Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read The Friggin' Manual!
Frost__2001,Oct 25 2005, 03:55 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 24 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:
nass,Oct 24 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:you sir are gifted with magic hands, everything you touch with your hands will in turn be magic or magical as the case may be.
[right][snapback]151107[/snapback][/right]

"Magic"? That's one way to put 'em I guess. Tried to fix my toilet last night (constantly refilling itself) and screwed it up so bad I had to close the shut off valve :blink:

God, give me something electronic, I'm in my element, anything mechanical and it's Russian Roulette with a loaded Uzi <_<
[right][snapback]151110[/snapback][/right]

LMAO..................... :rofl:

well there is always Mr. rotor router ? I think they are in the yellow pages.
[right][snapback]151436[/snapback][/right]

Well, after doing a little more 'net research yesterday on toilets, found out that the cause of my problem could be the flapper in the tank that wasn't sealing because of a build up underneath the flapper itself. Flapper doesn't seal right and the toilet will never be full and will constantly be filling itself, causing other fun things including condensation on the outside of the tank.

Sure enough, drain the tank and lifted the flapper... it was coated in black slime underneath. Used some Fantasik Orange Action cleaner on the underside of the flapper together with a little old fashioned elbow grease and managed to get the majority of the slime off barehanded (Note: Wear gloves, you do not want that stench on your fingers)

Let the tank refill and voila! the toilet fills and stops filling where its supposed to! Huzzah for the Internet! :D

NefCanuck