Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now That's Bass
Yeah, like Anthony said... I have enough bass for now till I move to a new amp. Done.

Burnin21's car is an example of silly bass, but it's still tolerable. Well done if nothing else.

But THAT? That's the Jackhammer joke from ICE taken WAY too seriously.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
euro_zx5,Feb 1 2006, 12:33 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 31 2006, 11:08 PM Wrote:That's insane... and the car is actually driven with the bass turned up like that?  The driver must be deafer than a granite wall <_<

Loved the shaking door handle and bouncing windshield wiper though :D

'course my cell phone's vibrate function is stong enough to vibrate the door on my Focus if I leave it in the drink holder in the drivers door so :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]167817[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I highly doubt that. If you take an 05's door panel off, the amount of foam insulation is incredible. That's one thing I love about my car. Focus', regardless of year are pretty damn well insulated.
[right][snapback]167822[/snapback][/right]

Come to the next meet and I'll prove it, the door will hum & vibrate like it knows the words to the tune my cell is belting out as it's ringing :lol:

NefCanuck
what :blink:
2002 Sonic Blue SVTF
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
BASELINE @ WHP 157, TQ 144ftlbs
[Image: nightpics(custom2).jpg]
Quote:It's an old car, with a woofer that makes up nearly 10% of it's weight....  if it moves enough air to get even one piece of the car shaking, that rattle can go anywhere it wants.  Shocks and springs weren't designed to handle vibration coming from inside the car.  (it's like how shaking your knee in the car and cause the whole car to sway).

[right][snapback]167839[/snapback][/right]

The reality is the sub is not like you shaking your car, the sub pressurizes the and depressurizes the cabin. The sub is bult based on its own suspension system, if that was the case the box would bounce up and down too! If you stop the bass everything stops moving with it, if you shake the car it wont stop immeadiatley. . Thats what breaks the windows not the car shaking. Try it, watch your mirror with bass up what happens when you pause the cdIve been at competitions with cars pulling 160-170 and they do not bounce up and down. Something is funny with that vid or the car is so bad a breeze would blow it over.
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
NoiSeeVT,Feb 2 2006, 05:27 PM Wrote:The reality is the sub is not like you shaking your car, the sub pressurizes the and depressurizes the cabin. The sub is bult based on its own suspension system, if that was the case the box would bounce up and down too! If you stop the bass everything stops moving with it, if you shake the car it wont stop immeadiatley.  .  Thats what breaks the windows not the car shaking.  Try it, watch your mirror with bass up what happens when you pause the cdIve been at competitions with cars pulling 160-170 and they do not bounce up and down.  Something is funny with that vid or the car is so bad a breeze would blow it over.
[right][snapback]168148[/snapback][/right]

If there's enough airflow to make the hatch bounce, there's enough vibration moving throughout the car to shake it. The difference between cars you've seen at competitions and this one is that the cars in the competitions were done right. While this one is just a beater with a big woofer.

I've been in enough bass-heavy beaters to see them get shaken appart by the subs. Hell, my old truck would leave it's sillouette in rust on the ground if the volume was turned up for any extended period of time.

The vibration seen in the wheels is from the sub vibrating the whole car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!