Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air France Jet Skids Of Runaway At Pearson
The fact that the people were alll able to get out in that amount of time is ancredible.

I too would have made it out.

At a moment like that, you'd step over your own mother to get out.
haha, i bet hazel will call it the missisauga miracle part 2....
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Aug 4 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:haha, i bet hazel will call it the missisauga miracle part 2....
[right][snapback]127967[/snapback][/right]

WHAT WAS MIRACLE PT.1?
Mississauga Miracle
05 Altima SE-R
Oh, I thought it was the fact she's gotta be 90+ and not using a respirator. :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Poor hazel :(
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Aug 4 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:Poor hazel :(
[right][snapback]127987[/snapback][/right]

Feh, "Poor Hazel" my eye... that woman is so tough she gets hit by a truck and is back at work three days later.

Hey, she's tougher than your Focus scooba! :rofl:

NefCanuck
thats the scary thing. If i didnt plan to leave mississauga allready, id be leaving when she dies.. the city is gonna go to hell.
05 Altima SE-R
Okay being the aviation nerd that i am. More info for ya if ya actually care...

the a340 doesn't have any back up systems for brakes...If all electrical power failed, and then came online again, the APU (auxillary power unit) would have to respool to continue to generate power from cockpit to the systems needed. Now yer wondering (or maybe you aren't.."what is the apu"....) You know when your standing at the airport gazing out onto the apron watching aircraft sitting there, and you see a Heat signature coming from the hole at the very aft (rear) of the aircraft, well thats the APU running. it's generating power for items such as Lights, Air conditioning, ETC.

now when the aircraft ( i say this because "airplane" is dum) is acutally running with engines apu is shut down, so if all engines fail and the apu is down, not a bit of power is being generated, so nothing from cockpit is getting to anything on the aircraft, hence the no brakes, hence the plopping into ditch, hence the screaming and yelling and pusshing and shoving and fire and boom boom and yeah...

TADA..
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Aug 4 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:Okay being the aviation nerd that i am.  More info for ya if ya actually care...

the a340 doesn't have any back up systems for brakes...If all electrical power failed, and then came online again, the APU (auxillary power unit) would have to respool to continue to generate power from cockpit to the systems needed.  Now yer wondering (or maybe you aren't.."what is the apu"....)  You know when your standing at the airport gazing out onto the apron watching aircraft sitting there, and you see a Heat signature coming from the hole at the very aft (rear) of the aircraft, well thats the APU running.  it's generating power for items such as Lights, Air conditioning, ETC. 

now when the aircraft ( i say this because "airplane" is dum) is acutally running with engines apu is shut down, so if all engines fail and the apu is down, not a bit of power is being generated, so nothing from cockpit is getting to anything on the aircraft, hence the no brakes, hence the plopping into ditch, hence the screaming and yelling and pusshing and shoving and fire and boom boom and yeah...

TADA..
[right][snapback]128211[/snapback][/right]

:blink: That's RIDICULOUS! you mean they don't have a system in place that if the engines fail for whatever reason the auxiliary power unit doesn't kick in *immediately*? That's nuts...

NefCanuck
(Gee, really makes me wanna get on a plane to go visit the grandparents <_< )
NefCanuck,Aug 4 2005, 06:06 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Aug 4 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:Okay being the aviation nerd that i am.  More info for ya if ya actually care...

the a340 doesn't have any back up systems for brakes...If all electrical power failed, and then came online again, the APU (auxillary power unit) would have to respool to continue to generate power from cockpit to the systems needed.  Now yer wondering (or maybe you aren't.."what is the apu"....)  You know when your standing at the airport gazing out onto the apron watching aircraft sitting there, and you see a Heat signature coming from the hole at the very aft (rear) of the aircraft, well thats the APU running.  it's generating power for items such as Lights, Air conditioning, ETC. 

TADA..
[right][snapback]128211[/snapback][/right]

:blink: That's RIDICULOUS! you mean they don't have a system in place that if the engines fail for whatever reason the auxiliary power unit doesn't kick in *immediately*? That's nuts...

NefCanuck
(Gee, really makes me wanna get on a plane to go visit the grandparents <_< )
[right][snapback]128223[/snapback][/right]

the auxillary power unit MAY kick in immediately, but it may take a few seconds to get up to generating power, by that time, oops swimming with the fishies.....
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector