Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Guage Acting Up?
Okay, I wanted to ask this question here before I bring the car in, to make sure I'm not doing something that's contributing to the problem:

The fuel guage on my '05 Focus has begun to "stick" for lack of a better word around 1/2 a tank. The needle goes down from Full until around 1/2 a tank and from there just sits there as the km click off. Last time the needle jumped backwards to 1/4 full when there was around 20L in the tank, from the look of things now, it looks like it won't even do that til my next fill up. (The guage performs the sweep at startup normally however, which suggests the sending unit is pooched)

I've thrown in high octane gas on the off-chance that I got some bad gas, but at this point I'm thinking this is a job for the dealer to diagnose.

Any comments/suggestions?

NefCanuck
Fuel sending unit.....or Fuel delivery sending unit....cant remember....

Mine went and was covered under warranty.

Same symptoms as you.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah Flo is right, sounds like the sending unit, I had the same problem with mine as well. Mine would stay at low or empty when i filled up the tank. Also next fault would be your car feeling like its ruinning out of gas on ramps. Fuel sending unit and fuel pump are all connected together i believe.

Lates Mo
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

If had a fuel sending unit replaced as well.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I had it replaced also in the zx3. except mine would go to empty when i filled up
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Twas a recall IIRC, had mine done Feb/04 when we bought the SPI.

Thanks again to the FC boys :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guage Pod On Guage Suround danny 4 1,801 01-31-2008, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Flofocus