Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Concerned With All The Violence?
Edmonton Alberta, 31 homicides in 2005 alone.

last one was an 18 year old girl walking home with bunch of her friends after celebrating her 18th birthday...random shooting, senseless killing...the whole planet is going to hell in a handbasket.
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Raine,Oct 25 2005, 12:07 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Oct 25 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:Shouldn't this topic be in the Ontario Section ? I mean it's only a Toronto Problem thus far, unless you are talking about nationally?
[right][snapback]151301[/snapback][/right]

Are you the new regional mod? You bring this up a lot. Anytime something only concerns Toronto, whether it be a hockey game or a cruise, it's "Shouldn't this be in the Ontario Section??" Let it slide, jeeves.

I am certainly concerned with the increased level of violence and not being involved in it means fack all. The man who's van was hit with a stray bullet yesterday wasn't involved in anything, he was just driving along minding his own business. The kid that was shot in the head on the bus wasn't involved, just caught in the cross fire. The problem here is that these problems are no longer isolated to the gangs and their members... innocent people are getting killed. It's bullshit, and the question I ask is why the hell are there so many guns on the street?? The police were so focused on Marijuana grow ops that they forgot to keep a cap on the number of guns entering the city. Sad really.

I wouldn't own one... what's the point? I'm not going to avoid getting shot just cause I have a 9mm in my top drawer. If it's gonna happen it's gonna happen.
[right][snapback]151350[/snapback][/right]
hes just doing it for the post count
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Flofocus,Oct 25 2005, 01:45 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 25 2005, 01:39 PM Wrote:I've never been approached, but that's because... well, let's say my reputation precedes me and leave it at that.
[right][snapback]151356[/snapback][/right]

I laughed pretty hard here. :P :lol:
[right][snapback]151357[/snapback][/right]

Mee too. I thought his rep as a cry baby was what he meant.. :lol:
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
NefCanuck,Oct 25 2005, 11:34 AM Wrote:I dunno, am I more concerned than I was say ten years ago?  Honestly I would have to say yes, but that has more to do with the fact that rather than dealing with problems, society seems content to let things slide under the radar until something disasterous happens and then "It's the end of the world as we know it"

Perfect example of this:  The TTC was in the midst of slowly adding video monitoring devices for their bus drivers, ostensibly to enhance driver and passenger safety, it was being done, but not with any great haste...

Until that unfortunate TTC driver gets shot in the head and THEN it becomes "Crisis! Crisis! We have a Crisis!"

This "React only when the feces hits the fan" mentality has to stop.  We as a society have to become proactive rather than reactive otherwise we'll always be a step behind and someone will suffer because of it.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]151316[/snapback][/right]

Actually my best friend Bruce works that very route that the driver was shot in the face. Infact he was the one who was the first on scene to give aid to the driver as he was the next bus behind that one. I have talked to him a few times now and he can't seem to get the image of the driver out of his head of him bleading. he's on leave for P.T.S. and he's still in shock about it almost what 2 weeks later.

I'm not saying there is violence going on, but reality is it's more hype in the media then anything else, on global it's like Where next? how many more etc...... I don't doubt bad things happen to some good people like that woman who was shot last year and ended up a cripple as she was paying for a sub.

But if you really think about it, how violent are the car jackings in manatobia and sask getting ? not to mention the rise in gang activitys there. Really though Toronto has a much smaller crime rate compairing them to very urbanized areas such as Los Angeles, and NYC, but since it's now coming more public it's like everyone is in a panic about it because it's Canada, really what do you expect, we have the US next to us which makes it easy for guns to traffic their way over.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
crazikev,Oct 25 2005, 02:44 PM Wrote:hes just doing it for the post count
[right][snapback]151389[/snapback][/right]

No I'm not making it for a post count, I was stating the obvious, Toronto.... no other mention of else where..... :rolleyes:

Besides post whoring is what you do best Kev, you just want ot catch up to me lol....... :lol:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Doesnt winnipeg have the highest murder rate?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Raine,Oct 25 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Oct 25 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:Shouldn't this topic be in the Ontario Section ? I mean it's only a Toronto Problem thus far, unless you are talking about nationally?
[right][snapback]151301[/snapback][/right]

Are you the new regional mod? You bring this up a lot. Anytime something only concerns Toronto, whether it be a hockey game or a cruise, it's "Shouldn't this be in the Ontario Section??" Let it slide, jeeves.

it was a legitimate question, don't have to go Internet Tough Guy on frost.

When I was a bouncer, I had one hell of a reputation in my home town.. .I must look exactly like some dude I'd never want to meet in person.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Oct 25 2005, 03:27 PM Wrote:I must look exactly like some dude I'd never want to meet in person.
[right][snapback]151416[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
LOL.............. gee thanks puppet.... ^_^

I'm ok with being questioned, I like it actually, it's how you learn right ?
Actually Saskatchewan has the higest crime rate in the entire country.

This weekend some guy chopped down the door of some guys house with an axe. Threatened to do the same to him...and thats was 2 blocks from my house.

I think if they make a ridiculous penalty for violence causing death /injury, like min 10 years in prison or better yet the death penalty. It would maybe cut down.

But the way i look at it is...if im a homeless guy and have nothing going for me, or a drug addict. Id go cause some s**t. Get a warm place to sleep, food, and rehab. What do i have to lose?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Oct 25 2005, 03:43 PM Wrote:But the way i look at it is...if im a homeless guy and have nothing going for me, or a drug addict. Id go cause some s**t. Get a warm place to sleep, food, and rehab. What do i have to lose?
[right][snapback]151428[/snapback][/right]

Your virgin asshole
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Oct 25 2005, 03:58 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Oct 25 2005, 03:43 PM Wrote:But the way i look at it is...if im a homeless guy and have nothing going for me, or a drug addict. Id go cause some s**t. Get a warm place to sleep, food, and rehab. What do i have to lose?

Your virgin asshole
[right][snapback]151438[/snapback][/right]

Your family jewels!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
FociPhil,Oct 25 2005, 03:43 PM Wrote:Actually Saskatchewan has the higest crime rate in the entire country.

This weekend some guy chopped down the door of some guys house with an axe. Threatened to do the same to him...and thats was 2 blocks from my house.

I think if they make a ridiculous penalty for violence causing death /injury, like min 10 years in prison or better yet the death penalty. It would maybe cut down.

But the way i look at it is...if im a homeless guy and have nothing going for me, or a drug addict. Id go cause some s**t. Get a warm place to sleep, food, and rehab. What do i have to lose?

All self respect... but you gain a fond admiration for guys called "Bubba". :fag:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I dont worry about the streets at all much and Im always out there training on them or what not.... Even in areas that are considered bad ones .. Usually if you mind your own business no one is going to bother you at all. You run into the odd person here or there with an attitude problem but a little street smarts and some common sense go a long way into relieving that situation. Granted ghetto gansta people usually take kindly to me, and sometimes even ask if I can teach them... ha ha ha ... So maybe im not the norm.

When it comes to stray bullets or getting shot ... Well ... I look at this 2 ways.

A. s**t happens, you can die from a million different random things, random gun shots fill up a pretty low statistic.
A. If you have to worry about your life and these small statistics, your not out there living it.

My 2 cents.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.