Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpine Type E Subs
Well that deal for the Type R's fell through. Actually...they are pretty much pulverized. The guy I was gonna buy them off of basically skipped teh break in period and cooked the crap outta them. I want to replace my jensens with something with a little more punch cuz well....the jensens are crap.

I was looking at the Alpine Type E. they are priced reasonably and are right within the 2ohm RMS power rating that my amp puts out so I was thinking that these might give me that krunk in the trunk I am looking for. Anyone out there in focusland pumpin these. Feedback would be good.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Go type S... theyre much better subs. for the 20 or 30 extra dollars theyre worth it.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
thraxxx...don't do it!! IF you want a good deal on subs...Alpine to be exact, come down to sudbury and check out Bianco's, they've always got a deal going on subs..usually alpine, i know they had a deal not 2 long ago for 2 12" type R's in a ported box for something like 600$...lemme know if you wanna go that way, i can check a price out for you and save you a trip..plus i know a few of the guys that work there and can most likely swing you a deal
well my friend here in town has the two type e's in his car. They sound pretty good on his Ebay special 1200watt legacy amp. I decided to bite and get the 2 type e's. I loaded them up today to my KAC 929 and I am actually impressed. They aren't that bad. Sure the type S and type r are better however I am not looking for anything that excessive. Like I said, the type e was a decent price (paid 150 for both) and there combined RMS runs directly inline with what my amp puts out RMS wise. I tuned them today and they are pretty sweet. I am happy with my purchase. The loudness is no where near my transam's setup...but its good for the winter beater.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
i dont think alpines are woth the money, ive got 2 rockford 10's and my buddy has one alpine type r 12, and we metered our cars and i was just as loud as he was...but thats my opinion
[img]http://www.focuscanada.net/images/fc_logo_black.gif[img]
ZTS_DJ,Feb 23 2006, 02:18 AM Wrote:i dont think alpines are woth the money, ive got 2 rockford 10's and my buddy has one alpine type r 12, and we metered our cars and i was just as loud as he was...but thats my opinion
[right][snapback]171829[/snapback][/right]

Go with the Type R. The type E alpine subs sound like trash after 6 months. Ive had my R for just under a year now and ill put dollars on the line that its much louder then 2 Rocks*** 10"s
2000 ZX3
Alpine=waste of money
With the Type E's it's basically the old saying, you get what you pay for. They are bottom end, I would suggest upgrading if you want to keep em for a long time.
ill put down money that my 12 type-x is louder than your type-r :D
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
02_svt_guy,Aug 2 2006, 08:37 AM Wrote:ill put down money that my 12 type-x is louder than your type-r :D
[right][snapback]200429[/snapback][/right]

Ow yea. That may be so but Ive still got a 15" type S comp sitting in the basement. No amp to power it though... and Im not sure I even wanna use it lol
2000 ZX3
type-s comp whats the rms/peak on that puppy?
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
how can they possibly sound good on a Legacy amp? Thats not even possible. If you want Alpines buy Type R at least. As for Alpine VS Rockford on a meter. wow. SPL don't mean s***. I bet the Alpines sound better! Rockford is sooo crap these days. back in the oldskool days... differant story. new RF is junk.

Jake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help And Wtb, 12" Alpine Type R ZX3TUNR 10 2,813 10-18-2004, 04:38 AM
Last Post: ZX3TUNR