Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fc Political Poll
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 11 2006, 10:23 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 11 2006, 10:20 AM Wrote:Let's go back to how this started. 

Casper said  " The scandals suck, but every government does it. They were just the first to get caught. "

That was his first mistake and I tried to correct him

I said  "No one. Not any government, not even the American government has ever been accused or involved in such a taxpayers ripoff. EVER."

And now you said  "I wasn't diminishing anything about the Gomery inquiry... yet you believe I am"

And now you said "Is that clear enough for you? I'm not indemnifying the Liberals, I'm merely saying that if you think scandals and corruption are going away because you vote the Liberals out of power, you're sadly mistaken."

But the Liberals have the worst scandal record in the history of Canadian government.  Why is it so hard to get thorugh to you that, in fact, by giving them your vote, you are in fact, and I'll use your words "VILIFYING" their actions.

And the paint sniffing BS is why  you will always lose in an argument.  It comes down to personal attacks and mudslinging for you all the time.

Screw off Adam.  Your not worth aguing with as your description of weapons in space has me eluding to a picture of you watching too many Star Trek re-runs and wishing you were there.  But I think you already are.  In outer space.
[right][snapback]164494[/snapback][/right]

No, it's called sinking to YOUR level because you started on me about how it's MY party. YOU screw off, Bryan. You're a nice guy in person but you need a better hobby than antagonizing fellow members on here.
[right][snapback]164496[/snapback][/right]

Are you on drugs? I don't believe, and I read through every post of mine, that I said the Liberal party was your party. Your defending them.

You owe me an apology.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Wrong thread, same insult / intent:

They can't screw up enough here on the planet, why not reach for the stars!

And NOS, this IS your party.

Your really out there. Far out!

-------

And to try and label me as a Star Wars geek is actually original, never had that one before.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I got the impression that meford was just saying it was the party you were voting for, the possessive isn't literal or a term of endearment.

whatever party I'm voting for is my party. of course I'm not really sure which one that is at the moment.

back on topic (puhlease)...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Some information straight from the Conservative platform, sounds quite promising to me..... :)

Defence
The Conservatives would increase defence spending by $1.2 billion per year, and eventually increase that to $2 billion. Other reforms include:

Raise the number of Canadian Forces from 55,000 to 80,000
Ensure better cooperation between Canada 's intelligence and security agencies
Increase Parliament's involvement in defence policy and equipment purchases.

Crime
The Conservatives intend to combat crime through the following reforms:

Moving violent or repeat young offenders to adult court
Ending the statutory release of prisoners having served two-thirds of their sentence
Establish a nation-wide sex offender registry
Increase penalties for people convicted of using a firearm to commit a crime
Introduce consecutive sentences for multiple violent crimes
The Conservatives would also take away the voting rights of federal prisoners

Gun Registry
The Conservatives intend to replace the Gun Registry with a practical firearms control system. That system would include:

Redirecting the money from the Gun Registry to law enforcement
Develop gun-control programs including mandatory penalties for criminals who use firearms and a licensing system for firearm users

Foreign Policy
The Conservatives have said that Canadian Foreign Policy should protect our sovereignty and promote our national interests. It should emphasize democracy, human rights, and free trade. The following reforms have been promised:

Make Parliament responsible for supervising Canadian Foreign Policy and Canadian Forces
Work with NATO and the United Nations to address international security threats
Expand trade through the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
Allow low-cost generic drugs to be sold in developing countries
Begin talks with the USA about joining a North American missile-defence system

Immigration
The Conservatives have promised to work with the provinces to develop a national policy on immigrants:

Eliminate abuse of the system, but still be responsible for our fair share of refugees
Focus on immigrants who best fit into the “Canadian fabric”
Develop a new program to assess the credentials of foreign-trained professionals

Aboriginals
The Conservatives have promised the protection of aboriginal self-government through the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. They would also give aboriginals the power to raise their own revenues.

Education
The Conservatives have promised to invest in post-secondary education by making the following reforms:

Increasing the maximum loan limit for student loans
Offering grants to low-income students
Introduce Canada Learning Bonds
Increase Canada Education Savings grants and the Registered Lifelong Savings program

Article from the Toronto Sun today......

Quote:Toronto Sun
16-Jan-06

Enough excuses, Ontario

When I hear the reasons people are still considering voting Liberal, it makes me wonder why they deserve the same voting power as me.

"I don't trust Harper," they say. But you trust the Liberals?

"Better the devil you know." A lazy and ignorant brush-off.

"The Conservatives want to reopen the same-sex marriage issue. We need to move forward." By giving 12 years of Liberal inactivity on countless issues a pass?

"The Conservatives don't care if Quebec separates." And Liberals have made so much progress with Quebec relations?

"The Conservatives can't afford their campaign promises." Hogwash. Dalton McGuinty was promising everything to everyone and red Ontario bought that hook, line, and sinker.

It makes me want to scream. Please Ontario, this time let's try to prove to the rest of the country that we're not the idiots they think we are!

Anthony Nalli

(Ontario may surprise a lot of people Jan. 23)
[Image: sigsb2.jpg]

HAHA :lol:
This will cement my demonization on this board. But, I don't care.

Kim Campbell, the short-lived first woman PM ever, remarked at one point during her campaign that "an election is not the time to discuss important issues". :rolleyes:

Harper was in North Bay over the weekend, and Huntsville, and when he was pressed over whether same-sex couples would receive said sports benefits, he replied "If they're the legal guardians, they'll get the rebate". Fair enough.

However, when pressed further on the matter of same-sex marriages, he remarked that it was up to the provinces to handle the matter and he was glad he didn't have to get involved. Why am I not surprised. Good or bad, at least the Liberals didn't run away from the matter.

There are a lot of Conservative policy matters that I do agree with, but if you read the Sunday Star at all, you'll see that even Tory insiders are trying to make him as "red" as possible without alienating the people they are supported by. He has waffled many times in the last few years, and even some more recent matters have been jaw-droppers.

Have we forgotten that the man that wants to run our fair country called us a "Northern European welfare state in the truest sense of the word"? I haven't. I have a hard enough time swallowing the numbers for the dole each year, I don't need to hear that crap from someone being paid by our tax dollars.

The rabbit hole goes quite deep indeed, guys.

EDIT - are their numbers legit? Maybe not:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...d=1137328267940

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I wouldn't trust a word that rat trap of a newspaper printed. they are so Liberal red it really makes them the laughing stock of Toronto's newspapers.
The only paper to read is the Globe.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Actually the Sun surprised me with their anti "everyone but the PCs" columns. Everything I read Saturday and Sunday was a bitch-fest on the Liberals.

The Globe's a good read as well, just for the business section alone.

Bump
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
It's already been reported by people that the money the conservatives think they will need to spend on the military is totally under estimated.

Replace the gun registry? Why? Scrap the project that will cost millions and then implement another program that will cost millions, way to go harper :rolleyes:

The registry is pretty much finished spending cash like crazy, my dad already paid 50 bucks last month to renew his license, leave it be.

"Begin talks with the USA about joining a North American missile-defence system"

There is a reason not to vote for that idiot right there

"Raise the number of Canadian Forces from 55,000 to 80,000 "

Have fun with that one
My Mom Says I'm Special
the missle defense system is useless, the only way that Harper should consider it if it works. the entire system is only at a 20% success rate, i'd want to see 100% success rate.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Jan 18 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:the missle defense system is useless, the only way that Harper should consider it if it works.
IMO whether it works or not is largely irrelevant.

The missile defense system is all about transferring U.S. taxpayers money into the hands of defense contractors and other high-tech and weapons companies.

The only reason for Canada to join in is if a significant number of those dollars go to Canadian companies. And that notion is probably a non-starter in the U.S. right now.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Jan 18 2006, 06:12 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Jan 18 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:the missle defense system is useless, the only way that Harper should consider it if it works.
IMO whether it works or not is largely irrelevant.

The missile defense system is all about transferring U.S. taxpayers money into the hands of defense contractors and other high-tech and weapons companies.

The only reason for Canada to join in is if a significant number of those dollars go to Canadian companies. And that notion is probably a non-starter in the U.S. right now.
[right][snapback]165688[/snapback][/right]

do you not believe that money for a missle defense system could be used in other ways. now if the US pulls out of Iraq in the next 5 years, then i support the decision for a missle defense system. I doubt that the US will pull out of Iraq, so we don't need something that doesn't work right.
'03 Focus SVT