Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking Of Buying A 2007 Zx5
meford4u,Aug 21 2007, 11:12 PM Wrote:I have no use for mine.  Or my wife's.  So if your looking to buy a new car, I can and will help.

[right][snapback]247311[/snapback][/right]

does this discount apply to vehicles in the 'extended' ford family.. such as the mazdaspeed3.. or 'specialty' ford vehicles like shelby mustangs?

and.. can you (or would you) pass this on to someone living in the US..... :)
I've mulled it over and over....

so I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow to tell him I'll take it.

I would buy and ST if it came in a hatch but I will never buy a sedan. After having the ZX3 I could never go back. The ZX5 is an SES so it's got everything but leather, I don't care for it. To bad the wagon doesn't have the same rear suspension set up or the interior of the ZX models. I do wish the ST struts and spring were in the ZX5. I really wish that Ford split the back seat bottom 60/40.

The suspension can be worked around at a later date.

In the brochure the audio controls behind the wheel looks like an after though, no?

I'm guessing I'll have the car next week sometime.

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
naz,Aug 21 2007, 08:51 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Aug 21 2007, 11:12 PM Wrote:I have no use for mine.  Or my wife's.  So if your looking to buy a new car, I can and will help.

[right][snapback]247311[/snapback][/right]

does this discount apply to vehicles in the 'extended' ford family.. such as the mazdaspeed3.. or 'specialty' ford vehicles like shelby mustangs?

and.. can you (or would you) pass this on to someone living in the US..... :)
[right][snapback]247329[/snapback][/right]
I cannot get the Mazda lineup of vehicles. My father has access to that, and given the fact they are taking advantage of this discount, he cannot pass on the discount to either myself or you.

And No, most specialty vehicles are not included. However, this does change. The mustang Shelby.........no.

And as for passing it on to a US resident, I think that can happen. I cannot use the Aplan in the US. You have to use it in the country you reside. But since you are an American, I believe I can pass the savings on to you. But I am not anywhere near 100% sure of this. The plan was intended for friends and family, and because it is a Ford of Canada incentive, you may be screwed out of getting it in the US.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
The audio controls are WICKED. I love mine :D

They look a little overdone when you look at them from the side with the door open, but when you're behind the wheel you just see the buttons themselves. It doesn't bother me one bit.

I can't live without them now. I can surf tracks/MP3s and adjust the volume on the fly without even having to look at the deck. The most I do is glance over quickly to see what song I'm on if I don't recall the position or if it has a quiet start to it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
yeah , I really enjoy the stereo controls as well , I had put a dvd deck in that made me lose my controls . Lets just say I chose controls ... next deck I buy will be compatible with the controls with a PAC I think thats what its called not sure .

And I gotta agree with nos2go it looks like what the hell was ford thinking when you got the driver door open and standing out but when your in the seat its right where it needs to be !
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Hate to pull a me three on the subject of the extra steering wheel mounted audio controls but damn. Dunno where I would be without mine :D I mean I can change tracks, volume, hell I can even switch from CD to radio on the fly without having to even look at the deck :P

Next car I buy will have these controls if I have to sell my soul to the devil, makes my drive that much safer ;) (and if I can get the HVAC controls on the wheel too, bonus ;))

NefCanuck
meford4u,Aug 22 2007, 01:24 AM Wrote:....
[right][snapback]247335[/snapback][/right]

thanks for looking into it! so is your father going to get a sweet deal on a mazdaspeed car? :D

re the steering wheel mounted controls.. i found that you can't hold the steering wheel at 3 and 9 with those controls and the when you hold it at 2 and 10 the seams on the wheel dig into your pinky fingers.. i liked the steering wheel setup in my '00 zx3 a lot better.. i think it felt better in my hand and there are no random buttons
It's gone. So they will call me if they find another.

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
Still lots of ZX5s around (unless you've changed your mind) -- rather than wait for the dealer to find one (they may not be able to trade for it) -- why not check it out yourself.

IIRC even my buddy in Cambridge has one at his dealership.

Remember - you've only got 8 days left to get the best deal (Z-plan + Ambassador) ... if you're serious, now's the time.

DRyanC,Aug 22 2007, 05:02 PM Wrote:It's gone. So they will call me if they find another.

DRyanC
[right][snapback]247394[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I can check Stockfish today/tomorrow if you want to see if they can do an inter-dealer trade for it or whatever they call it.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Here's the thing Adam ... even a dealer trade that's nearby costs a few hundred bucks to complete ... gotta pay someone to drive there and back ... cost of gas ... gotta cut a cheque to the other dealer or collect one if there's a difference between the cars ... the risk of damage, etc ... so there's a bit of an administrative headache ... and that assumes that the dealer who has the car is willing to give it up for whatever is being offered in trade.

And because this is a low-gross deal (Z-plan) dealers typically won't spend a lot of time and effort making it happen - they'd rather tell you there isn't another one around and switch you to another car they have in stock.

It's been my sad experience that dealerships take the easy way out virtually every time ... and a dealer trade is never the easy way.

The Z-plan + Ambassador deal is an awesome deal that is good (and the same) at any dealership ... and there are a dozen Ford dealerships within an easy drive of Georgetown ... and frankly Concept is not one of the best dealerships around - no offense to anyone at Concept.

Not trying to tell DRyanC what to do ... but if he's serious about doing this (none of my business if he is or isn't) then there's certain realities that should be considered.

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 22 2007, 05:26 PM Wrote:I can check Stockfish today/tomorrow if you want to see if they can do an inter-dealer trade for it or whatever they call it.
[right][snapback]247397[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

if you showed up to a high volume dealer with your chequebook i'd be very surprised if you walked you without the car you want, or something very much like it...

It's easy to look up the vehicle you are looking for on the Ford.ca website.

I looked at Oakland in oakville, and they are a large(ish) Ford dealer and they have what you are looking for.

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/o...1668&modelId=15
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Thanks everyone.

The Oakland has leather, so thats out. It has to be liquid grey with a sunroof and without the GFX package. I've browsed the ford.ca locator side for like 50 dealers, unless I missed I didn't see one, but not all dealers list their stock. I have never seen an ST listed on anyones inventory either.

I don't like concept either. My friend worked there for about 2 years then went to blackstock so thats where I'm going.

I'l wait and see what they say tomorrow.

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
Wow, one of the dealers near me has 8 ST's on their web inventory!!! 2 of them are Liquid Grey.
But they only have one Liquid grey SES 5 door with an ATX and without sunroof.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
http://www.georgestockfishford.com

I'll check there shortly.

http://www6.autonet.ca/georgestockfishford...e=760#TopOfList - moonroof, leather, manual, CD silver

http://www6.autonet.ca/georgestockfishford...e=757#TopOfList - Dark Toreador Red, manual - NO SUNROOF OR LEATHER.

I see your problem ... your combination is going to be hard to find right now for a few reasons:

1) no factory orders and these cars are selling fast
2) the GFX is a really good deal at $345 so dealers "heavied up" on this option
3) the SES being the "luxury" trim, is very often ordered with moonroof and leather together
4) a lot of dealers only put side air bags on cars that are otherwise fully loaded - ie: including leather

My advice is to be a little flexible on colour and to take one with the GFX if you have to in order to get the other things you want - then if you wanted to trade the front end with someone who had the regular front - should be real easy.

For example, this Silver ZX5 GFX 5-speed with side air bags, moonroof, no leather, 6-pack Sony Audiophile, at Whiteoak in Mississauga

and they have another just like it but without the Sony.

DRyanC,Aug 22 2007, 08:32 PM Wrote:Thanks everyone.

The Oakland has leather, so thats out. It has to be liquid grey with a sunroof and without the GFX package. I've browsed the ford.ca locator side for like 50 dealers, unless I missed I didn't see one, but not all dealers list their stock. I have never seen an ST listed on anyones inventory either.

I don't like concept either. My friend worked there for about 2 years then went to blackstock so thats where I'm going.

I'l wait and see what they say tomorrow.

DRyanC
[right][snapback]247408[/snapback][/right]

The colour has to be liquid grey. I have a 2000 black ZX3 and when I saw they grey come out in 2003(?),I really wished mine was that colour, and I told myself I would only get that if I were to get another Focus. I've seen some with out sunroofs with air bags, some with sunroofs an no bags and some just SES's. I'm just preparing myself to be with out one or both.

I have been approved, now I'll just wait and see.

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
Well I'm getting one with out the side bags. Was there ever an option for rear door bags? I'll be picking it up sometime next week.

Anyone get "extras" thrown in when they bought one, ie: all weather floor mats, trunk mat, etc...

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
Congrats ... and "no" no rear door bags ... although both side air bags and the side curtain are standard on the new 2008's

The Focus comes standard with carpet mats ... the only extras I get from my dealer are a lifetime of free loaners and a complete car detail everytime I take it in for service. Not too shabby :lol:

DRyanC,Aug 23 2007, 03:17 PM Wrote:Well I'm getting one with out the side bags. Was there ever an option for rear door bags? I'll be picking it up sometime next week.

Anyone get "extras" thrown in when they bought one, ie: all weather floor mats, trunk mat, etc...

DRyanC
[right][snapback]247446[/snapback][/right]