Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally...proof You Can Beat A Redlight Camera!
Never thought this would work, but someone did a test to prove this theory wrong

linky:
http://rockoutmedia.com/flisp/content/movi...3.flisp.com.wmv
My other ride is your Mom
is this the top gear one? im at work and cant watch it, but i saw it last week if its the top gear.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
yes, its top gear
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Ive only heard of one guy who beat a red-light camera, but it wasnt from speeding, it was cus a bird flew right infront of the camera and blocked it from snapping his liceince plate! F'n lucky bastard
My other ride is your Mom
it;s easy to beat them.

don;t run red lights.
im pretty sure the camera tested is supposed to catch speeders. i think they set them up in areas where people always speed.

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
In Wpg. the cameras do double duty. They are at intersections and they catch both red lights and speeders. They also have mobile units for just speeding. I can't see the vid either, but the only protection I know of is to get a special license plate cover that blurs the plate when seen from an angle or to apply something to your plate to overexpose it like laquer or a special spray that is sold. A guy in Calgary told me that he used glitter all over his plate and then laquer over top. He swore it worked but it looks pretty fruity.
Guys with temporary permits must just not care about those or video toll highways :P
well i dont have to worry about this. There is no way i would do 170MPH.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

SVT ZX3,Nov 1 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:In Wpg. the cameras do double duty. They are at intersections and they catch both red lights and speeders. They also have mobile units for just speeding. I can't see the vid either, but the only protection I know of is to get a special license plate cover that blurs the plate when seen from an angle or to apply something to your plate to overexpose it like laquer or a special spray that is sold. A guy in Calgary told me that he used glitter all over his plate and then laquer over top. He swore it worked but it looks pretty fruity.
[right][snapback]152925[/snapback][/right]

FRUITY LIKE THIS?
[Image: peter_flies2_adj_680h.jpg]
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
mo_focus,Nov 1 2005, 01:37 PM Wrote:well i dont have to worry about this. There is no way i would do 170MPH.
[right][snapback]152935[/snapback][/right]
i think the focus would fall apart at 170 mph!!

don't think the speedo goes up to 170 MPH
'03 Focus SVT