Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Halo Hella Hid Conversion Update
nass,Oct 25 2005, 07:44 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Oct 25 2005, 10:27 PM Wrote:easier just buying the hellas from the start
[right][snapback]151495[/snapback][/right]

yeah I could have just bought hella lights, but then I'd be riding in the back of a bandwagon instead of driving it, I said from the begining that I wanted something that was my own creation and that no one else would have.

Beside why would I pay over 400usd ( correct the price if I am off ) for lights when I can spend half that and have my own lights.

like AnthonyD said, back to your emo cave.
[right][snapback]151515[/snapback][/right]

Double Pwn3d...

Nice work nass
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Make tyhe next set out of plaster of paris...

Or marble.

y'know, the light stuff. :lol:
Looking pretty good nass, can't wait to see the end product.
Favorite Links:

Collegemates.ca
FocusCanada.net
Focaljet.com
FocusFanatics.com

"Getting older is mandatory, growing up is optional."
any updates on this project. I am really interested in seeing what the final project will look like. I have these projectors on my focus and I wanna see what they would look like modded.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
EMO CAVE.....

:lol: :lol:

GOLD!
ThraxXx,Nov 20 2005, 04:09 AM Wrote:any updates on this project.  I am really interested in seeing what the final project will look like.  I have these projectors on my focus and I wanna see what they would look like modded.
[right][snapback]156805[/snapback][/right]

yea, anything yet nass? kinda curious myself
Hey guys

No update as of right now :( I've been wanting to finish this up badly but I just moved and my workshop has some electrical problems that I keep blowing fuses but I got my garage cleaned up this weekend so I have some room. I have to finish up the passenger side light it's about half done, then pretty much mount the brackets I've made, wire up the LED cluster for the turns and then slap things together and bob's your uncle.

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Nice.

hurry up!
microbunny,Nov 20 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:EMO CAVE.....

:lol:  :lol:

GOLD!
[right][snapback]156831[/snapback][/right]

Emo cave? Did you smoke something that should have been sniffed?
BAHAHAHHA...

"Now remember Billy, avoid eye contact!"
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
You should have started with these lights http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01-02-04...016134123QQrdZ1
but yours are starting to look pretty good
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
those'd be mighty hard to put eyebrows on, don't you think?

nice work naas
CheckMyVitals,Nov 30 2005, 04:47 AM Wrote:those'd be mighty hard to put eyebrows on, don't you think?

nice work naas
[right][snapback]158480[/snapback][/right]

no it'll be easy. I am putting the clear plastic cover back on :)

thanks! I am almost done the shells!! now I just have to wait until my LEDs come in then it's a matter of wiring things up.

side note. How hard is it to take out the stock lights? just curious cause I want to see what these look like tonight. From what I remember reading there is a hidden bolt that makes things fun. Right?
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Yeah, from what Oscar and ThraxXx have told me there's two visible bolts under the hood and then one more that has to be accessed from under the car for each light.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
there is exactly 4 bolts to undo on each light,

1. Located at the top of the headlight on the fender ( easy access )
2. Located in the middle section of the headlight ( easy access )
3. Located at the bottom of the light attached to the bumper ( you have to take off the CAI cover, and possible take out the upper grill if you don't have extentions )
4. Under the car attached to the Fender ( you may have to jack up the car to get to it, after that it's just looking up and undoing it. )
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ZX3_2NV,Nov 24 2005, 10:06 PM Wrote:You should have started with these lights http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01-02-04...016134123QQrdZ1
but yours are starting to look pretty good
[right][snapback]157625[/snapback][/right]

Those ebay headlights are junk. Both beams are the same except one is aimed higher then the other. They also don't come with the projector feature for the low beam. Its like having 2 stock headlights in your car.
How'd they turn out?
ANTHONYD,Nov 30 2005, 09:48 PM Wrote:How'd they turn out?
[right][snapback]158616[/snapback][/right]

waiting for my LEDs to show up and the final sand/prime of the shells and then the paint goes on. To answer the concerns of the cracking issue from heat/cold. I put my lights in the freezer for a day then I put them into the oven that was set at 100F for ~10mins and the only crack I saw was in an area that's not visible. Hopefully my ghetto test is accurate.

if things go well these bad boys will be done this weekend....
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Nov 30 2005, 09:13 AM Wrote:
CheckMyVitals,Nov 30 2005, 04:47 AM Wrote:those'd be mighty hard to put eyebrows on, don't you think?

nice work naas

thanks! I am almost done the shells!! now I just have to wait until my LEDs come in then it's a matter of wiring things up.

side note. How hard is it to take out the stock lights? just curious cause I want to see what these look like tonight. From what I remember reading there is a hidden bolt that makes things fun. Right?
[right][snapback]158504[/snapback][/right]
lol, sorry, talking about the headligths ZX3_2NV posted.

did i miss something? what are the LEDs for? turnsignals?
CheckMyVitals,Dec 3 2005, 05:37 AM Wrote:
nass,Nov 30 2005, 09:13 AM Wrote:

nice work naas

[right][snapback]158504[/snapback][/right]
lol, sorry, talking about the headligths ZX3_2NV posted.

did i miss something? what are the LEDs for? turnsignals?
[right][snapback]159132[/snapback][/right]

yup exactly.. I am getting rid of the stock grill.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Halo Headlights On Ebay SL8RZZX3 13 5,543 11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Last Post: smith21