Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's The Difference
yeah I second the anti-virus and possible spyware.
\
he returned it so we'll never know. Thanks for ruining our fun :(
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
meford4u,Jan 5 2006, 11:38 AM Wrote:discussion out of control now that bluetoy doesn't care anymore.

close yourself down
[right][snapback]163422[/snapback][/right]

Baninated?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I shut down all Antivirus operations. Checked with 2 different programs for spyware and trojans, scanned for viruses, defrag, only drive on cable, did all windows updates, removed all references to ANY writer software from my system including registry, cut my startup to bare bones, updated aspi, chipset, no firmware for dvd drive, mem test, windoctor, system doctor, different cable, and probably stuff I can't remeber because I am too cool to remember computer geek stuff.

In conclusion. It is certainley something that is caused by a setting. Upgrading windows might have fixed it but that wouldn't tell me why it was pooched and that is more important than the actual drive working.

All good advice. I don't have the patience anymore. If it wasn't for the 69.99 I'd have smasjed the drive and driven over it with the truck for satisfaction.

New system will have 2 dvd drives already installed and working.

Darkpuppet, I did not do a fresh install only wrote windows over itself. I realize that might not do anything but I wasn't going to do a fresh install and do a restore from DVD of all my files... Oh wait the F*^&@!*( DVD didn't work so i couldn't make a backup. I am sure there was a way to do it but I am far too cool to know what it is. ;)

Again Thanks to Nos, Nass, Euro, Darkpuppet for your help and Casper for rubbing it in that his works and mine doesn't.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair ;)

Hope the new system does well for you man. Let us know if you want suggestions on components or pointers to pre-built deals.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
It's always the loose nut behind the wheel. :rolleyes:
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word