Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant About The Toronto Auto Show
There is nothing good about the autoshow anymore. I dont think i'll be going anymore to Toronto auto show. I would rather drive a lil bit and get to Detroit. At least there is some new concept cars there.

According to some paper there are only two international autoshows in North America. One is detroit and the other is toronto. Toronto gets about 300000 ppl visiting and detroit gets over 1.5 mil ppl visiting during the show. BC of that all the concept cars go to detroit instead of toronto. I think this year toronto had like two concept cars, one was the Mazda Zunka? something and i think there was one from Dodge. The rest of the cars i had seen on the streets before. Why should i wait to go to an autoshow when the cars are acutally out at the dealers before that.

Anyways, Rich, your job i think it should be to orgenize a drive(bus load of ppl ) to Detroit auto show and get us some cheap tickets as well as some hotel room :)

or we can all try to go to Frankfurt autoshow next year, but no more toronto for me

Lates Mo
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I didnt go this year.....but the last 2 years before I did go.

I have the same to say. Disapointment fer sure.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I find any autoshow to be better when I'm seriously in the market for a new car.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
the show blew this year.

The Camero concept was the highlight.
LOL...Mo, it could be arranged B) I used to do Detroit tickets too...so imagine me hopping across the border just for the goods.

I'm into the NEW cars and concepts, so Detroit is always a draw. Plus, living down there for a bit makes you realize how a gearhead like me can get lost.

The Toronto show isn't THAT bad, but although it's billed as a truly international show recognized by whatever that body is, it's nothing compared to Detroit, Frankfurt, or the other stages. Sad really, because it's a reminder that Canada isn't really on the map for auto stuff. There's usually some other show in the US at the same time. So, that show gets some of the concepts we all hear about but don't see. The worst part for me was seeing the GT cutaway and instantly knowing that's the one they used LAST year in Detroit. Mazda's rotary display has been in use since 2002. I could go on and on, but you can definitely tell the budgets aren't here.

The one GOOD thing about the show is you don't have many idiotic salespeople around. A lot of those staffers at the show come from Georgian as well.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
I agree will everybody it SUCKED!!!

:angry2:

It was :lame:
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
It was worse than last year thats for sure. Did anyone see the Suzuki concept that looked like a shoe. It was a van that looked like a Nike. Ribbed sides and everything. A highlite for me was sitting in a Lotus Elise. Last years show was much better. More cars and better displays.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
This was the first show i've been to, and I wasn't overly impressed... but it was a pretty good experience. I saw some sweet rides, many I recognized with some features i've never seen before, and some entirely different and unusual rides that probaly won't hit the market (eg. a "GM" car).

Or SUV cross over type...

[Image: IMG_8046Small.jpg]

The Fusion display was really cool with the waterfall around it, and seeing the Edge in person was sweet!

Some other pics I took:

[Image: IMG_8089Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8086Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8079Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8051Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8049Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8048Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8032Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8017Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8003Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8002Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7994Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7993Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7988Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7981Small.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7975Small.jpg]
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I think i'm gona wait for the Edge to come out and trade my focus for it, and fiancee will be getting an escape this year after the wedding.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I'll admit it too I was dissapointed with the auto show this year too, it was more of the same to me, but I'll admit a few cars did catch my attention for a few minutes, such as the teal mazda 6 hatch, and the Focus SE sedan with the front bumper not matching in colour as the rest of the car, some of the tunner cars were ok, but I did find some useful places in the show case area in the roger's centre for getting my curbed rims fixed, and powder coated.

But all in all it was a bit of a let down, forsure I'll check out Detroit next year though.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I didn't go as I promised.

THE VENUE SUCKS more than anything else. Three buildings connected by stairs escalators and inflatable walkways, SUPER DUPER GHEY. As a Torontonian I find it embarassing.

If they can cram more than a thousand boats into the National Trade Centre at the ex they can damn well fit a couple hundred cars.

The Boat Show sure as hell doesn't suffer any attendance problems by being where it is.

It's almost as if Ford was in charge of the auto show. :rolleyes:

I will not be going next year either.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toronto Auto Show Tickets...last Call Jan 31st GapBoyPCS 31 7,997 02-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Last Post: euro_zx5