Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontario Dyno Day
If I have the means to do the small mods I'm looking at before the event (Steeda Short Ram, Magnaflow exhaust) then I'd be in for a pull or two, otherwise already did my pulls this year :P

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 18 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:WTF... what's with the "no dyno" guys?

[right][snapback]156625[/snapback][/right]

What's the point when you already know your car is slow???

OOOOH, MY VOLANT ADDED 3 HP.

A great way to spend a hundred bucks. :rolleyes:
Hmm, true enough I suppose.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Alright, from what I am told Da Silva does NOT have the room for a proper dyno and BBQ day for the number of cars that attended Anthony's BBQ last summer.

Since that's the number of guys I was hoping would attend the dyno day this year, that rules out Da Silva.

Are there any other venues besides Steeda in the GTA that we can trust and consider?

Ottawa still isn't ruled out, but I need numbers so I can contact possible venues.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 28 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:Alright, from what I am told Da Silva does NOT have the room for a proper dyno and BBQ day for the number of cars that attended Anthony's BBQ last summer.

Since that's the number of guys I was hoping would attend the dyno day this year, that rules out Da Silva.

Are there any other venues besides Steeda in the GTA that we can trust and consider?

Ottawa still isn't ruled out, but I need numbers so I can contact possible venues.
[right][snapback]157994[/snapback][/right]

I doubt we'll have that many showing up anyways, especially for a dyno day.

Tapp hasn't responded to any of my emails yet either :(
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Hmm, that sucks Nate. Thanks for keeping us updated on the Tapp Auto situation.

I know a pure dyno day wouldn't exceed 10 members' rides, that's why I wanted a BBQ tied into it as well. :)

Let's keep it going guys... the best planning is done months before the actual event.

K, I just got a hold of Mat Pichette from mako racing. He said that we could arrange something threw him for the Ottawa area.

He's also hinting that he would like to tune my focus infront of all of you to show off his skills.

I know he had one in Orleans last year, worked out to $65.00 for 2 pulls I'm pretty sure.....I don't think Final lap has the room for a BBQ though, worse comes to worse and the dyno day is held at Final lap, we can have beers and food at my house after since I live 5 minutes from the shop. Theres also the beach right down the street also.....
Flofocus,Nov 28 2005, 12:25 PM Wrote:K, I just got a hold of Mat Pichette from mako racing.  He said that we could arrange something threw him for the Ottawa area. 

He's also hinting that he would like to tune my focus infront of all of you to show off his skills. 

I know he had one in Orleans last year, worked out to $65.00 for 2 pulls I'm pretty sure.....I don't think Final lap has the room for a BBQ though, worse comes to worse and the dyno day is held at Final lap, we can have beers and food at my house after since I live 5 minutes from the shop.  Theres also the beach right down the street also.....
[right][snapback]158045[/snapback][/right]

Now THAT is what I am talkin about. Not that I'd volunteer your place for you, Nate, but that is exactly what I have in mind.

I'll keep you all posted on what Mat says....
Now that I'm getting to be a quasi-pro at this... we can tape it, encode it as we tape it, and even webcast it for those who can't make it if the site is willing to give us Internet access.

Sound cool?

So... how many GTA guys will truck to Ottawa for a dyno "weekend"?

I can start looking for accomodations for everyone shortly to give us an idea of a price range. I'm sure a pile of us wouldn't be averse to camping, either :)

me
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 1 2006, 10:33 AM Wrote:So... how many GTA guys will truck to Ottawa for a dyno "weekend"?

I can start looking for accomodations for everyone shortly to give us an idea of a price range. I'm sure a pile of us wouldn't be averse to camping, either :)
[right][snapback]162705[/snapback][/right]

As long as I can truck into Ottawa with Leafs logos on the car and not get my ride trashed, and I have enough notice to build up some cash for the trip I'm game ;)

NefCanuck