Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Km's Per Tank
thanks i wasn't sure on why i was burning so much
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
I'm getting under 400 kms a tank now with mine... Wires and plugs were done a year ago, new air filter in the summer, needs the fuel filter done (sitting in the garage but to frickin' cold).

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
like right now i have 3/4 of a tank of gas and only gone 35kms
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
tippmann,Feb 14 2007, 09:49 PM Wrote:like right now i have 3/4 of a tank of gas and only gone 35kms
[right][snapback]226957[/snapback][/right]

That's insane! Honestly, it sounds like you've either been:
1) idling left right and center
2) warm the car up a lot
3) turn the car on and off many times a day

:lol: Any one of those?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
nope ..no idling , yeah i warm up the car but only for like 2 or 3 mins. and car is only started like twice a day..before and after work
Interior

Power mods
tippmann,Feb 14 2007, 09:54 PM Wrote:nope ..no idling , yeah i warm up the car but only for like 2 or 3 mins. and car is only started like twice a day..before and after work
[right][snapback]226960[/snapback][/right]

Any odd smells or performance issues? I noticed strange fuel mileage several weeks after they replaced the fuel level sender & pump in my gas tank, turned out that the O ring on the return line had worked itself loose (Or wasn't re-installed correctly in the first place :rolleyes: )

NefCanuck
I'm not even that bad and I run the heated seats like I need them to breathe... and the rear defroster / heated mirrors.

I'm getting 80-90KMs per 1/4 tank indicated, which is less than when the car was brand-new.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 15 2007, 11:41 AM Wrote:I'm not even that bad and I run the heated seats like I need them to breathe... and the rear defroster / heated mirrors.

I'm getting 80-90KMs per 1/4 tank indicated, which is less than when the car was brand-new.
[right][snapback]226994[/snapback][/right]

You too eh? Yeah I run those heated seats in weather like this nearly constantly... maybe that's why I'm down to 80km per 1/4 indicated if I'm lucky :P

NefCanuck
(Leather is cool, except in weather like this when it's FREAKIN' FREEZING! then it's too damn cool :D)
NefCanuck,Feb 15 2007, 10:27 AM Wrote:
tippmann,Feb 14 2007, 09:54 PM Wrote:nope ..no idling , yeah i warm up the car but only for like 2 or 3 mins. and car is only started like twice a day..before and after work

Any odd smells or performance issues? I noticed strange fuel mileage several weeks after they replaced the fuel level sender & pump in my gas tank, turned out that the O ring on the return line had worked itself loose (Or wasn't re-installed correctly in the first place :rolleyes: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]226986[/snapback][/right]

nope haven't noticed any odd smell or performance issues.. how much do you think it would cost to take it in to get looked at? Should i just wait till winter is over and see what happens then?? or should i change the wires and plugs this weekend?
Interior

Power mods
tippmann,Feb 15 2007, 04:26 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 15 2007, 10:27 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]226986[/snapback][/right]

nope haven't noticed any odd smell or performance issues.. how much do you think it would cost to take it in to get looked at? Should i just wait till winter is over and see what happens then?? or should i change the wires and plugs this weekend?
[right][snapback]227033[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, not sure what they'd ding you to look at it (I'd say a C note for sure) I'd try plugs/wires/fuel filter combo first, run that until they switch to regular gas, see if your mileage improves, otherwise, dealer time.

NefCanuck
yeah i guess i will try those first..

with the fuel filter. how hard is it to change?

thanks guys
Interior

Power mods
ok stupid question here...what would be the best spark plugs and wires to get?..going to CDN tire ..later on in afternoon
Interior

Power mods
Honestly, if you have a SPI / ZETEC, get the OEM plugs AND wires from the dealer. I've yet to get bad gear from the dealer and the price is normally reasonable.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
If it's a Zetec, OEM Motorcraft Platinum plugs, and FR 9mm wires. Best combo to run on a stock or lightly modified car.

I ran this when I had my 01 ZX3, along with AEM CAI, FC 65mm TB and 2nd gen MBRP. I used to get 550-600+ km's to a tank still with those bolt-ons, but eventually the fuel economy dwindled (especially in winter).

I noticed that my Mustang gets it's best fuel economy when it's cool out, and NOT cold or hot. In normal conditions, on the hwy, I can get 500-550+ km's to a tank, and that tank costs $40-$45 to fill on average. Not too shabby for a V8 huh?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
ok...thanks...where would i pick up the wires from?? im going to try and get the plugs in the morning from ford.

damn that doesn't sound bad for a V8
Interior

Power mods
Thats actually not too shabby at all for V8 mustang.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I bought mine from the FRPP catalogue, but made the order at a Ford Dealership. They cost me around $65 after the taxes, and were quick and easy to install. The car ran fantastic with them, with a quicker throttle response than the normal ones. They were one of the very first modifications I made to my car at the time.

I also ran Motorcraft 5W20 FULL synthetic oil in that engine from 100,000km's and up...something I also switched in my Mustang after it had over 20,000km's on it.

I'm not joking when I say that the Zetec likes the stock stuff for fluids, plugs and wires...no idea why.

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
ok...thanks alot drivesthebeast...i will be going to ford in the morning to get it all order and bought...hopefully this will fix it all
Interior

Power mods
Tipp,

Check you air cleaner, see if it needs to be replaced. If your running an SRI clean and re-oil. As mentioned also change your fuel filter.
I'm running NGK iridium plugs, Motorcraft Wires and while changing your wires have your coils cleaned.

This is my setup and I get about 500 HWY KM to the tank in winter and in summer about 600.

Hope things work out.
We usually get 400-500 km per tank in the wagon ... closer to 400 right now in the cold and it's in need of a tune-up. On a couple of occasions topped 600 in the warm without the air on.