Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Drilled Rotors
I have Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors on my Car and I warped them with in the first 3 months of having them on the car.........my mechanic asked me how the f*k did you do that? I'm still in question myself, I think i'm going to pick up some Roush Racing rotors.....supposivly they are pretty good, my cousin is running them on his Focus.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
who ever made the cheese grater comment about drilled rotors needs a different mental picture. A cheese grater works the way it does cause the openings have a raised edge to it to catch the cheese and cut it. Cross drilled rotors have a dimpled/counter sunk hole. Pass your hand on a drilled rotor and it will be smooth. If not you have a shitty ass rotor.

Basically we drive a ford focus. It is not a super car reaching super car speeds. There is no need for upgraded brakes unless you want to make your penis bigger or you actually are pushing some real numbers to the road and you take it to the track. I have yet to be let down by the stock brakes they stop the car without a problem.

Remember if it ain't broke don't fix it junior
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I bought cross-drilled Brembos from Nights Auto and love them. The Brembos run truer (is that a word?) than any discs I've had to date. I think the brembos use better cast iron than most and I had them cadmium coated, for around $18, to prevent corrosion (so far it seems to work, but they haven't been through winter yet).

I've also got EBC green-stuff pads and braided lines and I'm very happy with the way she brakes right now. Had thought about bigger front discs but I'm not sure I need them.

how much for the steel braiding? and how much of a difference does that make really?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Nov 27 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:how much for the steel braiding? and how much of a difference does that make really?
[right][snapback]157873[/snapback][/right]

I picked mine up off eBay from a guy who hadn't installed them - cost about $75 in total.

And, yes, they make a big difference. Take away much of the spongyness and give better feel of what the pads are doing. That's my experience anyway.
Another plus of braided steel lines is that they are guaranteed for life and don't break down like rubber lines. So, once they are on they are on for good.