Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Drove A Svt
meford4u,Feb 9 2006, 09:39 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 7 2006, 08:36 AM Wrote:The whole premis of the SVT was a fackin' joke.

10k extra for bigger air box and a little lower suspension.

Meanwhile EVERY other car maker is building a better product all around us.

What;s wrong with a FI SVT focus out of the box???
[right][snapback]168833[/snapback][/right]

Seems to me that we have changed your opinion then. 2 days ago you wouldn't have bought one for 10k more.

That's the issue here. You think were bashing you. Were fighting against your opinion.

Problem is that it keeps changing.
[right][snapback]169264[/snapback][/right]

I never said I wouldn't have bought one... I would have made the same disision the rest of the SVT owners did. (had they been available at the time)

Weather I would have bought one or not is not the case... the fact that they wanted and idiotic amount of money for a few measly upgrades is plain as day.
It may sound as if i'm trying to justify my purchase... but you cant really call the difference between a SVT and ZX3 a few measly upgrades.

theres alot of little things done to the car, that would cost loads of money if you were to do it aftermarket.

and for those lucky enough to get the car under sticker price. it was a pretty good deal.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
meford4u,Feb 9 2006, 08:39 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 7 2006, 08:36 AM Wrote:The whole premis of the SVT was a fackin' joke.

10k extra for bigger air box and a little lower suspension.

Meanwhile EVERY other car maker is building a better product all around us.

What;s wrong with a FI SVT focus out of the box???
[right][snapback]168833[/snapback][/right]

Seems to me that we have changed your opinion then. 2 days ago you wouldn't have bought one for 10k more.

That's the issue here. You think were bashing you. Were fighting against your opinion.

Problem is that it keeps changing.
[right][snapback]169264[/snapback][/right]

he said he would have bought it, didn't say it was worth it.

Is my focus worth the $50,000 thrown at it? not really... do I still own it? um, yeah...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

scoobasteve,Feb 9 2006, 09:49 AM Wrote:It may sound as if i'm trying to justify my purchase... but you cant really call the difference between a SVT and ZX3 a few measly upgrades.

theres alot of little things done to the car, that would cost loads of money if you were to do it aftermarket.

and for those lucky enough to get the car under sticker price. it was a pretty good deal.
[right][snapback]169275[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I'm missing the picture then.... Having never owned one.
Haha, with that said, i still regret buying one :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
The fact that you bought that car and still had the amount of problems you would have with a regular Focus.

in the famous words of the narrator from Hammie the Hamster....

That's another story.
He never said he would have bought it Steve. And I doubt he would have according to his point that the " SVT was a fackin' joke."

The fact that you or I or anybody else has thrown excess amounts of $$ at their car is not the argument here.

The point is that the member asked about buying an SVT and pricing and Anthony took it upon himself to descredit the car when many of us believe the car was a worthwhile purchase over and above the standard Focus.

And after looking over what Anthony sees as a few measly upgrades, I have to disagree with him and tell him he is wrong. I know what aftermarket parts cost for this car and the parts that came with the SVT are far greater than the inflated 10k more you could pay for the car.

But maybe Anthony your just upset that you paid full price for your sedan?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2006, 08:58 AM Wrote:The fact that you bought that car and still had the amount of problems you would have with a regular Focus.

in the famous words of the narrator from Hammie the Hamster....

That's another story.
[right][snapback]169286[/snapback][/right]

The car still isnt as bad as the service i've recieved from ford dealerships.
05 Altima SE-R
meford4u,Feb 9 2006, 09:59 AM Wrote:He never said he would have bought it Steve.  And I doubt he would have according to his point that the " SVT was a fackin' joke."

The fact that you or I or anybody else has thrown excess amounts of $$ at their car is not the argument here.

The point is that the member asked about buying an SVT and pricing and Anthony took it upon himself to descredit the car when many of us believe the car was a worthwhile purchase over and above the standard Focus.

And after looking over what Anthony sees as a few measly upgrades, I have to disagree with him and tell him he is wrong.  I know what aftermarket parts cost for this car and the parts that came with the SVT are far greater than the inflated 10k more you could pay for the car.

[right][snapback]169287[/snapback][/right]

I may have put my 2 cents in where they were not welcomed.... You win.
I lose.

I'm entitled to my opinions right or wrong...same way you are.

peace.
We should sticky this :P

It comes up often enuff to do it. :rolleyes:

When I went to buyout my focus last november, the salemen tried his darndest to get me into an SVT on the lot.

I told him to drive my car, then we can see if he still wants to try :lol:

BUT, I've driven a few SVT-F's, and the fit & finish on them is amazing compared to the reg ZX3. They feel much more solid than my beast, and I would like to think my ride is pretty solid, but it wouldn't compare to the ride of the SVT. I agree with Anthony, the 27K, or 29K price tag attached to it, was unjustified, but most that got it at 22k and under got sweet deals. I paid 21K for mine when it was brand new in early 00, with a WW Spoiler and skirt packege, 17" Team Dynamic Wheels, Borla Exhaust & Eibach prokit springs. If the SVT was there and I could have gotten it for the same price, fer sure I would have picked the SVT over my ride. hands down.

And I would be 100whp ahead of the boosted zx3's to!! :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2006, 09:04 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 9 2006, 09:59 AM Wrote:He never said he would have bought it Steve.  And I doubt he would have according to his point that the " SVT was a fackin' joke."

And after looking over what Anthony sees as a few measly upgrades, I have to disagree with him and tell him he is wrong.  I know what aftermarket parts cost for this car and the parts that came with the SVT are far greater than the inflated 10k more you could pay for the car.

I lose.

peace.
[right][snapback]169293[/snapback][/right]

Your also entilted to here this old saying..............If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Or be ready to back up your opinion.

And I think this is a good place to let dead dogs lie.

Look at you calling the kettle black....

If I had a dollar for every nasty thing you said on this board... I'd buy YOU an SVT!
:lol:

Hatchet buried.
Hes got you there meford. :P :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2006, 09:10 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 9 2006, 10:09 AM Wrote:

I lose.

peace.

Your also entilted to here this old saying..............If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

[right][snapback]169299[/snapback][/right]

If I had a dollar for every nasty thing you said on this board... I'd buy YOU an SVT!

Hatchet buried.
[right][snapback]169300[/snapback][/right]

I am ready to argue my opinion anytime anyplace with hopefully factual evidence.

I never said I was a saint.

And you said you were done!

Your arguments against the SVT are purely defamatory and speculative at best. We are arguing the facts and your opinion of a car that we enjoy. That's the point. It would be nice if you would stick to the point and not veer off about my past tiraids on this board.

Stating that the SVT was a fackin joke was not the brightest thing to do and you had to expect some heat for that.

Here's the heat

meford4u,Feb 9 2006, 10:15 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2006, 09:10 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 9 2006, 10:09 AM Wrote:

I lose.

peace.

[right][snapback]169299[/snapback][/right]

Hatchet buried.
[right][snapback]169300[/snapback][/right]

I am ready to argue my opinion anytime anyplace with hopefully factual evidence.

I never said I was a saint.

And you said you were done!

Your arguments against the SVT are purely defamatory and speculative at best. We are arguing the facts and your opinion of a car that we enjoy. That's the point. It would be nice if you would stick to the point and not veer off about my past tiraids on this board.

Stating that the SVT was a fackin joke was not the brightest thing to do and you had to expect some heat for that.

Here's the heat
[right][snapback]169303[/snapback][/right]

okay..okay..
jeeze.
The irony of YOU telling me to keep my mouth shut if I didn;t have anything nice to say was just too much for me to let go.

My appologies.

:unsure: :lol:
SVTs are stock handling monsters. They DID get the ivory shaft as far as power goes. Innovation? It shares an induction technology with the SPI. Nuff said.

170 crank HP is nice. Paying 15gs more than a SPI sedan (at the time) for 60 more HP wasn't as nice.

A good point was raised about the fact the SVT Focus was the only SVT vehicle in recent memory to NOT get forced induction (even as an expensive and overly self-indulgent option). Then, SVT started taking shots to the ribs when SVT supercharger kits were being offered through the FRPP catalog. Big boost upgrades too.

I love the wheels and the suspension. You can keep the sunroof, leather on the seats, and all the other crap that doesn't belong in a performance vehicle. It's SVT - Special Vehicles Team, not Special Vanity Team.

Those are the people that designed the Ford Ranger Splash and that Volvo you can't open the hood on.

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 9 2006, 08:44 AM Wrote:A good point was raised about the fact the SVT Focus was the only SVT vehicle in recent memory to NOT get forced induction...... [right][snapback]169322[/snapback][/right]

How quickly you forget the 2001 Cobra, produced ONLY 1 year before the 2002 SVTF, which did not get forced induction either.
ANTHONYD,Feb 8 2006, 03:02 PM Wrote:All valid points.

however, buying ab SVT today is nothing more than buying "just another Focus"

nothin' special...sorry.
[right][snapback]169164[/snapback][/right]

Something like buying an Altima SE-R? Whats the point right? It hardly has any more performance than the SEL version. Why not just get a regular Altima? Its just another Altima, just like the one your 65 year old neighbour can have, nothing special there right? Except for some factory upgrades that you could probably never duplicate for the MSRP of the car. But whats the point????

*Just IMHO*
I'd buy an SER... but i also bought a svt focus...

and i'd buy an SVT cobra... i guess that makes me a tool

hahaha
05 Altima SE-R
Steve, wheres the pics of your new Max? And sorry I haven't gotten back you on the shorty antenna yet, check your PM's.