Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Go Fill Up Asap
Frost__2001,Sep 22 2005, 09:08 AM Wrote:EDIT: On the radio gas has been reported as $2.309L in guelph, $2.19L in Sarnia, and just about the same in windsor.....
[right][snapback]143879[/snapback][/right]

um...im in guelph... $1.03 right now
Focused,Sep 22 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Sep 22 2005, 09:08 AM Wrote:EDIT: On the radio gas has been reported as $2.309L in guelph, $2.19L in Sarnia, and just about the same in windsor.....
[right][snapback]143879[/snapback][/right]

um...im in guelph... $1.03 right now
[right][snapback]143916[/snapback][/right]

1.13 here for regular, the highest price in all of NB is 128 right now, ontario is facked :blink:
My Mom Says I'm Special
it was confirmed that Stratford had a station selling at $2.25tre confirmed. When asked the operator said they noticed the prices spiking around them, later on in the day the same gas station was selling gas at $0.97tre.

COME ON how the damn is this s**t even still tolerated?!! if that is not price fixing then what is? Our government has already said they will not do anything to control gas prices because it is an international market. We have enough gas on our side of the pond to support our needs, mind you we will have to cut back but why not add a gas guzzler tax to all vehicles that have an engine over a certain size? say anything over V6 3.0??? cause face it if you have a truck for anything OTHER than business it is a luxury and you should be taxed accordingly secondly lets not import more oil over seas, we can make this a domestic market and therefore control it ourselves..... yes it's not an easy thing to do but it will work damn the saudi's and their oil we don't need it. OHHHH and why is it that in saudi arabia gas over there is like 10 cents a litre ( I am being modest here correct me if I am wrong please ) and in say Alberta their gas prices aren't like 39 cents a litre? why does alberta pay so much if they have the oil?!?! there is no shipping involved refine on the spot and what not.

we're all taking it up the ass and pretty soon some low income families are going to have to choose A) fill up the car and goto work or B) buy food. but even then food prices will go up cause of this.

I gotta go punch a brick wall and settle down now
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
We're just screwed because the US lost 13% of their refining capacity to the hurricanes (go Miami!) and Canada's pandering for favour by selling them the majority of our available refined gas... right?

This is the bulk of what I understood from my boss over the last week. I think the whole "futures" thing is a huge steaming pile of crap, and we shouldn't be selling to the US what we ourselves need as a country.

If the US can't refine what they need, let THEM buy the extra from OPEC. Why keep jacking Canadians? Oh yeah, because we don't complain much and take it all in stride. Better change that last part to "take it in the pooper".
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
the prices wouldn't have spiked if people didn't panic.... the US could lose over 20% of it's refining capacity and still not fall short.

The problem is that people panicked, the demand went up, and oil companies took advantage of it. It's like a petroleum induced self-fulfilling prophecy.

Gas stations running out is not due to lack of refineries, it's due to the excessive and abnormal increase in demand that sucks the pumps dry. If a station schedules a truck to come in once a week because that's the usual amount of business they do, and people suddenly panic and that week's worth of business is done in a day, that refill truck isn't going to magically appear.

It's a problem that will just feed itself until someone with enough power puts a clamp on it.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

My anus is going to hurt when I fill up tonight.
ANTHONYD,Sep 22 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:My anus is going to hurt when I fill up tonight.
[right][snapback]143945[/snapback][/right]
That statement brought some unwelcome visual images to mind, Anthony.

PS. The nozzle goes in the gas door, not your ass. :lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Sep 22 2005, 01:21 PM Wrote:PS. The nozzle goes in the gas door, not your ass.  :lol:
[right][snapback]143948[/snapback][/right]

Not if you have a mustang rental!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
OAC_Sparky,Sep 22 2005, 12:21 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 22 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:My anus is going to hurt when I fill up tonight.
[right][snapback]143945[/snapback][/right]
That statement brought some unwelcome visual images to mind, Anthony.

PS. The nozzle goes in the gas door, not your ass. :lol:
[right][snapback]143948[/snapback][/right]
:lol:

but seriously, are they trying to crush the economy and the government is doing nothing about it!

i call a coupe on this government we have, take it over then scrap NAFTA and OPEC before it is too late! :angry:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
if canada lost 20% of it refineries whatever would the states come and help us? have they before? why would they... I doubt they would and we would be ok with that. Put it this way the states are buying OUR oil and they pay less for it than we do. Convert your local gas prices by by multiplying it by 4.5x ( 1litre x 4.5 = 1 imperial gallon but the us gallon is slightly smaller ) and then see what we are paying for a gallon of our oil compared to the americans.

If anyone wants to get fast and furious on the gas tanker trucks I am totally in. I'll even buy a civic for it too...
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Sep 22 2005, 01:41 PM Wrote:if canada lost 20% of it refineries whatever would the states come and help us? have they before? why would they... I doubt they would and we would be ok with that. Put it this way the states are buying OUR oil and they pay less for it than we do. Convert your local gas prices by by multiplying it by 4.5x ( 1litre x 4.5 = 1 imperial gallon but the us gallon is slightly smaller ) and then see what we are paying for a gallon of our oil compared to the americans. 

If anyone wants to get fast and furious on the gas tanker trucks I am totally in. I'll even buy a civic for it too...
[right][snapback]143956[/snapback][/right]

if canada lost 20% of it's refineries, we'd still never run short of demand... that's the whole point.. there isn't a risk of shortages until people MAKE it happen.

$2.30 a litre = $7.45 a Gallon.....

i just shatted...

let's just see if the states are around that price tomorrow....

here's my input....

it's partially the medias fault.....they always come on and say.. "be prepared gas prices are said to be shooting up to a possible $2.00"

in my opinion, that basically gives the gas companies a liscence to jack the prices because they know the public is anticipating it....
Focused,Sep 22 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:$2.30 a litre = $10.00 a Gallon.....

i just shatted...

[right][snapback]143969[/snapback][/right]

damn I hope not. They're expecting a big jump tomorrow.

A bit of an interesting story. Happened a few weeks ago when prices jumped. There is one gas station around here, selling gas pretty cheap, a bit below the norm. Then miraculously, they were out of gas! So they said they were sold out/tanks were empty/etc. A few days later, when prices spiked up, they had gas again! And no truck had ever come to fill up their tanks. What the hell is up with that? Bunch of crap.

btw.. 1 US Gallon = 3.8 liters :) Was anywhere from $2.89 - $3.26US/gallon on the way to work today.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Puppet, how can you suggest there is 20% excess capacity.? There isn't. All reports are that they are running at 95% capacity.
torradan,Sep 22 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:
Focused,Sep 22 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:$2.30 a litre = $10.00 a Gallon.....

i just shatted...

[right][snapback]143969[/snapback][/right]

btw.. 1 US Gallon = 3.8 liters :) Was anywhere from $2.89 - $3.26US/gallon on the way to work today.
[right][snapback]143970[/snapback][/right]

yea exactly....

2.30/L x 3.79 = $8.72/gal [CAD] ---> 8.72CAD = $7.45USD/Gal
did you see it for 2.30 somewhere anthony?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Sep 22 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:did you see it for 2.30 somewhere anthony?
[right][snapback]143974[/snapback][/right]

talking to my other stores that's what the average is prety much..i haven't been out to go check locally scince this morn
P-51,Sep 22 2005, 02: Wrote:Puppet, how can you suggest there is 20% excess capacity.? There isn't.  All reports are that they are running at 95% capacity.
[right][snapback]143972[/snapback][/right]

it's a generalization made on the word from the IT department at a major refinery. I'm not up to date on day-to-day operations, but the oil companies in the past have never been in as big a crunch as they've made it out to be...

I've known guys to quit oil companies over moral objections....

Focused,Sep 22 2005, 02:30 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Sep 22 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:did you see it for 2.30 somewhere anthony?
[right][snapback]143974[/snapback][/right]

talking to my other stores that's what the average is prety much..i haven't been out to go check locally scince this morn
[right][snapback]143976[/snapback][/right]

Damn... what locations... last time i checked it was still 1.05 here at vp/sheppard.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
hmmm.. appears as though it's not every refinery under capacity... sorry.. I should have checked my facts a bit further.... guess we need more refineries.

Where did all the extra need come from?