Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toronto Records 1st Murder Of 2006!
It's an election run. Nuff said. All news outlets are told to sensationalize the extreme good and bad so the leaders have enough to talk about for their sound bytes to get them elected.

No leader was ever elected on silence alone.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I dropped by the parental units yesterday they live at Livingstone and Locksley Ave and my dad walks around the corner and points to me the exact spot that they guy was killed at. Low and behold it's the spot right behind the old 7/11 now a Starbank convenience store that for years the neighbourhood has been complaining to the police about shady deals going on over there and the fact that there was always a guy in a car sitting there and people walking up to it and walking away. So does it surprise me that somebody got killed over there not one bit it was bound to happen.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
K_OS,Jan 3 2006, 11:27 PM Wrote:I dropped by the parental units yesterday they live at Livingstone and Locksley Ave and my dad walks around the corner and points to me the exact spot that they guy was killed at. Low and behold it's the spot right behind the old 7/11 now a Starbank convenience store that for years the neighbourhood has been complaining to the police about shady deals going on over there and the fact that there was always a guy in a car sitting there and people walking up to it and walking away. So does it surprise me that somebody got killed over there not one bit it was bound to happen.

[right][snapback]163104[/snapback][/right]

yeah and I am sure there are plenty of other similar situations such as that. Who is held accountable? certainly not the police cause they'll play the " our hands are tied " game. Maybe they are maybe they're not, but in that situation why do they not setup a hidden camera sting to prove without a reasonable doubt what was going on there and to put an end to the complaints.

it almost seems that they sit back until something big happens then react.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Jan 3 2006, 03:00 PM Wrote:correct me if I am wrong but overall the crime rate is down considerably in Toronto. Crimes involving hand guns is on the rise, but over all it is down.

This is what you get when the media has nothin else better to do than to scare everyone into action. Which is good cause it gets the attention it needs but man lets take everything in stride people were getting shot for the longest time in Toronto but only now we make a big deal about it?

why.
[right][snapback]163058[/snapback][/right]

Sorry nass but I'm gonna use a famous quote to refute the claim that the crime rate is down:

"There are lies, damn lies and statistics"

The crime rate is based on reported crimes. There are numerous crimes that people just don't bother to report anymore because the police will do SFA about 'em. Don't believe me? Ask a break and enter victim what the police reaction was, unless the perp was still there all the victim gets is a courtesy call and an occurance # to give to their insurance company? Don't have house insurance? STBY.

When it comes to homicides the attitude is "Why report/agree to be a witness?" If people do they could quite literally find themselves at risk, whether through the accused directly, or their "friends"

Society has gone into self preservation mode, sad but true...

NefCanuck
meford4u,Jan 3 2006, 07:22 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 3 2006, 01:37 PM Wrote:... but yeah, North Bay and Sask probably have a lot in common.
[right][snapback]163014[/snapback][/right]

The fact that I, nor any person with alot of common sense, will evar live there.
[right][snapback]163037[/snapback][/right]

it makes more sens.e then you think. Not as fun or entertaining, but defiently more sense.

The crime rate in Toronto is down, its just the gun violnece thats through the roof.

Its true that the shootings and such are concentrated around the drugs dealers and thugs. But when it spills into the street, on boxing day, and innocent girl gets shot. Then its everyones problem.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I had to get back to this topic has I now have driven by that spot now twice in the last couple of nights and there is a car parked in that same spot so sooner or later there will be another murder in that spot.

1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Wow.... we just got a call from his mom. Apparently we're the ones that finance his car, and she wanted to know what to do with it.

Somehow, I don't think we'll wanna repo that one.

White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring 2006 Warmest Since Records Began In 1948 Frost__2001 11 2,514 06-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Last Post: ZX5focused