Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Various Site Changes And Major Update Coming Soon
a quick progress update...

I've resolved a technology issue on the new site with a little help from their sysadmins... so things left on the plate:

- look and feel for forums and front pages
- user synchronization between the forum software and the content management software to allow for blogging, comments, and community driven articles.
- widgets and gadgets to customize your front page with

Now, I'd normally consider look and feel as well as the user synchronization as "must-haves" for rollout, but curious if anyone thinks differently.

I'd love to move to the new site sooner, but unfortunately, these more basic coding things require a bit more time... still hoping for an early-late April release, but realistically, I should probably aim for May or June.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

As much as I like the "touchy feely" stuff to look nice etc. I would much rather have a stable site that works first and then work on the pretty things after that.

I'm on a few boards that have all the OMGWTFBBQ! things you could ever think of, but half of them don't work as intended :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 17 2010, 10:19 AM Wrote:As much as I like the "touchy feely" stuff to look nice etc.  I would much rather have a stable site that works first and then work on the pretty things after that. 

I'm on a few boards that have all the OMGWTFBBQ! things you could ever think of, but half of them don't work as intended :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]303497[/snapback][/right]

Well, that's the difference with the approach of moving Fc.net to new software.

It will remain a forum first and foremost -- and maintain a lot of similarities to this one. Nne of the functionality that's added will affect the forum, only add to the front-end

Ie... I could just as easily switch over tomorrow, and you'll be able to post as usual, but you won't be able to comment or affect any of the content on the front page.

Once the user synch is sorted out, you'll be able to post to the front page (ie, submit photos and articles for inclusion to the front page).. blog, article, photogallery, etc.

The hope is to provide a forum that can also provide it's users with a desktop for all their ford focus/car related needs...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Sounds very interesting, can't wait to see it in action.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Site Update ZX3TUNR 0 939 01-14-2004, 02:28 AM
Last Post: ZX3TUNR
  Please Read, Site Update ZX3TUNR 7 2,469 12-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Last Post: microbunny