Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lemon Focus
zx4_ses,Mar 2 2006, 07:13 PM Wrote:i am not completely sure, it was one touch when i bought the car, it does work as a one touch once in a blue moon, most often it doesn't.  :)

Anyways, since i am really close to 60k 59869 or smth like that i've decided to drop it off at the dealer and get the bloody thing fixed. Described the problem - would close as a 1 touch, etc. They've called me 4 hours later saying they cannot duplicate the problem, wtf? Asked the advisor if the car is in the shop ,because usually it is acting up on warm days - she said yes. So in their words the cars has warmed up. I leave my house get to the dealership - its seating right where i left it, didn' t even move!!! They are trying to tell me to take it back , the work order will be open for a little while, so if it acts up - drive by and let us see it. My actions? Hopped in, the pulled it right in front of the service dept. called she shop foreman and showed him my problem. He was really nice about everytning, said that he has never seen anything like it before and that was it! why cant ford do things the easy way? :angry:
[right][snapback]173120[/snapback][/right]

Sorry to hear of your problems. The wife's 04 ZTW has been quite reliable.
Where are you located and what dealership have you been going to?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Mar 5 2006, 11:33 AM Wrote:Sorry to hear of your problems.  The wife's 04 ZTW has been quite reliable.
Where are you located and what dealership have you been going to?
[right][snapback]173419[/snapback][/right]

Live in North York, tried several of them (dealerships) east court has been the best so far, no doubt about that.
zx4_ses,Mar 2 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:I am so unhappy with my focus... this is unbeleavable  :(  i've got an '05 zx4 ses with atx, 60k on it, yes, i drive a lot :)  all the things that are going wring with the car are driving me insane! Both front wheel bearings, cv shafts-right one was replaced twice, sway links and sway bar bushings, sun roof when it goes in the up position - suppose to close with one touch of a button - well it doesn't, sqeaks and rattles - lets not even touch that. Rough idle - iac valve replaced the problem is back again, throttle body cleaned, induction service done. I am up to date on all my services and regular maintenance, always done at the dealer. Now, my final drive gear is making a whining noise - so i need a tranny :o  wtf ? I just had transmission valve body replaced because i had rough shifts up/down 3rd gear, coil pack cracked-replaced... i just don't know was i lucky enough to buy a lemon? any of you guys have similar problems? Btw, most of the mileage is highway driving - commuting to school/work, i am not even hard on the car, anyways to make the long story short i am just pissed.
[right][snapback]172998[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like it was either a Monday morning made car, or a Friday Afternoon made car
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Mar 5 2006, 03:20 PM Wrote:
zx4_ses,Mar 2 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:I am so unhappy with my focus... this is unbeleavable  :(  i've got an '05 zx4 ses with atx, 60k on it, yes, i drive a lot :)  all the things that are going wring with the car are driving me insane! Both front wheel bearings, cv shafts-right one was replaced twice, sway links and sway bar bushings, sun roof when it goes in the up position - suppose to close with one touch of a button - well it doesn't, sqeaks and rattles - lets not even touch that. Rough idle - iac valve replaced the problem is back again, throttle body cleaned, induction service done. I am up to date on all my services and regular maintenance, always done at the dealer. Now, my final drive gear is making a whining noise - so i need a tranny :o  wtf ? I just had transmission valve body replaced because i had rough shifts up/down 3rd gear, coil pack cracked-replaced... i just don't know was i lucky enough to buy a lemon? any of you guys have similar problems? Btw, most of the mileage is highway driving - commuting to school/work, i am not even hard on the car, anyways to make the long story short i am just pissed.
[right][snapback]172998[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like it was either a Monday morning made car, or a Friday Afternoon made car
[right][snapback]173440[/snapback][/right]

That myth is just that, a myth. Having worked in almost every area of the plant, you have to think like a worker wanting to get out on a Friday. They are highly motivated to get the job done, especially if there is a rumour floating around that they only need XXX number of vehicles and were done for the day. That means work hard with little problems and line stoppages and we get out early.

If I were to say what day is the worst, it's Wednesday. Not Thursday because that's payday. Wednesday your in hump day mode and the first guy you want to fawk over is your boss.
Avoid hump day :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
good luck with the Focus.

I just lost a resovoir of brake fluid, thats about my only concern since i have bought the car.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
^^ you know, that must of been kinda cool actually working in a plant. Mind you i had nightmares, of the only job i'm good enough for would be putting the cigarette lighter in the hole. (this was before the military was even an option mind you)

I would of like to work for Saturn myself. Even wrote to them, but i lived in Montreal at the time, and thier closet plant was like in Ontario somewhere..daily drive from hell. LOL
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Mar 5 2006, 04:41 PM Wrote:^^ you know, that must of been kinda cool actually working in a plant.  [right][snapback]173447[/snapback][/right]
I still remember the first job I ever had at Ford. When I worked at Essex Engine I was putting oil rail spacers on pistons in the Piston and Rod department; a really fast-paced job at the time (you had to do 6 pistons every 15 seconds to keep up -- faster if you want to get ahead).

I was so stressed out (you're under your ninety days) that I would be dreaming that I was on the line ... nightmares actually ... when my wife tried to wake me up I told her to "Fawk off, I'm on relief" :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
hey i'm sorry you have a lot of problems with your new vehicle. perhaps you can get the dealer to buy it back or something?