Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modded Monitor
I was skeptical, but this little mod turned out rather good...

check it out.

from this

[Image: 22309_75.jpg]

to this..

[Image: 31.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Now THAT is sweet. And, it would be a perfect match for my case.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Now THAT is Ghey.
Hmmm now that I know these monitors can be disassembled with relative ease, maybe the project i had about mounting the lcd right to the computer case may happen.

Hmmm back to the drawing board. :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
ANTHONYD,Feb 13 2006, 09:52 AM Wrote:Now THAT is Ghey.
[right][snapback]170063[/snapback][/right]

iMacs monitors are iGhey.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
ANTHONYD,Feb 13 2006, 08:52 AM Wrote:Now THAT is Ghey.
[right][snapback]170063[/snapback][/right]

Says the guy that uses a Mac. :fag: :throwup:

*puts on flame-proof suit*

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Very Mac-like... that's true nos!

I like the look, but the red leds do it no justice. I'd make them white, orange... or blue.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I saw lexan like that the other day in a store display. If memory serves, and I spent like 10 minutes examining the enclosure... there WASN'T ANY LEDs. It's the way the acrylic is made, I believe.

Of course, this is different and LEDs come into play.

NOS2Go4Me,Feb 13 2006, 09:21 AM Wrote:I saw lexan like that the other day in a store display. If memory serves, and I spent like 10 minutes examining the enclosure... there WASN'T ANY LEDs. It's the way the acrylic is made, I believe.

Of course, this is different and LEDs come into play.
[right][snapback]170070[/snapback][/right]

yeah, they make plastics that have a flourescent die that transmits light to the edges of the plastic in 2 dimensions... pretty neat stuff, but not very cheap.

Whether people like it or not (not much my style personally), doesn't matter as long as you enjoy it. However, I have to give you credit for the execution of your project. It's clean. Well done.
sorry, check the link, it's not my mod... I don't have time for that kind of stuff...

"I was skeptical, but this little mod turned out rather good..."

That's what made me think you did it. :mellow:
Pretty cool, wish I had time to mess with stuff like that :P Allot of guys spend big bucks to go and buy a monitor that looks cool, at least this guy saw something constructive to do with his time......

Everybody needs a hobby :P
hardk0re,Feb 13 2006, 11:36 AM Wrote:Everybody needs a hobby :P
[right][snapback]170084[/snapback][/right]

He's probably saying the same with us and our fiberglassin' :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
gotta respect anyone that takes something and makes it better or more to suit their needs. That guy did an awesome job with that mod even if you don't like the end result you HAVE to say to yourself that it's still a nice clean end product.

2 thumbs up from me :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Looks pretty sweet. If i had an lcd i'd do that for sure.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Oscar The Grouch,Feb 13 2006, 09:53 AM Wrote:Hmmm now that I know these monitors can be disassembled with relative ease, maybe the project i had about mounting the lcd right to the computer case may happen.

Hmmm back to the drawing board. :D
[right][snapback]170064[/snapback][/right]

course its very easy to do! Lots of people disassemble the frame and mount them in the craziest places. Even our very own SVT Dean showed me the one he took appart that is now located in his passenger dash.
My other ride is your Mom