Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Halo Hella Hid Conversion Update
lol. sorry 'bout that man... just went back and re-read... as i should've initially :D
gonna be sweet, can't wait'll it's done. any progress since last pics btw?
ok I got some updates for you guys. The holidays took most of my time and same with the juniors but I got some where now... I am lining things up making sure they'll fit and the first test fit look good just a bit of adjustment.

[Image: IMG_6815.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6820.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6819.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6816.jpg]

as you can see the Hellas are pushed back a bit too far although I haven't fired them up to check the pattern I don't think it looks good like that. Simple fix.

letme know what you guys think.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Not bad.. looks like there's some more sanding and paint work to do though.

Personally I think it would look better if you smoothed over the projector surround part of the housing (the circle with all the notches in it). That big textured part just kind of looks out of place with everything else smoothed over..
guilty,Jan 6 2006, 05:28 AM Wrote:Not bad.. looks like there's some more sanding and paint work to do though.

Personally I think it would look better if you smoothed over the projector surround part of the housing (the circle with all the notches in it).  That big textured part just kind of looks out of place with everything else smoothed over..
[right][snapback]163536[/snapback][/right]

I forgot to mention that the upper part of the light will be cover with an eye brow so I am not spending time making it look nice. The eye brow is going to follow the notch in the plastic cover as a reference. As for the projector thing I think I might leave that as is it doesn't stand out that much but we'll see, thanks for the input
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Ok I need advice. As you can see in the above picture the projectors are pushed back a fair bit. Last night I wired up the HIDs and checked the pattern to see if being pushed back that far affected anything and it doesn't look like it. So what I am asking is do they look alright that way or should I go through the effort of making them closer to the opening, which might not be as easy as I once thought.

Basically what I am asking is should I go with Function over Form? Since those pics were taken I have been able to get the light somewhat closer to the opening.

:ph34r:
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
the only thing i can think of, is with it pushed so far back, it might affect the width of the beam. im gonna say the only way ur gonna know for sure it to install the lights and drive at night to see how the beam is being distributed in front of your car.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Jan 8 2006, 07:27 PM Wrote:the only thing i can think of, is with it pushed so far back, it might affect the width of the beam.  im gonna say the only way ur gonna know for sure it to install the lights and drive at night to see how the beam is being distributed in front of your car.
[right][snapback]163786[/snapback][/right]

" Last night I wired up the HIDs and checked the pattern to see if being pushed back that far affected anything and it doesn't look like it. "

:) yeah that's what I thought too at first but the angle is wide and to give an idea umm it's like a 45 degree angle from the center of the projector... in other words I am no longer concerned about the pattern angle. I just don't want to hear people saying " you should have pushed that up it looks like ass. " after a lot of work I might bitch slap someone for that.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Jan 8 2006, 02:32 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Jan 8 2006, 07:27 PM Wrote:the only thing i can think of, is with it pushed so far back, it might affect the width of the beam.  im gonna say the only way ur gonna know for sure it to install the lights and drive at night to see how the beam is being distributed in front of your car.
[right][snapback]163786[/snapback][/right]

" Last night I wired up the HIDs and checked the pattern to see if being pushed back that far affected anything and it doesn't look like it. "

:) yeah that's what I thought too at first but the angle is wide and to give an idea umm it's like a 45 degree angle from the center of the projector... in other words I am no longer concerned about the pattern angle. I just don't want to hear people saying " you should have pushed that up it looks like ass. " after a lot of work I might bitch slap someone for that.
[right][snapback]163788[/snapback][/right]
i misunderstood, as that you only wired them up to see how they looked and didnt install them to see how they work.

at this point, for the amount of time and work you put into them, they look fine!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
was the swiffer an xmas present for the wife?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
looked like white fuzzy mold attacked your headlights.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
nass,Jan 8 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:I just don't want to hear people saying " you should have pushed that up it looks like ass. " after a lot of work I might bitch slap someone for that.

You should push them up, it looks like ass ;)

But seriously, it does look funny with the projector mounted so far back in the housing. Take a look at any other projector headlight and you'll notice how big of a difference it is. I dont know, to me it just makes it look like a poor fit/finish of the headlight.. if you're going to do that much work on them you might as well do your best to make them perfect, eh?
meford4u,Jan 8 2006, 08:08 PM Wrote:was the swiffer an xmas present for the wife?
[right][snapback]163803[/snapback][/right]

guess who gave it to her? :)
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
guilty,Jan 10 2006, 02:23 AM Wrote:
nass,Jan 8 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:I just don't want to hear people saying " you should have pushed that up it looks like ass. " after a lot of work I might bitch slap someone for that.

You should push them up, it looks like ass ;)

But seriously, it does look funny with the projector mounted so far back in the housing. Take a look at any other projector headlight and you'll notice how big of a difference it is. I dont know, to me it just makes it look like a poor fit/finish of the headlight.. if you're going to do that much work on them you might as well do your best to make them perfect, eh?
[right][snapback]164099[/snapback][/right]

yeah I agree with you. I am going to make them closer. It comes at a price though. These Hellas will never be the same again :(
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Jan 9 2006, 09:41 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 8 2006, 08:08 PM Wrote:was the swiffer an xmas present for the wife?
[right][snapback]163803[/snapback][/right]

guess who gave it to her? :)
[right][snapback]164100[/snapback][/right]

That's a dangerous present to give.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
i like that way they look
the lights turned out a lot better than i expected
E.O MASIV
05blackzx5,Jan 11 2006, 08:17 PM Wrote:i like that way they look
the lights turned out a lot better than i expected
[right][snapback]164564[/snapback][/right]

haha I'll try to take that in the best way possible. Yeah the projectors are now right up to the opening. It took a bit of sweet talking but it's there. Unfortunatly I gotta redo the adjustment screw to work again but we got a work around for that.

look for an update this weekend one might actually be done with the lights on :blink:
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Jan 8 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:Basically what I am asking is should I go with Function over Form?

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]163783[/snapback][/right]

Just incase you haven't noticed already.... those are headlights...

Pretty important!

I'd go with function. ^_^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Halo Headlights On Ebay SL8RZZX3 13 5,392 11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Last Post: smith21