Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Guess You've All Figured This Out By Now
The gauge cluster is different than the S2... at least the American gauges I've seen so far.

The seats look neat, odd patterning tho :huh:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Well the pattern is from the Zetec package from europe, and they are more supportive I find then the regular LX / SE / ZTS. It's why it moved into the ZX3's in later model years like the 2002 model.

The gages look like gray / silver when they are off but when they light up the orange lights up red. I think they are the same in the S2's unless you saw / were looking at someone's aftermarket one ?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
So I need either S2 seats or 2002 and later Zetec seats?

Gah, pics Kev please - dash and seats! Chad too if he's around :D

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
:lol: LOL......

If you put S2 front seats into your sedan anyone you piss off in the back could pull the seat fall forward to access the back seat using the lever lol..... :lol:

but the rear seats would not fit a sedan, not to mention that the rear seats in a Street Edition are " Sport Supportive " too just like the front seats. If anything look for a Street Edtion in a scrap yard if you can find on in there yet and buy the seats and as much black interior as you can.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I'm not horribly worried about the rears. I'm just looking to upgrade the front seats and make it a little more authentic at the same time. :)

And if the guys in the back try anything funny... *shakes fist* :lol:

I'm not worrying about the black interior, either.

The pics of the interior Frost posted up match my S2. The diamond pattern material is what I got also. They also seem more sporty then common ZX3 sears as they hug you more.
Its a good thing I guess I got all these S2 parts :P I would have had seats for you but unfortunatly the seats I got were not comfortable for my passengers.....I do have the stock S2 gauge cluster, the center radio console is the same as all the others, its just painted...so you could simply paint yours the same colour....
Frost's seats are the same as in my 2002 ZX3... so theyre not unique/exclusive to the S2 or Stret Edition
My other ride is your Mom
My 01 ZX3 has the same seats...just they are plain and not patterned...which I like. I wish they had seats like ours in the ZX4 ST....driven 3 of them now, and the seats aren't bolstered enough...at least to me anyways. You could just put seats from a ZX3 Premium in your car....you can usually find them at scrapyards and such...actually, I think there was a liguid grey ZX3 that got written off here on base last week now that I think about it....
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
S2,Nov 11 2005, 12:27 PM Wrote:The pics of the interior Frost posted up match my S2.  The diamond pattern material is what I got also.  They also seem more sporty then common ZX3 sears as they hug you more.
[right][snapback]155216[/snapback][/right]

My 2002 ZX3 has the diamond pattern seats too, I think they're the same as most of the hatchbacks.. I think they changed the seat insert fabric design through some years though.
So something 2002-2004. Gotcha.

Yes but they were unique ONLY TO THE S2 EDITIONS in 2001. Same goes for the liquid grey color, it was only availabe in 2001 on the S2 editions. Later on, 2002 up it was available on the focus. Same goes for the interior as well as the side skirts and front lip (on other special editions later plus available through ford on their bodykit for the focus). As well, the RED NEEDLES were only available on the S2 edition until they were commonly installed on other models in later years.
Kev offered me his gauge cluster from his 2001 S2... I'd take it, but I want the mileage adjusted. I'm checking with the dealer about that today as I was a tad busy Saturday and didn't have time (read: gaming).

I'm also looking to get the side skirts (possibly) and have them repainted. The seats are a plus either way as the sedan seats for 2001 suck. Well, they're comfortable for long hauls, but they're as grippy as Greased-Up Deaf Guy in corners.

Otherwise, the rest is golden. Anti-sways coming by spring (like I'm in a rush anyways), not bothering with S2 badging... ok maybe one on the trunk :D

The rest... not worried about it.

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 14 2005, 12:02 PM Wrote:Kev offered me his gauge cluster from his 2001 S2... I'd take it, but I want the mileage adjusted. I'm checking with the dealer about that today as I was a tad busy Saturday and didn't have time (read: gaming).

I'm also looking to get the side skirts (possibly) and have them repainted. The seats are a plus either way as the sedan seats for 2001 suck. Well, they're comfortable for long hauls, but they're as grippy as Greased-Up Deaf Guy in corners.
[right][snapback]155740[/snapback][/right]

I sure hope you checked out on the financing of this. Sara okay with this? I thought she wanted more power under the hood? :rolleyes:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 14 2005, 11:05 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 14 2005, 12:02 PM Wrote:Kev offered me his gauge cluster from his 2001 S2... I'd take it, but I want the mileage adjusted. I'm checking with the dealer about that today as I was a tad busy Saturday and didn't have time (read: gaming).

[right][snapback]155740[/snapback][/right]

I sure hope you checked out on the financing of this. Sara okay with this? I thought she wanted more power under the hood? :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]155742[/snapback][/right]

*shakes fist* the UDP goes in in a bit, probably at the same time as the suspension. After that, it's getting SCT-tuned in the spring. Might also get the 65mm TB for it and install that over the winter or in the spring before the tune.

does your SE sedan have a 16v motor already?
Nah, it's a SPI... so it's not powertrain authentic, but it will be suspension / wheels and some aesthetic parts-authentic.

Just spoke with Inspector Martin of the MTO here in North Bay, here's the current law as it pertains to gauge swaps:

"You can use any operating cluster, especially OEM replacements for your car, so long as you make note to the BUYER if the car is sold of the mileage of the old cluster when discontinued and what the new cluster is when it takes up the job.

The driver as an individual does NOT need to report any odometer changes to the MTO if the vehicle is NOT being sold and is kept as a licensed and insured vehicle in their possession.

It's smart to keep a quick note of each odometer reading and file it away so you're not trying to recall the difference when selling the car, but verbal / written notification is all that's required by law when the car changes hands."

So I'm good to go for that cluster, Kev :D

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 14 2005, 02:51 PM Wrote:Just spoke with Inspector Martin of the MTO here in North Bay, here's the current law as it pertains to gauge swaps:

"You can use any operating cluster, especially OEM replacements for your car, so long as you make note to the BUYER if the car is sold of the mileage of the old cluster when discontinued and what the new cluster is when it takes up the job.

The driver as an individual does NOT need to report any odometer changes to the MTO if the vehicle is NOT being sold and is kept as a licensed and insured vehicle in their possession.

It's smart to keep a quick note of each odometer reading and file it away so you're not trying to recall the difference when selling the car, but verbal / written notification is all that's required by law when the car changes hands."

So I'm good to go for that cluster, Kev :D
[right][snapback]155794[/snapback][/right]

just have the new guage mileage re-programmed from the old cluster.. they can only do this one time.
My other ride is your Mom
Funny, Stockfish told me they didn't do that.

I'll just wait till I get the new one in and I'll approach them about it.