Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Focus Is Back On The Road!
darkpuppet,Feb 1 2006, 09:31 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 31 2006, 09:31 PM Wrote:Tuning and Dyno time.

And then beat the fat man who owns this site in a  race.

There is no love
[right][snapback]167798[/snapback][/right]

by that time, my car will be 30lbs lighter (driver modifications) and better tuned than it was before... and with better rubber....

and the aeordynamic drag of your wide body should offset my whaletail...

has your car ever seen over 140lbs of torque? :P
[right][snapback]167863[/snapback][/right]

If the boy drives the car, the weight load will be significantly reduced.

And since it's his car, I promised him I would teach him how to actually heel/toe drive this year.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 1 2006, 10:28 AM Wrote:Park the focus and get a newer summer car.

Not sure what to get tho.  Thinking of a Mustang, Maxima, WRXSTI, or maybe a Focus ST or Fusion.
[right][snapback]167879[/snapback][/right]

Honestly, I love the focus and whatnot, but if I were to pick a 'ford platform', and appreciating depreciation, I'd get the Mazda equivalents.

focus = mazda 3
fusion = mazda 6
turbo'd fusion = mazdaspeed 6 <--- see what I'm getting at?? woot woot!

did I mention the mazdaspeed 6 should pump out 275HP and 280lb-ft of torque?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Thats what the GF wants....the mazda 6....but she dont want a wagon. I want a wagon!!! :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
darkpuppet,Feb 1 2006, 12:15 PM Wrote:turbo'd fusion = mazdaspeed 6  <--- see what I'm getting at??  woot woot!

did I mention the mazdaspeed 6 should pump out 275HP and 280lb-ft of torque?
[right][snapback]167902[/snapback][/right]

OHHHH never thought of that one. Well, if it has good legroom and headroom, it'll be a good contender.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
meford4u,Feb 1 2006, 11:07 AM Wrote:If the boy drives the car, the weight load will be significantly reduced.

And since it's his car, I promised him I would teach him how to actually heel/toe drive this year.
[right][snapback]167900[/snapback][/right]

what kind of toe-heeling shifting? the one described by playboy magazine*, or the real version?

I may never be able to heel-toe.. I pronate with my right foot.. it's made clipping out of bike pedals a bitch, and doesn't feel any better trying to toe-heel... I'll have to get wider pedals and go for the flat-foot-stomp downshift.

sidenote alert:
my buddy picked up a civic and complained to me that everytime he pushed the clutch in and the brakes, is right foot would always tap the gas pedal and it was annoying.

I had to inform him that he was accidentally toe-heeling... he thought the proper way to downshift was to let the clutch out only....

* True story... in one of Anthony's mags last camping trip, pb had explained toe-heel shifting, calling it double clutching, and getting neither right. proof once again that there's nothing worth reading in those mags

* True story... in one of Anthony's mags last camping trip, pb had explained toe-heel shifting, calling it double clutching, and getting neither right. proof once again that there's nothing worth reading in those mags

nice try to hide this crap wonderboy.

Just get your jumpsuit on and be ready for a beatin!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Dibs on winnar!!! :P :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Feb 1 2006, 11:40 AM Wrote:Dibs on winnar!!!  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]167914[/snapback][/right]

Can we just skip ahead and give you the gold star?

I know when I'm outta my league.. you should go pick on some SRT-4's

darkpuppet,Feb 1 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 1 2006, 11:07 AM Wrote:If the boy drives the car, the weight load will be significantly reduced.

[right][snapback]167900[/snapback][/right]

what kind of toe-heeling shifting? the one described by playboy magazine*, or the real version?

I may never be able to heel-toe.. I pronate with my right foot.. it's made clipping out of bike pedals a bitch, and doesn't feel any better trying to toe-heel... I'll have to get wider pedals and go for the flat-foot-stomp downshift.

sidenote alert:
my buddy picked up a civic and complained to me that everytime he pushed the clutch in and the brakes, is right foot would always tap the gas pedal and it was annoying.

I had to inform him that he was accidentally toe-heeling... he thought the proper way to downshift was to let the clutch out only....

[right][snapback]167908[/snapback][/right]

I have been heel and toe downshifting for the last 28 years. The only way I could do it properly in the focus was to replace the stock puny pedals with aftermarket pedals. The FC TB also helped, in that it makes easier to blip the throttle. I love the sound of a perfectly executed 2 gear heel and toe downshift braking into the apex of a corner and then immediatlely power on in the right gear out of the corner. *music to the ears* :D
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
well me my car is on the road all year round, and other then the facelift project being near completion, all I'll be doing is re-adding the front lip as I'm now 95% complete, but gotta wait till the warm weather is here.

EDIT: check out the Focus on Apperance to see the new updated pics
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.