Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So The Cons Have Won?
darkpuppet,Jan 24 2006, 09:07 AM Wrote:Did you read the official party platforms that were posted on this site?  Please state references that support your argument.
[right][snapback]166675[/snapback][/right]

Yeah all of them, even the ones that u didnt post from the maxist-lenisist group, progressive (PC) party of canada, and the christian herritage parties platforms as well as those of a few independant incumbents too. i can re-state my references but you still left out some key issues by not posting other parties platforms.
My other ride is your Mom
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 24 2006, 11:40 AM Wrote:It's actually funny, go to http://www.canada.com and check the full results... ALL of Alberta went PC. All of it.

Gas rebate cheques? Check. Anti-federalist rhetoric? Check.

First province to follow Harper after he beats Quebec to Canada-altering status and sells Alberta? Check.

http://www.canada.com/national/features/de...lxn_update.html

Sask wasn't far behind either, but the States already have enough land where they can watch their dogs run away for 3 days and still find them.

Actually, Harper won't sell / trade Alberta. I take that back. He'll pimp them out even more.
[right][snapback]166722[/snapback][/right]

Very true.. Strangely, here in Ontario, ALL of GTA support went for the liberals, not even one riding in the Toronto boundries went to a PC (Tory). but 2 did go to the NDP, JACK (aka the video professor) And Olivia Layton both won..
nass,Jan 24 2006, 05:51 PM Wrote:I somehow don't think he will be able to pull off the GST cut while keeping most of his promises. But promising a GST cut and then folding on that issue makes him no better than the Liberals are/were.

I don't know about you guys but I don't mind paying a high tax rate *IF* I can get basic and some not so basic medical services paid for. As it stands now we're paying more and more and getting less and less.
[right][snapback]166812[/snapback][/right]

I'd so like to see how he's going to keep this promise... so far, its cut it down to 6% in the next year, and another 1% cut in a span of 5 years.. lets see, theres some trick behind this that definately looks suspicious
paolo,Jan 24 2006, 07:09 PM Wrote:
Casper,Jan 24 2006, 01:37 AM Wrote:I wonder who the next Liberal leader will be, since Martin is stepping down?
[right][snapback]166640[/snapback][/right]

I suspect... Belinda Stronach of newmarket-aurora will be the new liberal party leader, that... or Omar Abracadabrahowindahelldoyousayhislastname of erindale-mississauga.
[right][snapback]166862[/snapback][/right]

Belinda is a good guess but my bet is on either Brian Tobin or Frank McKenna getting the nod from the party faithfull.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Going for good oll frank mckenna to take the regins, our former premier and all :D

Plus my sister in law knows him personally, nice guy :)
My Mom Says I'm Special
No way it'll be Belinda. I don't think anybody really trusts her, at least not yet.

Either Frank McKenna or John Manley.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tobin either. "Arrr, I'm a pirate! You scurvy Spanish scallywags, git outta arr territory!"

:D
P-51,Jan 24 2006, 10: Wrote:Yeah, he can give those tax cuts, AND spend all that new money... if he runs us into a huge deficit.  JUST like Mulroney did, just like Bush is doing now in the US.

Basically selling out our children's future so we can profit now with tax cuts and lavish spending.

That's probably exactly what he plans.  He promised all these tax cuts, he promised all this new spending.  But he *didn't* say he wouldn't run a deficit.  So that's his out.

And it'a  perfect example of how stupid the electorate can be.  You always hear people whining on the news about "I don't know who to vote for, you can't trust anyone anyway, all they do is lie."

Then they turn around and vote in the party who is CLEARLY lieing the most! 

Just like Duncecap McGuinty.
[right][snapback]166829[/snapback][/right]

This is exactly why I voted liberal. Even with the sponsorship crap, the lying, the broken promises they still ran a budget surplus every year for 8 straight years. I don't even think any other government has done this for like 2 or 3 years in a row. The way I saw it was if nothing else they were paying down the debt which once they paid it off they could "start from scratch" as a country and hopefully do things right this time. Canada has one of the lowest debts of the G7 nations.

Now with Harper he was outspending Martin while at the same time cutting more taxes it never did add up. I was watching CBC newsworld and Harper was being interviewed by Mansbridge and not only was Harper somewhat rude and cut off Peter a few times he never once did answer the questions in a straight forward and consise manner. He always side stepped the real question and added in a lil Liberal scandel and stand up for Canada bulls*** at the end. One audience member asked him if he or his party have done the math reguarding this platform ( I think that what he asked, it dealt with money anyways ) and Harper admitted that they have not done the math. But the best was this retired fellow from Alberta that is on a pension and other support. He asked Harper about the GST cut and how it will help him in his situation. Harper was quick to side step that real issue and ended up saying that there are deductions already in the income tax act or whatever that help him in his situation. Who put these income tax deductions in play? hmmm lets see the Liberals?

It's sad to see how everyone in this great country of ours can be persuaded so easily by the flash and glamour.

OMG the GST will be 5%!!!!!!!!! you got my vote! wait..... if you cut that tax where will you get the money for our social programs? oh who cares 5% GST YAA!

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Exactly. I had a quick conversation with a few here at the office about just that.

I tend to subscribe to the mantra of "think globally, vote locally". On those grounds alone, I had no reason not to re-elect our Liberal MP. We fought for and won the re-location of an election office, saw Veterans Affairs do more for our vets to give them the care they need (more of a national thing than a local thing, but he was a member of the Sub-Committee on Veterans Affairs), saw FedNor crank out cash for infrastructure for the riding, and our economy was supported by the grants needed to attract businesses to the North where they realize substantial tax breaks just for being here.

Harper's cutting tax by 1% immediately, and another 1% in another 1-2 years? That's nothing, they should have scrapped it altogether.

Nass is right... we're the only G8 country without an operating deficit, and social services and community programs have been slowly improving. That's better than having more take-home and less to support ourselves with any day of the week in my books. Healthcare needs to be fixed in this province FAST, but we have the Tories to thank for that mess as well as Dalton McCrackhead's waffling on fixing the cutting nightmare that was Mike Harris' legacy.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
paolo,Jan 24 2006, 07:12 PM Wrote:Yeah all of them, even the ones that u didnt post from the maxist-lenisist group, progressive (PC) party of canada, and the christian herritage parties platforms as well as those of a few independant incumbents too. i can re-state my references but you still left out some key issues by not posting other parties platforms.
[right][snapback]166863[/snapback][/right]

Nobody asked for any other party, and reading the marxist platform would contribute a negligible amount of insight into the parties controlling the government.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

NOS2Go4Me,Jan 25 2006, 09:59 AM Wrote:That's better than having more take-home and less to support ourselves with any day of the week in my books. Healthcare needs to be fixed in this province FAST, but we have the Tories to thank for that mess as well as Dalton McCrackhead's waffling on fixing the cutting nightmare that was Mike Harris' legacy.
[right][snapback]166937[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like you should move to China, or in all of your wisdom vote NDP!

The Conservatives won, get over it. The only reason the Canadian economy has been doing any good is not because of the Liberals, but becuase of what the previous Conservatives did before getting the boot in '93.

Maybe you are too young to remember the situation we were in with the Liberals before Mulroney took over. There were no jobs and mortgage rates were at 22%.

Let's give Harper a chance and see if he can stop the rising interest rates soon.

You guys should live here in stoney creek, in 12 years nothing has changed. This city has only built houses and other cities have built beautiful parks. nice stores. fixed their roads, cleaned up the streets. I know Italians like to conserve money, but I didnt know it could get this bad.

I voted green party by the way. Im fed up with everyone and I thought I should give these guys a chance.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
chinaman,Jan 30 2006, 08:52 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 25 2006, 09:59 AM Wrote:That's better than having more take-home and less to support ourselves with any day of the week in my books. Healthcare needs to be fixed in this province FAST, but we have the Tories to thank for that mess as well as Dalton McCrackhead's waffling on fixing the cutting nightmare that was Mike Harris' legacy.
[right][snapback]166937[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like you should move to China, or in all of your wisdom vote NDP!

The Conservatives won, get over it. The only reason the Canadian economy has been doing any good is not because of the Liberals, but becuase of what the previous Conservatives did before getting the boot in '93.

Maybe you are too young to remember the situation we were in with the Liberals before Mulroney took over. There were no jobs and mortgage rates were at 22%.

Let's give Harper a chance and see if he can stop the rising interest rates soon.
[right][snapback]167487[/snapback][/right]

If I wanted nation-wide mandatory unions and no promotions on merit with no chance of firing the incompetent ever... I'd vote NDP. My family has a standing kill order if that ever happens.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.