Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Us Automakers In Big Trouble.
Not much we can do when we can't sell cars in Japan, but our federal government allows the Japs to sell cars here. :angry:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
2001 ZTS,Sep 19 2005, 08:14 PM Wrote::lol:

Nothing like the suspense and thrill of wondering what's going to break next on the Focus.
[right][snapback]143225[/snapback][/right]

damn.... I share that same feeling with you. I just replaced two seized rear brake cylinder in my car yesterday. I like my car but s**t keeps braking.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
Kool_ZX3,Sep 22 2005, 04:16 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 22 2005, 02:30 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 22 2005, 01:19 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Sep 19 2005, 04:43 PM Wrote:sobering news article on the US auto industry

some clips from it...

Quote: DETROIT (Reuters) - A miserable year for U.S. automakers General Motors Corp. (GM) and Ford Motor Co. (F) looks set to turn even worse in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

"SUV sales aren't just slowing -- they're crashing to a halt," he told Reuters, referring to traditional truck-based SUVs, not the "crossover" car-based variety that deliver better highway performance and fuel economy.

Analyst David Healy of Burnham Securities told Reuters in an interview last week that neither company is likely to return to profitability in North America before 2008.

U.S. carmakers' heavy dependence on big SUVs amid stalling demand was a factor cited by the Standard & Poor's ratings agency when it downgraded the debt of GM and Ford to high-yield, or "junk," status in May.

The auto giants, weakened by their seeming inability to sell enough cars without the use of profit-eroding discounts, have also been struggling under the burden of soaring costs for everything from health care to raw materials.

But tensions are mounting in Detroit, a redoubt of American trade unionism, as the U.S. carmakers bleed a slow but seemingly unstoppable flow of market share to foreign rivals led by Toyota Motor Corp. .

a bit sensationalist, but pretty sobering thoughts...
[right][snapback]143185[/snapback][/right]

I smell a market crash.

I say good!

FU ck em'.
[right][snapback]143947[/snapback][/right]

Fuk Who? Cause I can tell ya that if that were to happen, there would be more than just the Ford workers out of work on this site. Yep, I am cheerleading buying NA vehicles to keep you and your neighbour employed. The auto industry in Ontario supports many families that rely on companies like Ford and Gm to directly or indirectly put food on their table. I guarantee Mr. Fuk Ya that you might be very seriously affected by the loss of one of the huge automotive giants.
[right][snapback]143951[/snapback][/right]

I can imagine the people out of work in ontario alone if it happended :( It be very very bad though, then everyone will be stuck with an echo or civic, yay :rolleyes: JUNK
[right][snapback]144021[/snapback][/right]

Dude... atleast their echo and civic will not break. Hell I think my next car will defintely be a toyota. I gave north american cars a chance but they failed me everytime.. I had 98 grand voyager and 01 Neon R/T both bought new but they were crap. And my focus just beat both those cars in term of problems. This kind of thing never happened to me when I had the Toyotas. If you're wondering.. I had 89 and 97 Corollas and a 2002 Camry V6. From experience these cars are problem free and very enjoyable to own. Get a Toyota... then you'll experience the feeling of owning one. Feels pretty good. I got the Focus because I though it was a nice looking car. I have to admit in term of desigh I will not pick any of the other compacts compare to the Focus. It's just too good looking. But the problems are getting out of control. I feel that my car is pretty much brand new now. I already spent over $5000 in repairs. So I'm gonna be keeping this baby for a while.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
I POSTED BEFORE REALIZED WHAT I SAID.

MY APPOLOGIES.