Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking Dell? Think Again.
XPS Review

HardOCP rates the Dell XPS desktop as a 4/10.

Dell sucks!!!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 16 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:XPS Review

HardOCP rates the Dell XPS desktop as a 4/10.

Dell sucks!!!
[right][snapback]161304[/snapback][/right]
no s**t
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
[Image: IMG_6356.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6355.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6352.jpg]

I guess I should clean out my storage room
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
^^ holy geez, what are you doing? a illegal, black market dell ring?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I'd get a dell, or an IBM, or a gateway etc... but NEVER EVER EVER as my main box. Only as a distributed computing box or something.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
They're great for businesses, especially with the option for the Complete Care warranty. You could punt it, snap the HSF and CPU out of the socket... and it's covered by warranty. Same for their laptops.

Also, their Precision workstations haul ass, although they get damn toasty.

For gamers? No self-respecting gamer with a lick of knowledge buys a Dell for that. I think Kyle got bored and decided to pick a fight. We all know (we being computer geeks) that Intel has had its tail soundly whipped by AMD for gaming for quite some time now.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
FociPhil,Dec 16 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:^^ holy geez, what are you doing? a illegal, black market dell ring?
[right][snapback]161324[/snapback][/right]

why,are you interested :)
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
^-- I'd take a few if they were cheap enough. Though I'm out of power in my apartment (seriously)
nass,Dec 16 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Dec 16 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:^^ holy geez, what are you doing? a illegal, black market dell ring?

[right][snapback]161358[/snapback][/right]

I'll trade you my mom
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Aka,Dec 17 2005, 03:57 PM Wrote:^-- I'd take a few if they were cheap enough. Though I'm out of power in my apartment (seriously)
[right][snapback]161432[/snapback][/right]

are you starting to blow brekaers with all the computers, TV's, Etc in your apartment??
Mike
2002 Midnight Blue Mazda Protege5
[Image: bluep5.gif]
That's a lot of folding horsepower right there.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 18 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:That's a lot of folding horsepower right there.
[right][snapback]161495[/snapback][/right]

I told you before I could help you out with your folding things :)
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
meford4u,Dec 17 2005, 09:16 PM Wrote:
nass,Dec 16 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]161358[/snapback][/right]

I'll trade you my mom
[right][snapback]161437[/snapback][/right]

details pls.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Evil Homer P5,Dec 18 2005, 11:28 AM Wrote:
Aka,Dec 17 2005, 03:57 PM Wrote:^-- I'd take a few if they were cheap enough. Though I'm out of power in my apartment (seriously)
[right][snapback]161432[/snapback][/right]

are you starting to blow brekaers with all the computers, TV's, Etc in your apartment??
[right][snapback]161487[/snapback][/right]
if I turn on the home theater in the other room the power in most of the apartment goes out. There's only a few circuits, not near enough. Older building, they didn't expect, and probably still don't expect people to be using as much power as me.

NOS2Go4Me,Dec 18 2005, 12:17 PM Wrote:That's a lot of folding horsepower right there.
[right][snapback]161495[/snapback][/right]
That's why I'd buy a few, though for CPDN instead. Trying to get people to join it is hard though, not many people like the long WUs.
I used to be in the project, back when it went public. I've run both their original client and the BOINC client, but right now my primary focus is Folding@Home.

Atleast it's worth the computer time. Unlike SETI. IMO.
Yeah, did that for 1 1/2 years too. What a waste.