros and navi it can be semi luxo daily driver?

seems silly to have so many vehicles ? but then again i guess parking is not ~$500/mo to rent or $50k+ to purchase in canada
[right][snapback]257322[/snapback][/right]
It is silly to have so many vehicles. We are currently in a transition period(moving soon) and a new vehicle for the wife was necessary, the boy owns the Focus and drives the Chrysler currently as his winter beater and the truck is mine.
And parking is free. Kinda. It's the main motivator for moving as I only have 2 spots for 4 cars.

I have 3 cars -- the Focus, a Taurus and a Ranger. The Focus is for work, the truck is for bad weather/hauling and the Taurus is my wife's.

It's handy for me to have an extra vehicle -- I put 700k a week on the car just driving to work; inside 2 1/2 years I put 82000k on the Focus.

Parking's not a problem for me. I have a 4 car driveway; as in 4 large cars -- plus a 2 car garage, although 1/3 of that is a workshop.

[Image: 2007_0214_191816AAMedium.jpg]
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
hey Sparky has a nice house :)

700km a week? you live far from work eh?

i only put 300km/week + some on the weekend.......takes me around 25 min to get to work on the highway
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
i used to have a 864km/week (55mile to work each way) commute.. so i purchased the ultimate commuter.. a 500cc motorcycle. if i parked my sube all the way into my parking spot i could stick the bike in front and have both vehicles within my parking box. w00t

the worst part about having an apt and parking box is no where to put tools.. i totally wish i have space for a bike lift and tools
I'd love to bike to work, but it's not in the cards. I don't trust other drivers on the QEW to make the commute and live; that coupled with my schedule (the fatigue factor) you don't get any reprieve on a bike for a moment of inattention.

Hell, even my wife was 100% behind me getting my pilot license (and is warm to getting a plane if/when finances permit) but won't entertain the hint of a motorcycle for my work commute.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
its actually not that bad to commute on the highway on a MC.. as long as the traffic is flowing smoothly

you should try it. pretty much the only drawback is lack of trunk space