Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Question
ZTWsquared,Jan 26 2006, 07:00 PM Wrote:It's not a huge ticket, but don't forget home insurance.
[right][snapback]167156[/snapback][/right]

Yep already working on that one Kristin's Uncle is a broker so he is taking care of us. Looks like I can save almost $300 a year by switching to him!

He said it was because they look at owning a home as a sign of responsibility making me less of a risk!

HA HAHA Yeah Right!! :lol:
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
I'll just chime in here on the subject of fixed rate contracts.

Frankly the only way that a fixed rate contract ever works out for you is if you're buying a hell of a lot of gas over the term & unforseen price spikes occur.

I'm on the board of directors for my condo now and we're set to negotiate our gas purchases for the next three years as part of a purchasing group headed by our property mangement firm (Brookfield Property Management) the fixed rate we had for a good portion of our purchases was excellent on a m^3 basis but when the group finally exhausted the set price amount we got nailed by having to buy on the spot market (How does 40cents/m^3 grab you for a recent post hurricane season purchase? <_< )

NefCanuck
Locked in $0.31 per cubic meter through Direct Energy. On an equal billing plan of $118 per month for the year = no big bills in the winter and if I use less I get that credited after the 12 months are up. I was credited $19 this year! :o
We have two children under the age of two so I can't keep it nice and cold and wear my winter indoor clothes like I did when I was a kid.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Sorry, was off on the gas bill... mine is $118 per month too :o My monthly withdrawal notice came in yesterday afternoon.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
We live in a brand new [1 year old] house which is 1600 sq feet. [2700 including the basement] and we have 20' ceilings in the living room due to the loft

our gas bill is $25 in the summer and $140 in the winter. we keep the house at 22c in the winter and use a programmable thermostat. I put the house at 18 while we sleep[11pm- 7am], and 17 while we are at work[8:30am-4:45pm]. our water heater is gas.

hydro is constant @ $80/mo no air conditioning
Water is $23/mo
water tank rental is $20/mo

I was on equal billing for heat at my last house......never again will i do that. nor will i get a fixed rate plan.
after looking over all these prices, it doesn't make living in a condo seem soo bad ... kinda puts those condo fees in check

very good information here though
Below Average Car Club

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home Audio Question guilty 13 3,423 05-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Last Post: nass
  Another Home Question CanadaSVT 0 895 01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CanadaSVT