Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Street Race Or Not?
You obviously havent street raced "formally"... Its just not out of the blue and usually theres little to no risk of anything bad happening.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Sep 1 2005, 10: Wrote:You obviously havent street raced "formally"... Its just not out of the blue and usually theres little to no risk of anything bad happening.
[right][snapback]138344[/snapback][/right]
I've never formally "street raced" but from what I have seen "regular driving" on any major highway or road is more dangerous. I watched a woman turn left on a red today across 4 lanes?

My soon to be EX and my "work" both laugh when I say: "I take great comfort in knowing how I will die (flaming wreck on the QEW)". They laugh but statistics say I'm many decades overdue.

At least I know.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
tdot-zx3,Sep 1 2005, 11: Wrote:You obviously havent street raced "formally"... Its just not out of the blue and usually theres little to no risk of anything bad happening.

Road's closed, pizza boy. Find another way home :lol:

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
lol, danger is always looming, even on a track. Again, that's why they're called accidents.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
is it really racing when you do it in a focus??

j/k ....maybe hahahaha
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
2001 ZTS,Sep 2 2005, 12:11 AM Wrote:
tdot-zx3,Sep 1 2005, 10: Wrote:You obviously havent street raced "formally"... Its just not out of the blue and usually theres little to no risk of anything bad happening.
I've never formally "street raced" but from what I have seen "regular driving" on any major highway or road is more dangerous. I watched a woman turn left on a red today across 4 lanes?

My soon to be EX and my "work" both laugh when I say: "I take great comfort in knowing how I will die (flaming wreck on the QEW)". They laugh but statistics say I'm many decades overdue.

At least I know.
[right][snapback]138348[/snapback][/right]

I can guarantee it will be at the hands of a Ford worker who swerves to cut you off in a race to get home and drink a few cold ones. Somewhere around 3rd line. You have to be so careful in this area. We drive like idiots out here and it's not getting better.

Buckle up captain
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
It;s dumb, I don't do it. I've had oppertunities..... I like driving, why would I do something to get in the way of me driving along sipping my Tim Horton's listening to the Neptunes.....

That's excitement enough for me.
I think from what I read that serious racing isnt much done by FC members, but a once in a while "playing" is more accepted.

thats good.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Back in the day, I went to a couple of street races.
We'd go to an industrial area late at night - a straight road with no other access other than at either end (so no chance to have a car 'just show up'). We'd post sentries at either end and up a street or so that would be on the lookout for cops - they'd have walkie-talkies to let us know what/if anything was coming. The group of racers (and other club members/friends who were observing) would park round back of an industrial unit out of the way. We had a 'finish line' marker (lamppost or something), and then plenty of room to slow down before the end of the street.

I was still quite worried about getting busted by the cops, so only ever did 1 run (against another Focus that had a few mods).. and I lost. I spent the rest of the time just watching. It was pretty fun. It was a shame it was 'illegal', as we were fairly well organized and it was quite safe.

Of course, one accident causing property damage, one accident where a car hit a curb and flipped, one incident where 2 cars touched side-to-side causing some scraped paint (or worse), and anyone would have said "yes" it was a pretty stupid thing to do.
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.
I street race...... and so do 3/4 of you guy's.
Who you kidding come on.......
Some lil punk pulls up beside you and revs the snot out of his ricer giving you the look (Don't tell me you don't know that look) and you sit there!!!!!!!! sure...

The only real disagreement I have is racing around heavily populated areas..
Too many kids and people...
I don't want killing someones child, wife or husband on my concience, I have two kids myself ( um you can have the wife)

No one thinks about what the ramifications are if things go south. Ive seen some pretty horiffic crash scenes in my day all of the were idiots racing on a busy road and pedestrians getting killed or running a light and T-Boning some unsuspecting smuck. Just Dumb.

I'll stick to the back roads...
I have wiped out a few cars that were too much for me but they were out in the middle of nowwhere and no one got hurt (except a lil ego).
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
When kids pull up beside me now, and rev their engies, all I do is hit the purge button, and give him a little smile.

usually the more stupid the kid (also cincidentally the more riced out his car tends to be) the more he is impressed by the purge and quiets down quickly.

I love juice.
Run your car, not your mouth
"I only drive as fast as I can see!"
-Kurt Russell, "Big Trouble in Little China"
I got a racing ticket on Upper Middle for doing A LOT over 60km... so I suggest not, because I went through HELL trying to reduce that ticket :blush:
SangriaRedZX5,Sep 4 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:I got a racing ticket on Upper Middle for doing A LOT over 60km... so I suggest not, because I went through HELL trying to reduce that ticket  :blush:
[right][snapback]138911[/snapback][/right]

What happen with your ticket? Did you win?

Me, I got to many tickets and 1 points left on my license. Cannot offered it...but when my points go back up...that's a different story. j/k.
Turbo arrived!
meford4u,Sep 2 2005, 08:09 PM Wrote:I can guarantee it will be at the hands of a Ford worker who swerves to cut you off in a race to get home and drink a few cold ones.
Nawww, it's usually to get home to get a piece of ass from the wife before the kids get home. I can drink beer anytime, no rush there. :lol:

2001 ZTS,Sep 2 2005, 12:11 AM Wrote:"I take great comfort in knowing how I will die (flaming wreck on the QEW)". They laugh but statistics say I'm many decades overdue.

At least I know.
Yeah I hear ya. I used to leave two car lengths space in front of me, now I don't because I was sick of three cars cutting me off to jam in that space at the same time. :angry:

I've pretty much resigned myself to my fate, too.

Maybe we can get a group buy on burial plots....
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Speaking from self experience i see nothing wrong with organized street racing although i disagree with racing on city streets with other vehicles on the road organized or controlled street racing i see nothing wrong with. Personally myslef ive been in the import street racing scene for a couple of years and to someone that has not witnessed a race themselves would not understand we are in industrial ares and blck off any other streets or laneways in the way of the strip. Ive got some vids of my car car club if you guys are interested.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Oct 23 2005, 02:10 PM Wrote:Speaking from self experience i see nothing wrong with organized street racing although i disagree with racing on city streets with other vehicles on the road organized or controlled street racing i see nothing wrong with. Personally myslef ive been in the import street racing scene for a couple of years and to someone that has not witnessed a race themselves would not understand we are in industrial ares and blck off any other streets or laneways in the way of the strip. Ive got some vids of my car car club if you guys are interested.
[right][snapback]151005[/snapback][/right]

are you talking about FukenRicen.ca they have some serious rides like that turbo vr golf and turbo green sunfire and all the all motor cars aswell as urself i wouldn't mind watching some vids
Heres a few Vids see if you can spot my Focus in the first two Vids

http://media.putfile.com/fukenricensummer

http://media.putfile.com/fukensummer2

http://videos.streetfire.net/player...E1-8995C1D3C56E
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

I think i found it in the 1st vid it looks like your in a car show with a white civic and a green sunfire and in the second vid if i saw right it looked like you were racing a 5.0 L stang and it looked like he launched 1st but u caught him no prob. Am i right?
Yes and Yes the 1st vid was me at grand tuner car show at the molson indy and the second vid is of me racing a stang it was pretty funny when i was talking to two stang drivers before they raced i asked them whoever won to come back and run a focus and they both laughed at me but i got the final laugh when i took him by more then a car lengh.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain