Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riddle Me This?
I still think here
http://www.infocoches.com/fotos/ford/200...T/2/34369/

and on this same website it looks like they have it in LHD. WOOT. 100k 50k for the car and the other 50k buy bunny a hooker or something :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
microbunny,Mar 9 2006, 10:05 PM Wrote:Okay....

The reason I ask is because I have a 2006 Chevy Corvette Z06 in my bay at work and it got me thinkin...this car is a 7.0L V8 puttin' down 505hp, and the sticker price on the window is $100,381

What do you guys think...is this car a steal for 100G's?, a slight bargain?, or is it still just a chevrolet?

For $100,000, if you where in that price bracket...why would you get a corvette ZO6 over a benz, audi, ferrari,....etc...
[right][snapback]174265[/snapback][/right]

The Corvette to my mind has also been about exotic car performance at less than exotic car prices. Put it up against its intended competitors and it comes off looking pretty good. The car isn't without its flaws however (absymal build quality being a biggie) and if it was my $100K I'd be thinking long and hard about the cars both that are direct competitors and the cars that are less expensive than the Vette that can hang with it, or in some rare cases beat it.

NefCanuck
I'd take a 05 Z06 for a fraction of that sticker, hop it up on goofballs, and repave North Bay in a single week. With my tires. With cash left over for more tires. Booyah!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
[Image: Range-Rover-Sport-2006-115.jpg]

thats what id get
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I wouldn't spend it on a car.

But your point, is along the lines if you had wads of cash, what would be your ride at $100g's?

Easy.

Lexus SC430

Love that car and it's refinements.

Now all of you go boo me
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I don't know why you're all hating on the vette. Who gives a s*** if it's a chevy. It's a damn fine/fast/fun car. It has a history too it's just not one of those new supercars that's just come out. You're VERY hard pressed to find a car that is straight from the factory that can touch what a Z06 can do for the same price.

cheapest supercar out there and if it wasn't that great then it wouldn't be in the same category as the other supercars.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I would get the new Lotus Elise and I would take all of your cars HAHAHA take that $100.000 505hp Corvette come get me lol.

:P
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
100k...

hmmmm, buy a focus, put the V8 mod on it....and the rest goes for tickets and gas... :P :D :blink:
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I love the Vette. My father has an 02 convertable and that car is beautifull. I would say best car in its price range. Too bad its out of my price range.

For 100K I would put 50K into my 98 Camaro Z28, and 50K into finishing my V8 93 Ranger project. And keep my PZEV Focus as a stock daily driver.
Z06 is an alright car, for the 100K i'd go with a classic corvette maybe a '58 or a '67 Stingray.
'03 Focus SVT
Phantom,Mar 9 2006, 08:50 PM Wrote:Import the focus ST from europe, and pay off the bastard at sgi to let me register the damn thing. Or Convince ford with money slapped in their face to build it LHD so I can register it in canada :D.
[right][snapback]174280[/snapback][/right]

Wouldn't be SGI that would be your hassle. The moment the car hit the seaport, it would be impounded for not being from either the US, or over 15 years old.

As for the RHD thing, just buy it out of any European country OTHER than the UK.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
Tiketz,Mar 10 2006, 09:58 PM Wrote:I would get the new Lotus Elise and I would take all of your cars HAHAHA take that $100.000 505hp Corvette come get me lol.

:P
[right][snapback]174478[/snapback][/right]

Its why I said the Exige. Take the Elise, and supercharge it! Whee!
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
I would get a Red F-550 super duty crew cab long box dully to haul my other dream vehicle that my father already has; which is a 1957 chevy BellAir STREET Machine. (it would be the identical paint colur as the truck) I have wanted those two vehicles since I was about 8yrs.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
i'll take svtdeans car .. $100k should be his asking price ;)

[Image: svtdean.jpg]
Below Average Car Club
schade,Mar 14 2006, 12:09 AM Wrote:i'll take svtdeans car .. $100k should be his asking price ;)

[Image: svtdean.jpg]
[right][snapback]174735[/snapback][/right]

I bet that car is really fast.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Doesn't it come with unique sloots?

Slots?

You know... the things on the hood that make the car look... appealing?!??! :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
nass,Mar 14 2006, 03:11 AM Wrote:I bet that car is really fast.
[right][snapback]174766[/snapback][/right]

I dont think we are even sure if it runs.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
nass,Mar 14 2006, 03:11 AM Wrote:I bet that car is really fast.
[right][snapback]174766[/snapback][/right]

Haven't you heard that the huge screen in the dash adds 50Hp :P
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

if you look at what the vette is capable of doing it is in a catagory of cars tha are generally alot more money.....but I would suggest that the build quality may not be up to the German or Italian levels as yet. So if you look at it from a relationship of performance to build quality ratio, you are probably getting close to the money to Quality ratio as well....if you no what I mean.

you get what you pay for sort of thing....

The Audi RS4 should be about 93k fully dressed....plus taxes.....vette killer in quality and damn close to killing it in performance........plus you can take your kids with you.
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges