Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People Frustrate Me
Dan, that's an awesome site. I wish I had a bit more equipment to do that at home here.. will have to see what I can figure out. And it's true too... working out one muscle group/excercise at a time doesn't build the coordination that your body needs to do actual physical activities.

I've learned this the hardway, taking nearly 5 years to learn the coordination to play something that seems as simple as volleyball half competently.

the greatest advice I can give people is to sign up for something... anything. And realize you're making both a time and financial commitment when you do it. Al, I get the feeling this would work for you... sign up for some indoor beach volleyball.. do thursday nights rec... do the clinics, watch some honeys... it's a great motivator.

Funny thing is that I bought my huge setup for home because I got frustrated with the asshats at the gyms in Toronto (all socializers, no workouters)... but I miss the motivation and painlessness of doing eleptical running behind a cute butt on a stair climber. (sorry ladies, i don't gawk or drool, I just need something to watch during commercial breaks).

so I actually do miss some of the social aspects.. talking to trainers and spotting people at the gym takes away the monotony of working out alone.

But if you're just getting started, once again, Dan is 100% correct, you're just going to have to suck up your pride and deal with it. Give it 3 weeks to become a habit, another 3 weeks and you'll see major improvements... then just go from there.

I stopped making excuses.. I know I have no willpower... and this summer, I got away with it because I was so active... not anymore... time to buckle down again.. new starting point is 280.. goal is 265 by christmas.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Good goal puppet.

I don't often like to talk about my past as it involves a lot of things that happened to me as a child that more or less were beyond my control at the time. I know I'm where I am because I gave up on myself at age 15, under all the stress I was under then.

I used to be a good ( not great ) athlete in high school and I will admit it was great being in shape and being able to go out with girls and not think anything of the future other than the up coming foot ball games. Of course fate or time is a cruel thing, and well I took up too many things at once ( ie. 2 jobs, plus school, and football ) and it really took it out of me, my first relationship came to an end and really after that I stopped caring about myself.

Well I know now that was a mistake, and after 4 years of severe depression, and being hospitalized 4 times during that 4 year time frame. Not to mention all the anti-depressants I was on during that time frame I finally woke up and said to myself I don't want to be 30, living at home, and more or less be living dead.

So Since just before I turned 19 I got a job, and started to work on myself, I'll admit I'm still sheepish around people as I'm still re-learning how to socialize again and I know I'm not going to have that great body I used too, as I abused it.

So, I'm 26 now, and I can say I have some direction in my life again and yeah it's related to that spat I woke up from. I can say I've done 3/4 of my to do list since then, and the last part is getting back into shape, not perfect mind you. But I'm making the effort, I know it's going to take me a while to get to where I want to be but I have a more positive outlook on my life by the time I'm 30. Only a few more months and then I can say I can afford to do the things I wanted to have now, like a gym membership as school will be done completely, and I'll be entering a higher paying job then I'm currently in now.

So hearing / reading what you guys post is a form of that push I need because I find we're all pretty positive when it comes to issues like this, and it makes me feel good because I know I'm getting that support from here, as strange as that sounds.................. :huh:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I think we should neame this the "STFU and MOVE!" Thread.

Good advice there Dan. I was waiting for you to jump in.

Guilyt: Yeah man, it seems liek he wants me to do the work, and hell lose weight! He wack.

My whole thing is that, why sit there and bitch that you are out of shape and fat, and then not do anything about it. I understand when some people dont give a damn how they look, and they dont complain. Whatver i can deal that. But the guy bitche how hes depressed and a virgin blah blah blah...

STFU AND MOVE!!!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
People are like that Phil for the most part the North American culture is pathetic to say the least. It seems more and more that each day I'm faced with someone that likes and has nothing better to do the bitch. Pure and simple.....

Seriously though, go look around, hit up Walmart (although there are some damn hot chicks that shop there), the malls, downtown, coffee shops, it's really a pathetic site for the most part coming from someone similar as you Phil, someone actually doing things to keep in shape and working on it and maintaining it. Not really talking completely about 'obese' people but people in general. Most people are unhappy and just 'stuck in life' til they die.

Not me, I'm making something of my life, it's too bad so many people let their lives disappear right before them and even provoke that (ie: smoking, drug addicts, alcoholics, hardcore gamblers, etc).
i hear ya Chad, To tell you the truth i used to bo one of those people.

Until i saw Fight Club.

"This is your life and its wasting away, one minute at a time."

that and "every minute that passes, is another chance to turn it all around."

Most people are afraid of hard work...but isnt it a fair exchange if you get what you want?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I could not agree more on that statement.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Darkpuppet... It literally doesnt cost much at all to get all the equipment needed. And its a great site because the workouts are based on concepts where you wont be 'extremely sore' the next day and keep you primed for other things you might have in your lifestyle, like volleyball for instance.

Im gonna throw something out on this board.... It seems everytime this topic comes up theres so many people saying this should change, that should change ... yada yada...

So heres my offer.

If you want to lose weight and are willing to do some work about it and you want to get some help because you literally cant get motivated and dont know where to start .... Im willing to come out, any part of the city, and go over the basics of living a healthy/fitness filled lifestyle with you. Free of charge, no catch involved, nothing. I will pencil you into my schedual just for the fact that you are willing to take a step for the better. This can all be done in private and nothing will ever be mentioned on this board at all if you want that.

Offer 2...

If you find yourself fit already, and have that "im in good shape" attitude when chances are your probably not .. Let me take you out and introduce you to crosstraining. We can even do this in a group if you guys want to setup a meet where we can do this, this could be VERY FUN.

Offers are on the table. Its your job to come to me now. Its not every day someone does this in the fitness world.... But this is focus canada and ive known some of you guys for a long time now, so here we are.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
hmm interesting........... actually it would be good to have like a walk / g2g for a hike on the trails outside of Georgetown.