Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*nws* Rant At The Media Over Hurricane Katrina
Take a listen. Note: Graphic Language NWS

Rant
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
thats pretty good. just telling like it is.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Sep 9 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:thats pretty good. just telling like it is.
[right][snapback]140636[/snapback][/right]
Agreed.

There is a CTV reporter "on the scene" now devoting more coverage and stirring up controversy about the police/military shooting a starving (and thusly vicious) dog while human bodies are still floating bloated in what used to be streets. He's probably disappointed the starving dog was shot before he could get a pic of it eating human flesh off a corpse.

Imagine the cost/resources to keep a film crew in situ and how much better that money, vehicle, fuel and labour could be better spent right now? I don't buy the argument that his presence helps promote sympathy and by that more aid donations.

Bottom feeding.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Sep 9 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Sep 9 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:thats pretty good. just telling like it is.
[right][snapback]140636[/snapback][/right]
Agreed.

There is a CTV reporter "on the scene" now devoting more coverage and stirring up controversy about the police/military shooting a starving (and thusly vicious) dog while human bodies are still floating bloated in what used to be streets. He's probably disappointed the starving dog was shot before he could get a pic of it eating human flesh off a corpse.

Imagine the cost/resources to keep a film crew in situ and how much better that money, vehicle, fuel and labour could be better spent right now? I don't buy the argument that his presence helps promote sympathy and by that more aid donations.

Bottom feeding.
[right][snapback]140683[/snapback][/right]

Right you are.

What the government should have done was confiscate the media's resources to be used in the rescue operation.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
They confiscated the hospitals' diesel for rescue workers early last week, so that tells you how bad it is... yeah, get the pig troughing reporters outta there. I feel bad for them, but that's what you get for living at the tail end of hurricane alley BELOW SEA LEVEL.

And they rely on a protective system of dikes. I mean, butchy chicks can only get so much done... :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurricane Katrina microbunny 54 18,525 09-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Last Post: scoobasteve