Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something New
Crazirich,Mar 31 2006, 12:33 PM Wrote:What kind of LED's do you buy.. I see some have a resistor that needs to be soldered in... can you do this without? and if not what type resistor do you need
[right][snapback]178246[/snapback][/right]

I didn't Solder in anything, everything you see there is from Europe and it's all direct install there is no changing of anything just plug it in and it works. if anyone is looking for LED's in the buttons like mine there is a few options for you out there.

To buy one directly from the UK is anywhere from $2 CAD ~ $70 usually shipping is cheap on this max $20 CAD, and this is on e-Bay.co.uk

Two buttons in Blue LEDs - with out A/C

Standard Buttons in Blue LED's

Same button cluster as mine in all blue - Ghia buttons

Stock Non LED Ghia buttons similar to mine in green.

If you want to do it yourself there is options out there too like these kits, you can even get the radio kit for LEDs.

LED Kit of 25

LED kit of 10

Or Better yet check out people on there that sell them all the time, I bught a few Items off this guy this is his current listings, but keep in mind the headlight swtiches he sells are RHD and will not fit into our LHD dashes.

Seller: Lezmond

Seller : Crazy LED's - this is who I got my button cluster off of

Seller: Lynn Bonnes - got the clock from this person.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I would say dont paint it, and I would go so far as getting a new gauge surround piece unpainted to match.. The bright yellow doesnt really go with the subtle euro theme. And the yellow pieces look sort of out of place with a non-painted stereo bezel.

But everything looks good, that's a great mod.
Frost__2001,Mar 30 2006, 07:41 PM Wrote:the other button is for the front windshield defrost, why Ford would not make this an option for Canada is beyond me....... it's called the " Quick Clear Windscreen " in the UK, it more or less is the same type of windshiled out of a Jaguar that has little clear warming things running thru the windshield to heat it up fast, similar to having the defrost bars in our rear windows.

I have been told having this option will clear your windshield in about 1 minute with moisture on there and about 2" of snow in under 2, and auto shuts off after 5 minutes.
[right][snapback]178127[/snapback][/right]

The problem with that feature is that it plays havoc with certain types of radio signals (Completely screws up an ETR 407 transponder for example) but yeah it would have been nice to have as an option...

NefCanuck
Frost__2001,Mar 30 2006, 07:41 PM Wrote:the other button is for the front windshield defrost, why Ford would not make this an option for Canada is beyond me....... it's called the " Quick Clear Windscreen " in the UK, it more or less is the same type of windshiled out of a Jaguar that has little clear warming things running thru the windshield to heat it up fast, similar to having the defrost bars in our rear windows.

I have been told having this option will clear your windshield in about 1 minute with moisture on there and about 2" of snow in under 2, and auto shuts off after 5 minutes.
[right][snapback]178127[/snapback][/right]

Now just buy adding those buttons does it give you that feature?

or is that funtion require a different Hvac + wiring?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Hey Frost, since you know your way around the language and all (I think it's German????), can you help me out if we wanted to get that same bezel that you bought?

I really like it, and I think Aaron will too.

How expensive was it after shipping taxes duty etc to your door?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Apr 1 2006, 12:09 PM Wrote:Hey Frost, since you know your way around the language and all (I think it's German????), can you help me out if we wanted to get that same bezel that you bought?

I really like it, and I think Aaron will too.

How expensive was it after shipping taxes duty etc to your door?
[right][snapback]178469[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I can help anyone that wants to get one they are a little hard to get in what you want, ( ie. wood grain, black wood grain, silver, black ) It really all depends on what is listed on e-Bay.de and what is available and if the seller is willing to ship overseas, but I can help people look for them, this silver one I got for 49.50 Euros or about $65 CAD with the shipping included, and because this seller I bought from only took bank transfers it took an extra 5 days to process the payment, and the added bank fee of $35 on top of the payment etc..... there was no duties to pay when I recieved it.

Anyone who it is wanting to look for one I will be glad to help them look as the best place to look is e-Bay Germany, but as its e-bay auction or any auction site for that matter it really depends on how much you are willing to spend to get it. I almost got a Ghia dark wood bezel but someone out bid me on it at the last minute, and it took me a few weeks to find the one I got and it has some damage to it. I just got it as I out took the risk to bid $100 euros at the last 2 minutes of the auction, and it paid off as no one else would bit on it.

Another option would be to ask Mitch to see if he can import one from Mexico or Europe, I don't know if he has any but it's worth the try.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
SL8RZZX3,Apr 1 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:Now just buy adding those buttons does it give you that feature?

or is that funtion require a different Hvac + wiring?

No it dose not hook up this feature on your stock American Focus, but is gives you that button if your going for the euro look like I am, but to do this it requries a European Ghia windshield and all the wiring to hook it up, more or less it would involved alot of work and wiring.....
nass,Mar 31 2006, 09:32 AM Wrote:yup I am wanting to try the same, but I will do it all at the same time I swap my gauge face in which I still need to pick up :)
[right][snapback]178185[/snapback][/right]
Geez man, you still want these? They were collecting dust in the garage so I sold them. Let me know where I should send the money.

Happy belated April 1st - give me your g/f's address and I'll give her the package.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *