Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Drove A Svt
No max for me...

something threw me off the day i before i went to pick up the car. so i asked them to put it on a hoist.

Lots of front end parts = replaced... so we came to the conclusion that it was in an accident. I then asked for my money back.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Feb 9 2006, 10:56 AM Wrote:No max for me...

something threw me off the day i before i went to pick up the car.  so i asked them to put it on a hoist.

Lots of front end parts = replaced... so we came to the conclusion that it was in an accident. I then asked for my money back.
[right][snapback]169353[/snapback][/right]

Wow :blink: lucky you caught that before the deal was done.

Things like that are why I think the system they have in BC for vehicle registration is better, if the car is in an accident and the damages exceed a certain threshold ($3K I think) that information has to be put on the car's title.

If Ontario did that, we'd see a lot of junk off our roads and we'd all be safer...

NefCanuck
Nah, this is Ontario... just like hardly no-one off the boat actually writes and passes their driver's exam, we'd have a lot more doctored paperwork for the junk vehicles, complete with VIN swaps and everything else.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2006, 11:22 AM Wrote:Nah, this is Ontario... just like hardly no-one off the boat actually writes and passes their driver's exam, we'd have a lot more doctored paperwork for the junk vehicles, complete with VIN swaps and everything else.
[right][snapback]169373[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but the difference being that what you're suggesting is criminal activity and can in fact result in charges and means to get restitution.

The situation right now in Ontario is "Caveat Emptor - Buyer beware" and that's wrong.

NefCanuck
Nicely Put Nef...
05 Altima SE-R
SVT ZX3,Feb 9 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2006, 08:44 AM Wrote:A good point was raised about the fact the SVT Focus was the only SVT vehicle in recent memory to NOT get forced induction...... [right][snapback]169322[/snapback][/right]

How quickly you forget the 2001 Cobra, produced ONLY 1 year before the 2002 SVTF, which did not get forced induction either.
[right][snapback]169329[/snapback][/right]
Neiter did the contour it was NA, just like the Cobra R, heck if we worried, it didnt even get a special moniker, like Cobra or lightning! They didnt put boost in the Focus (which was part of the original concept) because it would have outrun the Cobra by a mile (estimated close to 300hp) on the track when combined with the handling charecteristics of the car. How you would you feel owning a cobra getting outrun by a focus that cost $20k less.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
NoiSeeVT,Feb 9 2006, 02:59 PM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Feb 9 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2006, 08:44 AM Wrote:A good point was raised about the fact the SVT Focus was the only SVT vehicle in recent memory to NOT get forced induction...... [right][snapback]169322[/snapback][/right]

How quickly you forget the 2001 Cobra, produced ONLY 1 year before the 2002 SVTF, which did not get forced induction either.
[right][snapback]169329[/snapback][/right]
Neiter did the contour it was NA, just like the Cobra R, heck if we worried, it didnt even get a special moniker, like Cobra or lightning! They didnt put boost in the Focus (which was part of the original concept) because it would have outrun the Cobra by a mile (estimated close to 300hp) on the track when combined with the handling charecteristics of the car. How you would you feel owning a cobra getting outrun by a focus that cost $20k less.

David
[right][snapback]169426[/snapback][/right]

The guy in the focus would feel GREAT! ;) B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NefCanuck,Feb 9 2006, 12:17 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2006, 11:22 AM Wrote:Nah, this is Ontario... just like hardly no-one off the boat actually writes and passes their driver's exam, we'd have a lot more doctored paperwork for the junk vehicles, complete with VIN swaps and everything else.

Yeah but the difference being that what you're suggesting is criminal activity and can in fact result in charges and means to get restitution.

The situation right now in Ontario is "Caveat Emptor - Buyer beware" and that's wrong.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]169392[/snapback][/right]

You're right, but it'll just go from one flavour of wrong to another... that's my point.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2006, 02:30 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 9 2006, 12:17 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]169392[/snapback][/right]

You're right, but it'll just go from one flavour of wrong to another... that's my point.
[right][snapback]169439[/snapback][/right]

Do you honestly think that ontario is the only place where people falsify documents. to get licences and such?

what nef was saying makes complete sense to me... where as in ontario... buying a car is Caveat Emptor. Somethings wrong with the car. the car was in an accident etc... oh well. Not really enforcable

If people are switching vin #'s etc. they get caught. thats fraud... which is enforcable and punishable.
05 Altima SE-R
No, but I guarantee you that Ontario has the highest percentage of falsified drivers' licenses approved per capita.

We're the entire world's dumping ground for immigrants that can't speak french and/or have no will to work. The french-speaking ones with no will to work start out in Quebec and ultimately end up in Ontario once they realize where Temiskaming Shores is.

Nah, this is Ontario... just like hardly no-one off the boat actually writes and passes their driver's exam, we'd have a lot more doctored paperwork for the junk vehicles, complete with VIN swaps and everything else.

THAT was my point... putting some onus of that type on owners would only hurt/hamper the honest ones. It'll have no effect on the dishonest ones, just like obtaining your license and truck driver's license in Ontario now... and DriveClean. What a joke.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd were done with the SVT test drive! :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]