Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clunking Noise
zx5power,Dec 20 2006, 02:16 AM Wrote:Im friggin sure its your strut mounts, im telling you check it
[right][snapback]221104[/snapback][/right]

How do i check if its the strut mounts?
zx5power,Dec 20 2006, 02:16 AM Wrote:Im friggin sure its your strut mounts, im telling you check it
[right][snapback]221104[/snapback][/right]

How do i check if its the strut mounts?
focuspilot23,Dec 19 2006, 11:04 PM Wrote:Ok,  So i pinpointed the noise, and its for sure the front tires everytime the steering wheel is turned i does a lot of creaking and groaning, and it'll still do when i'm driving.

Could it still be the endlinks? or is it something worse? would my tierod make that noise if it was bad?
[right][snapback]221101[/snapback][/right]

I'm friggin sure its your end links are dry...

Heres how to tell:

1> Jack up the front of your car and take the wheels off...

2> Take a can of penetrating fluid... like wd40

3> Find your swaybar.... Attached to the swaybar is the endlinks, they connect the swaybar to the strut.

4> Put the little straw that comes with the can of wd40 into the seal on the joint between the strut and the endlink. put the straw under the seal so it goes inside.

5> squirt a s*** load of fluid into the little boot....

6> Repeat on the lower joint attached to the swaybar...

7> repeat on the other side.

Ok... now go for about a 5 minute drive... if the noise is still there its not you endlinks...

Trust me this works...
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
Thanks Sliversteeda that worked, though i didn't take the wheel off, but i did take a can of white lithium grease and squirted the s**t out of the joints and stuff, and it seems to have stopped the noise for the most part, it'll do it a little when the steering wheel is cranked all the way, but only a little bit. Much better than it was before.

Thanks for the help :)
Cool... glad i could help....
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
links - i have replaced mine twice - they are cheap - dont lube - replace
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya... but the reason they go is because they go dry... if they are kept lubed they are kept working.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clunking noise in front of focus mustanggt_50 10 3,401 11-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Last Post: mustanggt_50