Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Did Your Gas Prices Jump Today?
Brother in law paid 1.55 last night in Orleans Ottawa.
Paid 1.47 in Niagara Falls this morning.

Prices at the Esso I always stop at.
Wednesday Morning. 98.9
Wednesday Afternoon 113.9
Thursday Morning 103.9
Friday Morning 134.9
Friday Night 140.0
Saturday Morning 147.0

Amazing a 50cent increase in just 3 days.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Euro Ford Fan,Sep 3 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote:Paid 1.47 in Niagara Falls this morning.

Prices at the Esso I always stop at.
Wednesday Morning. 98.9
Wednesday Afternoon 113.9
Thursday Morning 103.9
Friday Morning 134.9
Friday Night 140.0
Saturday Morning 147.0

Amazing a 50cent increase in just 3 days.
[right][snapback]138672[/snapback][/right]
you went to the wrong place, its all 1.34 on Mcleod road
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Filled up today Old Superstore Dewdney and Albert 103.3 Booyah
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I haven't even used 1/4 tank since last Wed before the mass insanity really started. 82KMs and counting since last fill.

Of course, I've considered it mass insanity that we were paying over 90 cents/L to begin with. At least I got to move to the house FOR FREE! BOOYAH! :lol:

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The world as we know it is starting to change.....imagine now $2tre is closer tan $1 a liter was a few years ago.......with over 0.40 raise in gas price in just a few days the $2ter is NOT that far away!

I think as soon as gas hits $2ter i'll be taking the GO train even if it takes an extra 1 1/2 hours, the savings will definetly be there.
hardk0re,Sep 3 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:The world as we know it is starting to change.....imagine now $2tre is closer tan $1 a liter was a few years ago.......with over 0.40 raise in gas price in just a few days the $2ter is NOT that far away!

I think as soon as gas hits $2ter i'll be taking the GO train even if it takes an extra 1 1/2 hours, the savings will definetly be there.
[right][snapback]138774[/snapback][/right]
Lot's of people will be doing alot of public transit when that happens. which hopefully will be a good thing for one reason, Supply and demand, that SHOULD I say should bring gas prices down if a LOT of people stopped buying gas. My hopes/dreams anyways.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
133.9 last time I saw it in Burlytown...
Hahahahah...128.5/L by my house in teh country....

DEALS EVERYWHERE I TELLS YEH!! :rolleyes:
Someone start a new website: Bitch and Whine about Gas Prices.

BTW you can lock your gas caps, but that won't stop me from drilling the cheap gas out of the bottom of your little gas tank. :P
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
The tech for new fuels is out there, but theres too much money in oil to bring out those techs for a few more decades. The thing that pissed me off is that when I got in line for gas the other night at like 1.20, as I got closer to the pump they were changing the prices, at one stage it was 1.25, then 1.22, then 1.19 all I could do was curse lol it ended up being 1.23.
Still cheaper than public transit for me. Work is 3km away and I have free parking at Yonge & St. Clair. I have the option of walking, bicycle or transit* too. Any work related inter city travel like Hamilton is $.042/km. Right now driving is cheaper and I don't stink by the time I get to work.

I haven't had to buy gas for either car since camping a week ago and at pre-hurricane prices. Wanna bet prices drop after what is usually "the biggest road travel weekend of the year"

You 905'ers may think you are saving money living where you do but people like darkpuppet and I are laughing at you. I figure if I lived at my mom's old house in Mississauga I'd spend an extra $500/month in gas alone not to mention wear and tear like tires. Take your monthly rent/mortgage and see how much closer to the city that gets you.

* didn't York Region start a new mass transit system this weekend?

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Sep 4 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:Still cheaper than public transit for me. Work is 3km away and I have free parking at Yonge & St. Clair. I have the option of walking, bicycle or transit* too. Any work related inter city travel like Hamilton is $.042/km. Right now driving is cheaper and I don't stink by the time I get to work.

You 905'ers may think you are saving money living where you do but people like darkpuppet and I are laughing at you. I figure if I lived at my mom's old house in Mississauga I'd spend an extra $500/month in gas alone not to mention wear and tear like tires. Take your monthly rent/mortgage and see how much closer to the city that gets you.
[right][snapback]138902[/snapback][/right]

Funny thing is, I live in Mississauga, less than 3km from work with the Focus and I can make the run in under ten minutes. If I tried doing it by public transit though that ten minute trip would turn into a 40 minute one because of the spectacularly piss-poor connections on Mississauga Transit (and that's assuning I don't break my ankle or blow out my knee on the non-lowered floor buses that Mississauga transit still runs <_<)

I like where I live thanks, a minute from Square One by car and less than 5 from the 403 :lol:

NefCanuck
Mississauga Transit :rolleyes: I remember those days, big part of the reason I packed up and left.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Sep 5 2005, 01:03 PM Wrote:Mississauga Transit :rolleyes: I remember those days, big part of the reason I packed up and left.
[right][snapback]139054[/snapback][/right]

and they still insist on shutting down the majority of their Sunday service @ 11pm. They must figure all the good little boys & girls will be in bed, just like Grandma Hazel wants them to be <_<

NefCanuck
Well, North Bay and Sudbury now have the highest prices for fuel in Ontario.

Ontario Gas Prices

God this sucks...
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
prices are going down here in windsor
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
prices were dropping overnite, it was reported as low as 1.12 today.. from 1.22 last nite. not bat eh?
My other ride is your Mom
It's still disgusting... paying more than 80-85 cents/L is disgusting, and 85 itself is still bad.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
1.05 here in the west end of Ottawa!

Why the hell did I fill up at 1.21 a couple nights ago. $57 to fill my car is just crazy!!!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims