Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'worst' Cars In The World
S2,Oct 25 2005, 02:47 PM Wrote:Yup I agree 110% on the Lada.  Actually when I posted that 'list' on FF.com a month ago or so I mentioned that.
[right][snapback]151392[/snapback][/right]

The Lada was for Canadian markets only. The list was probably generated in the US.

The Hyundai Pony also a Canadian only rust bucket should have made the cut as well. My buddy bought one new and it only lasted 5 years before it looked like swiss cheese.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
98-99 Ford windstar also had one door larger than the other.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
crazikev,Oct 25 2005, 02:22 PM Wrote:Zetec version maybe

SPI/Duratec kicks ASS :ph34r:
[right][snapback]151378[/snapback][/right]
Yep, just keep it to year 2000 where it wasn't in the Best Buy lists. :rolleyes:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
speaking of Hyundai, remember the first gen of Sonata's ? they engines would die at 100,000 kms..... and rust out in less then 5 years too.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Yeah plus ya can't forget the Tempo. Some say it was a decent car but after I took out two transmissions on two brand new ones (picking them up for the dealership) on the way home not to mention some other things. Especially the ones on the road today (majority) are rusted out, damaged, sound aweful...... I always thought it was an ugly car anyway.
Speaking of Tempo / Topaz, don't forget about the Diesel versions, and AWD versions that were total junk when they built them.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Yeah I seem to recall those. Honestly that car, man, what to say.... there's a guy that is driving one here at work (as a joke), and yeah it's a 'joke'.....

Even though I'm a hardcore FORD fan, that car was a mistake.

--------------------

The AMC line seems to be one of those that is rated really low on the scale. It's talked about all over the place as some of the worst cars out there. The pacer of course but a few others. My buddy has a Javalin and it's damn nice (completely redone) with aftermarket so not sure what it was like stock but it's a nice car.
I used to own a Pontiac Astre ( the Vega twin). The motor was all aluminum and used more oil than gas, but I was able to sleep in it with the rear seat down! There was I believe to be a cosworth version that had good performance. The car was called the baby Camaro, and a lot of people installed sb chevy motors in them.

Good discussion Chad!
ManitobaMustang and Fords

ZX3 with SVT suspension,Ice Man CAI.

02 Mustang -asleep for the winter
Hmm.. I had a 87 Bronco II, 2.9L V6 and it lasted me from 180,000KMs to 280,000KMs. I drove the s**t out of it. I hardly changed the oil. Best truck, and damn near best vehicle, I ever owned.

I took it mudbogging once... well it was an offroad trip that found a sinkhole that submerged half of it (passenger side) completely up to the framerails. So that classifies as mud-bogging. :D

As for the tippiness... never saw it. I used to toss it into 4-Hi and take it rally-style driving on gravel roads out where I used to live, near Sturgeon Falls. It was surprisingly tossable. It also ran the highway at 140KM/H with a 3" lift and 33" tires without much grief, on a bone stock engine.

Figured I'd edit it before the purists blew a differential. :rolleyes:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
we all like to make fun of tempo/topaz's but they are NOT even close to the top 10 worst car lists. Sure they had their troubles, but... aw who am i trying to kid, they sucked :lol: . 283,000km and 350,000km aint bad though
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Oct 26 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:we all like to make fun of tempo/topaz's but they are NOT even close to the top 10 worst car lists.  Sure they had their troubles, but... aw who am i trying to kid, they sucked :lol: .  283,000km and 350,000km aint bad though
[right][snapback]151852[/snapback][/right]

Yup's hard pressed to call them one of the worst of all time. Our's is 270000 now and counting and still running strong. Not to mention there are still thousands on the road still humming along, id bet the focus is worse then the tempo/topaz :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Oct 26 2005, 10:03 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Oct 26 2005, 10:35 PM Wrote:we all like to make fun of tempo/topaz's but they are NOT even close to the top 10 worst car lists.  Sure they had their troubles, but... aw who am i trying to kid, they sucked :lol: .  283,000km and 350,000km aint bad though
[right][snapback]151852[/snapback][/right]

Yup's hard pressed to call them one of the worst of all time. Our's is 270000 now and counting and still running strong. Not to mention there are still thousands on the road still humming along, id bet the focus is worse then the tempo/topaz :lol:
[right][snapback]151868[/snapback][/right]

Acutually if you look in those Lemonaid Books / car buying guides they list the Tempo / Topaz as part of the 10 worst cars list, and they also list it as one of the ' Worst Cars Ford Ever Made After the Pinto '

I'll agree they are good cars so long as you take care of them, as any car that is. When I send my 2nd Topaz to the crusher it had just over 989,000 kms on it ( former rental car for many years )
I agree, I've drove multiple Tempos and Topaz models, many different years, always hated them. I dont know, you tell me the coincidence of taking out two transmissions (both ATX) in two years of dealer transfers, both on Tempos. No I didn't bag them either, I was with my dad and/or mom both times (my dad worked at the dealership).
TonyDee,Oct 26 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:I used to own a Pontiac Astre ( the Vega twin). The motor was all aluminum and used more oil than gas, but I was able to sleep in it with the rear seat down!  There was I believe to be a cosworth version that had good performance. The car was called the baby Camaro, and a lot of people installed sb chevy motors in them.

Good discussion Chad!
[right][snapback]151723[/snapback][/right]
My buddy had a Vega GT in high school with the Cosworth. When the motor melted he put a 454 in her. All that weight in the front couldn't keep the front wheels down!
As for the Bronco II, I beat the s**t out of at least 10 of them during high school. Great for sex in the backbush. I managed to go up and down every path at 16 mile creek under QEW with 6 passengers. Was really scary when I had to back up half way up and take a good run at the steepest hill.
Worst car ever: Renault Fuego. Ugh!
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
TonyDee,Oct 26 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:I used to own a Pontiac Astre ( the Vega twin). The motor was all aluminum and used more oil than gas, but I was able to sleep in it with the rear seat down!  There was I believe to be a cosworth version that had good performance. The car was called the baby Camaro, and a lot of people installed sb chevy motors in them.

Good discussion Chad!
[right][snapback]151723[/snapback][/right]
I have owned three Vegas myself not including the one my dad owned when I was a kid. It was a 140c.i. (2.3L) aluminum block, no iron liners(!) and a cast iron head :rolleyes: . The Cosworth version was a de-stroked 122 c.i. version with a Cosworth aluminum head, fuel injection, nice little car. They retailed for just a little less than a new Corvette when they came out so sales were dissapointing to say the least. Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-Coswor...1QQcmdZViewItem
S2,Oct 31 2005, 12:04 AM Wrote:I agree, I've drove multiple Tempos and Topaz models, many different years, always hated them.  I dont know, you tell me the coincidence of taking out two transmissions (both ATX) in two years of dealer transfers, both on Tempos.  No I didn't bag them either, I was with my dad and/or mom both times (my dad worked at the dealership).
[right][snapback]152541[/snapback][/right]

270000k on original tranny and it's fluid and shifts and runs the very best. Some were good but the atx's only usually go if their driven hard or never looked after. I love our's, never let us down :)
My Mom Says I'm Special
I still think it's one of the worst cars Ford's put out in the last 20 years by far. Honestly between the Pinto/Bobcat and the Tempo, I'd rather have the Bobcat. It drove better IMO and had more power 'suprisingly'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top 10 Most Beautiful Cars In The World torradan 6 1,672 09-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast