Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reflex Wiper Blades
Yeah I have had them on my car for a year now with no problems, untill recently, I went to pick up the passenger side wiper arm after the last snow storm, and a small section stuck to the windscreen. so now there is a small area where the glue gave way right on the middle of the frame, and it's leaving a 1 inch area of the passenger side of the windscreen with an un wiped area. Still not bad, but a hell of alot better then the stock wipers IMO.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
junk, junk, junk
Haven't tried them but I might, unless I can find rainx wipers again. Those were the best wipers I've ever had. Expensive but worked great for over a year, of which a lot of commuting in the rain. Place I got em at doesn't carry them any more, sucks 'cause I've gone through 3 sets of blades to find decent ones, and in the words of Bono, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
nass,Feb 10 2006, 04:19 PM Wrote:I have the CT winter blades on my side and on cold days it'll "freeze" up and not make contact on the part of the windshield directly in my line of sight ( funny how that happens ) I might try those spring you put on the arms to apply some more pressure and hope that works. I don't see that applying so much more force that it burns out the motor anytime soon.

ANyone ever try these springs, results good bad meh?
[right][snapback]169662[/snapback][/right]

i had the springs on the taurus they are amazing, just have to be careful when changing blades - i chipped my windshield.
focusracer,Mar 8 2006, 12:37 AM Wrote:Haven't tried them but I might, unless I can find rainx wipers again. Those were the best wipers I've ever had. Expensive but worked great for over a year, of which a lot of commuting in the rain. Place I got em at doesn't carry them any more, sucks 'cause I've gone through 3 sets of blades to find decent ones, and in the words of Bono, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.
[right][snapback]173828[/snapback][/right]

Wal Mart carries them.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Feb 14 2006, 04:01 PM Wrote:Stock wipers are fine and work flawlessly. When I want to replace them, cause I know they're gonna have years of life ahead of them, i'll get some PIAA's (rubber, as I like to use rainx and have heard many horror stories :lol: ).
[right][snapback]170449[/snapback][/right]

I retract this statement. I've been getting ice buildup on the driver side wiper at the odd time... so I am either gonna replace them with a set of rubber Michelin's or PIAA's (so I can still use the RainX). I never had this problem on my Ranger...

Are there any other blades that say Performance Improvements or any other local shop in Hamilton can order, that might be better than those two?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Love the Reflex wippers.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Well since someone asked about these, I must now say that I am still running my Reflex Wipers from Crappy Tire, approx 1 yr 5 months! Still lovin' them!!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
I just finished my job as a manager for Canadian Tire.

These wipers have close to a 50% return rate, mostly on the larger sizes. I bought a set last november and on my first highway trip had to stop every 10 minutes to fix the frozen over wipers. I returned them when I got back. I replaced them with the cheapest wipers we sell and haven't had a single issue with them freezing over since. Id say if you live in an area with alot of snow to not buy these.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Honkeytonk Monkey,Jun 6 2006, 02:20 AM Wrote:I just finished my job as a manager for Canadian Tire.

These wipers have close to a 50% return rate, mostly on the larger sizes. I bought a set last november and on my first highway trip had to stop every 10 minutes to fix the frozen over wipers. I returned them when I got back. I replaced them with the cheapest wipers we sell and haven't had a single issue with them freezing over since. Id say if you live in an area with alot of snow to not buy these.
[right][snapback]191579[/snapback][/right]

I used the reflex wipers ( from Parts Source ) all last winter. They worked great. No snow or ice build up whatsoever..

Cheers.
Honkeytonk Monkey,Jun 6 2006, 03:20 AM Wrote:I just finished my job as a manager for Canadian Tire.

[right][snapback]191579[/snapback][/right]

I can't say that I have had a problem with them in the winter with ice buildup and I do a lot of Hwy driving!

I guess the work differently for different people! Purchase at your own risk I guess!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
yes i have them - they are good
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZX3guy2000,Jun 7 2006, 03:34 PM Wrote:I can't say that I have had a problem with them in the winter with ice buildup and I do a lot of Hwy driving!

I guess the work differently for different people!  Purchase at your own risk I guess!
[right][snapback]191807[/snapback][/right]

Exactly. Most the returns were on the larger sizes like the ones we use. I think the build on them is inconsistant, as is the rubber quality. If you own them and they work then of course keep them, but if you're buying new Blades, I would just be cautious before taking a trip with them make sure yours are working as advertised.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Love those "Reflex" but Wal-Mart has a set any size ..."$19.00" /a pair!"
A friend of mine bought them no problems so far...( very similiar in design )
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
No probs with mine!
I've got a set of these wipers on mine, installed last November... and I wish I could swap driver and passenger sides, 'cuz the driver's side is streaky as hell... and the passenger side is pristine. Problem is, on the '05, the driver and passenger sides use diff. lenghth blades... arrgh!

I think I'll try the SilBlades though... they look interesting. I'd go back to my stock wipers but my doofus buddy who was helping me install the Reflex blades broke the mounting bracket on the stock wiper off... and this guy fixes planes for the USAF. Go figure. <_<
Le Quebecois vite en eSTie! 2005 ZX4 ST CD Silver Metallic Tinted

WOOHOO!!! My first mod: Kenwood KSC-WD250 10" Powered Sub

Mod Wishlist: Street Appearance Package, iPod controller/input, speakers, headunit, wheels, brakes, intake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch Icon Wiper Blades Spinal 15 12,237 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Last Post: davr89