Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Going To Be One Of Those Days....
darkpuppet,Apr 13 2006, 12:09 PM Wrote:another riddle.. what do you do when you have 1 hour before it's time to get up and you feel wide awake even though you've only slept 3 hours?

I tend to stare at the clock, blink, and next thing you know, the alarm is going off and I'm dead tired...

wings -- for sure... I just have to escape from here.

p.s.  Paul, I did record the whole of BT this morning... just gotta transfer it.
[right][snapback]181038[/snapback][/right]

Oh god does that sound familar. Especially if I'm dreading something that's supposed to happen that day (You shoulda seen me last Friday the day I got my eyes lasered, I think I slept maybe 4 hours and that was only because I'd drank myself into a stupor the night before :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
looks like I'm flying solo tonight.... :( .. might as well go work out :shrug:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

King of Kancel strikes again eh?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Apr 13 2006, 06:13 PM Wrote:King of Kancel strikes again eh?
[right][snapback]181116[/snapback][/right]

his job is probably even more demanding of time than mine... he hasn't officially cancelled yet :D
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

meford4u,Apr 13 2006, 08:27 AM Wrote:Oh, OAC Sparky.  Don't ruin my fun.  It was a great display of "screw you" to the company by the bretheren in skilled trades.  I haven't seen work like that in years.
[right][snapback]180944[/snapback][/right]
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I always work in a safe and steady tradesmanlike manner, despite what panic mode management may find themselves in.

If you don't, you may find yourself short staffed for an important impending launch.

So to speak. ;)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Here's what I learned happened last night.

Wednesday at approx. 10 am something major broke in Prime (paint) It had something to do with the line. So of course, they had to wait for clearance and a confined space order. 4 hours later they started, but at the end of their shift, the company asked them to work overtime. Nope.
So now a second confined space is ordered for the new crew. 4 hours later, the new crew started working, but in a different area than the first crew becuase they didn't have time to share information between shifts. This happened again when the afteroon shift left and midnights came in. Same scenerio, no to overtime, won't work this weekend, another order for confined space came in at 5 am. Long and short. We got paid to do SFA all night.

And for those of you who don't understand why we have the battle royal at work, Ford is taking away work from the skilled trades and reducing manpower that is very neccesary for us to run. This was a classic example. They have taken away all their overtime and are starting to sub out jobs in the plant to companies that have no clue. We had a guy walk into a booth this week from STATE with a 12' ladder that was still electrified. He was damn lucky.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.