Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruise To FR12 thread... Discuss!!
So, for the cruise down to FR12, here is where all of our discussions will take place, for those taking different routes from other areas such as Ottawa, and the group traveling down from the GTA.

Now for starters we don't want to all have to drive to much out of our way to make this happen, obviously gas prices are through the roof these days and the less expensive Canadian gas that we have to use, the better.

What I am proposing as an idea, is for everyone to meet at Casablanca and the QEW on the service road.

[Image: meetingspot.jpg]

At this location we can get our last tims coffee's, bathroom break, gas for those who have not filled up yet and gives us a decent amount of space depending on how many travelers we end up with. For those in the GTA, you can meet down here on your own, or meet at our normal meet spot on Dixie at staples/timmies and cruise down to meet the rest.

Throw out any thoughts, questions or comments, i will update first post as time continues with travel details, directions, places to get gas en-route and have this entire thing planned out to its full extent.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Things to bring, and things not to bring!

- DO NOT bring alcohol (it is cheap stateside so save an extra 20$ for it)
- Only bring smokes that have a duty paid sticker on them (no Indian reserve bag smokes unless you have a status card)
- Bring your Passport
- Clothes for the time away
- Tools if needed ( I will be bringing some basic tools down with me )
- Your Focus
- MONEY! get USD before leaving
- Parts, if you have any parts somebody may be interested in. post up on FJ in FR section when time comes to advertise and find buyers before bringing them
- Don't bring contraband, any drug paraphernalia at all. You will be denied border crossing and sent home (if you need your fix down there, find somebody south of the border to hook you up!)
- If available, RADIO'S!
- GPS or directions in case you get lost from the group!

At the end of the day, no body is going to baby sit you. If you get lost, you need to be able to get back on track, whether it be by cell phone, radio etc.. Sh!t happens and sometimes get separated from the group. communicate and watch out for your self. From the looks we will have anywhere from 5-10 cars driving down. On top of that, behave accordingly to the rules of the road, we don't want any tickets either!

For those wanting to use their cell phones, get an American calling package which costs you less to talk. Otherwise be prepared for a large bill when you return.

That is all Smile
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Sounds good Captain Jamie lol Big Grin

I"ll lead the GTA crew to meet you guys there and then you can lead us out.

Are we going to run 2-Ways?
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Also can people post up where you will be meeting up.
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Most likely leaving from Ottawa.

If I end up being the lone car, I'll make a trip out of visiting Tdot then joining up.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
what bridge are you guys crossing??
We will be crossing at Fort Erie from the QEW and going right into buffalo (peace bridge i think)

ya peace bridge
if you guys care there is a timmys in fort erie 2min. from the bridge and duty free

exit thompson rd to garrison get your last tims / bathroom break before hitting the bridge as you may encounter traffic on the bridge as the bridge is hit and miss either nothing or an hour.

there is also a wendys next door there is also an esso and pioneer with in eye shot of the tims

Tim Hortons‎
200 Garrison Rd
Fort Erie, ON L2A 5S6

for the boys requiring 94 stations close to the highway prior to the boarder
6876 Thorold Stone Road
Niagara Falls, Ontario
L2J 1B4

7950 Mcleod Rd
Niagara Falls, Ontario
L2E 6S5

179 Welland Ave
St Catharines, Ontario
L2R 2P1
So I was just looking at the possible routes that we could take and seeing if there were any servie stations off the path just in case s**t happens...

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=455+S+S...ls&t=m&z=8

Google gives me 3 routes from the Service Station on 455 South Service Road.

Are we going to take the main path they give and stay on the main hwys and risk running into traffic or take the non main path on the sub hwys.

Just a thought...

the path you have highlighted is an awesome route i ran it a few weeks ago when i went down to Lancaster PA for parts. nice scenic mountains you rub in the valley most of the way 105speed limit 90% of the route and sunoco gas stations along the way
most of the roads were 3 lanes
(03-11-2012, 02:14 PM)PEGASIX Wrote: the path you have highlighted is an awesome route i ran it a few weeks ago when i went down to Lancaster PA for parts. nice scenic mountains you rub in the valley most of the way 105speed limit 90% of the route and sunoco gas stations along the way
most of the roads were 3 lanes

Sounds good.
Thanks.

meeting at "the gateway" is prime for me couldnt be better
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
IIRC i took option 3, NY-16 and US-15S down last year. Was a scenic drive through the rolling hills in NY. Wasnt a ton of gas, but the station i got to was a sunoco and still had 1/4 tank and was not to far from carlisle at the time.

I went by my GPS tho, just followed it all the way down. Took me about 7 hours including half hour at border and that is from Cambridge.

i could be mistaken tho.... i do remember some interstate driving

I'm assuming there will be a couple stops to get out and stretch the legs. It not fun driving long distance with bad knees lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
way i went, about half way there was a rest stop on the side of the road with bathrooms etc.. so you could stretch out and go for a walk or whatever your fancy is. Aside from that, just getting gas and some food would be the only other stop really, its only 7 hours total so you figure no more then 3 hours at a time in the car

Cool. What tons is the meet up taking place
Instagram @o_so_slo
Ya I like the way the 3rd option looks. I love the senic views and to just relax. This isn't a race and none of us need to be towed to a county impound lot lol

Ya deff don't feel like losing my car after spending the cash for paint lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
(03-13-2012, 09:26 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: Ya deff don't feel like losing my car after spending the cash for paint lol

True dat. Maaco wants $1200 to paint the front and rear. Ya right...TongueDodgy

Lol mine was a lil more for whole car with bodywork
Instagram @o_so_slo
(03-13-2012, 09:41 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: Lol mine was a lil more for whole car with bodywork

Ya your gonna have to spill the beans about how much one day. That $1200 includes 15 hours of labour some how...

Anyway Who is going to have some safety equipment and tools if someone breaks down or has a flat tire. I know I'll have most stuff but I don't want to be the only one that does lol. Ya know...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official FR12 Focuscanada.net Discussion thread GFXjamie 89 50,209 06-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Scorcher000
  Official FR12 Attendance thread darkpuppet 14 11,224 02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Last Post: stupica1