Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will I Need For The House?
scoobasteve,Mar 28 2006, 05:42 PM Wrote:haha, i allready said keggerator!

beat ya to it!!!!!

SKEET SKEET SKEET
[right][snapback]177565[/snapback][/right]

"thats not a beer gut, thats a fuel tank for a sex machine!"

what about the dogs nate?? dog houses, poop and scoop???
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR THE GARAGE.........

A HOIST,

oh yeah and a wheel balancer, sand blaster, drill press, welder, fridge for the garage too. And so on and so forth........
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 28 2006, 02:42 PM Wrote:THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR THE GARAGE.........

A HOIST,

oh yeah and a wheel balancer, sand blaster, drill press, welder, fridge for the garage too.  And so on and so forth........
[right][snapback]177581[/snapback][/right]

:lol: A hoist...I wish!

Drill press is already there, I have about 5 different sanders, a welder is on my nice to have list, and the beer fridge has been covered for teh garage.

Dogs wouldnt use a dog house, its funny actually....We've always had dogs in our family.....never had a dog house....but they do stay mostly indoors anyways.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Paintball markers... for less-than-lethal privacy enforcement.

Actually, the one thing we found we really lacked and wanted badly was decent art for the walls. You tend to gain a boatload (better check with 2001ZTS on the amount) of wallspace that looks positively annoying without art all over it.

Just one big print later, the living room looks much better.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Are you planning on sleeping on the floor....old bed just wont cut it in a new house.
When I moved into my place I found that groceries were a great thing too. But no matter what you plan on now you had best plan on gas because you will have to make a ton of trips to Wal-Mart, Home Depot and all other stores because you will realize you have missed stuf or something just won't cut it anymore. Pictures being a big one and may I suggest a mirror or two that is well placed. They will do wonders for making your place look bigger and more inviting to guests.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
Nos is right. Art is a good call. Gotta fill up all the plain space everywhere.

and a night light! i used to kit my cat in the head by accident for sleeping on the floor in front of the bathroom, becuase it was too dark

Now that i think of it, i shouldnt have got the light, he deserved that kick everynight.

How many bedrooms/ bathrooms, maybe you gotta stock up on new towels and bedding and general stuff like that?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Hey Flo

First of congrats on the house, one mistake we did once we bought our first place two years ago was to buy everything we needed within the first week we got there. Something’s are better to wait for, wait for good sales and stuff like that.

We bought all of our stuff from Homeshow and we didn’t have to pay for it the first year, but I tell you. Having to come up with 30K to pay for the stuff in the second year was a bit harsh. So try to get things one at a time and don't rush into things.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Mar 28 2006, 03:57 PM Wrote:Hey Flo

First of congrats on the house, one mistake we did once we bought our first place two years ago was to buy everything we needed within the first week we got there. Something’s are better to wait for, wait for good sales and stuff like that.

We bought all of our stuff from Homeshow and we didn’t have to pay for it the first year, but I tell you. Having to come up with 30K to pay for the stuff in the second year was a bit harsh. So try to get things one at a time and don't rush into things.
[right][snapback]177618[/snapback][/right]

Very good advie that Im already following. I like deals, and will shop for them.

New bed, check, got it for christmas. I have lots of paintings from my mom, so those will go up (she'd kick my ass if I didnt put up her own art anyways :lol: )
This thread went to the dogs.... Like the site. :lol:
Plain and simple. Money.

Everything can wait until you move in. If you have food in the fridge, TP in the bathroom and soap and a towel, everything else will come into place. Just remember it takes time and you don't need everything at once.

Slow and steady.

Enjoy.

And BTW holy s*** that was fast. I think I bought before you and I am not in until July 07.

I am assuming you have enough movers at hand since you hadn't asked for help. Yet.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
- #1 Absolute: 2' Level
- Drywall anchors (with screws) for hanging shelves and pictures and blinds, etc.
- Hose reel for the hose mentioned above. (don't get the self-winders, I did, it's a waste of water)
- A few lamps.
- Garbage bags.
- Floor broom.
- Tube of clear silicone caulking and caulking gun
- Receptacle and switch insulators (draft-stoppers) Put them in now on all external walls, before you cover them up with furniture.

That's all I can think of for now.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Congratulations and good luck with the move.

Other things to consider:

A fresh air filter in the furnace (get a good one, they're worth it - electronic if you've got allergies)

Ducts cleaned - lots of crap finds its way there during construction (some builders, Mattamy for example, now include duct cleaning just prior to delivery)

Electronic programmable thermostat

Furnace-mounted humidifier - a lot of builders don't put them in. IMO don't bother with the Home Depot DIY ones, get a commercial grade one.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
meford4u,Mar 28 2006, 05:28 PM Wrote:And BTW holy s*** that was fast.  I think I bought before you and I am not in until July 07.

I am assuming you have enough movers at hand since you hadn't asked for help.  Yet.
[right][snapback]177634[/snapback][/right]

Its the last house on the street to be built so thats why its going up so quick, they need to finsish the lawns of the other houses, and want to do it in 1 shot when mine is done. I've got pics of my 1st walls...pretty boring though. lol

And yes....plenty of help for movers, all my stuff from my old house is at my parents, and like was mentioned there 5 minutes away so it should be a short and sweet move.
scoobasteve,Mar 28 2006, 05:13 PM Wrote:A shotgun to shoot kids stepping on your lawn :ph34r:
[right][snapback]177559[/snapback][/right]

need a rocking chair with that shotgun.

congrats on the purchase, you might want to add a 2 or 3 weeks on to that date. you know constuction right.
'03 Focus SVT
Toilet Paper and Duct Tape, now you're set.