Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***updated: Install Pics***parts Came In!
looks good man!
glad everything worked out well.

as for the loudness, the best suggestion i can make is check out magnaflow.com > sport compacts > cat converters

the following part#s are for high flow cat that will fit in the first section of the exhaust after the the flex....

Mirror finish SS high flow Cats:
2.25" 54305
2.5" 54306

standard universal cats:
2.25" 53005
2.5" 53006

all of these cats are very reasonably priced.
all of these cats will reduce the pitch and tone of the exhaust note
all of these cats will fit and most any decent muffler shop will be able to cut and weld one in for a reasonable price.

nass,Jan 26 2006, 04:13 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Jan 26 2006, 09:05 PM Wrote:[Image: IMG_1420.jpg]

ok quick off topic question.. did they change the accel/cruise control cable throughout the years cause mine is routed totally different and I've noticed that everyone else's is shorter than mine :blink:

here is a pic for reference:

[Image: CIMG1425.jpg]
[right][snapback]167132[/snapback][/right]

I think thats the difference in the 00-02.5 and 02.5-04 .. or maybe just the sedans vs hatches?
Below Average Car Club
nass,Jan 26 2006, 09:45 PM Wrote:man I think it took my 3 hours alone to get that bastard EGR bung off I didn't have anything that would grab and turn it before hitting something :(
[right][snapback]167179[/snapback][/right]

Mine wouldn't come off! Luckily the SVT header kit I got included a new revised EGR tube. I was able to bend the old EGR tube enough to lift the original header out with the EGR tube still connected. I also needed the special O2 sensor socket to remove the sensor beside the flange.

BTW nass, your engine looks too clean. <_< It almost looks like you photochopped in a clean cam cover, battery cover, and intake tube.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
have I seen that intake before, hey man its been a while, I see that you are still modding the s*** out of your car good to see.
laidman,Jan 28 2006, 08:55 AM Wrote:have I seen that intake before, hey man its been a while, I see that you are still modding the s*** out of your car good to see.
[right][snapback]167348[/snapback][/right]
yup still going at it.

ur new one still stock??
im sure you'll hear me driving around windsor now.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
yeah still stock, :(
dBlast,Jan 28 2006, 03:29 AM Wrote:
nass,Jan 26 2006, 09:45 PM Wrote:man I think it took my 3 hours alone to get that bastard EGR bung off I didn't have anything that would grab and turn it before hitting something :(
[right][snapback]167179[/snapback][/right]

Mine wouldn't come off! Luckily the SVT header kit I got included a new revised EGR tube. I was able to bend the old EGR tube enough to lift the original header out with the EGR tube still connected. I also needed the special O2 sensor socket to remove the sensor beside the flange.

BTW nass, your engine looks too clean. <_< It almost looks like you photochopped in a clean cam cover, battery cover, and intake tube.
[right][snapback]167314[/snapback][/right]

hehe I just painted them and put it back in took a picture. It doesn't look that clean anymore :( I will get all anthonyd on that engine bay this spring.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending