Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Street Race Or Not?
ZX3_2NV,Oct 25 2005, 11:44 AM Wrote:Yes and Yes the 1st vid was me at grand tuner car show at the molson indy and the second vid is of me racing a stang it was pretty funny when i was talking to two stang drivers before they raced i asked them whoever won to come back and run a focus and they both laughed at me but i got the final laugh when i took him by more then a car lengh.
[right][snapback]151429[/snapback][/right]

I knew it as soon as i saw those fog lights i was almost positive, wow i would love to race a mustang and win
SangriaRedZX5,Sep 4 2005, 09:22 PM Wrote:I got a racing ticket on Upper Middle for doing A LOT over 60km... so I suggest not, because I went through HELL trying to reduce that ticket  :blush:
[right][snapback]138911[/snapback][/right]

OK I have a huge stiffy now. Happy?

YOU ARE MY KINDA GURL!!11!!1!!11
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I got a 69 in a 40 zone. That was murder.
No reduction.

Theoretically, I got a 69 in a schoolzone... take that any way you want.:P
ANTHONYD,Oct 26 2005, 09:31 AM Wrote:I got a 69 in a 40 zone. That was murder.
No reduction.

Theoretically, I got a 69 in a schoolzone... take that any way you want.:P
[right][snapback]151632[/snapback][/right]

Considering that was likely in a "Community Safety Zone" as well?

I'd say you getting a 69 in a schoolzone is so appropriately ironic that all I can say is :rofl:

NefCanuck
Spyder01,Sep 1 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:One way to stop street racing...

http://kcbs.dayport.com/viewer/viewerpage....&Category_ID=71

That totally sucks though...
[right][snapback]138149[/snapback][/right]

haha that is the funniest s**t i have seen. that car is right from the junk yard with its freaking donut wheels. Please dont give me that s**t that is one hot IROC.:D

ohh and the blonde first says its a mustang. dohhhhhh
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I went for a spin yesterday, thought since I was stepping up to the svt suspension I would take'er out just to compare " before/after ". So here I am doin about 120-130kph along the country roads of acton/georgetown feeling out the car when up and over the hill there was an apple orchard, which is usually empty, had half a dozen school buses stopped on the road waiting to turn in (school trip I guess) e-brake here I come. Needless to say...I pretty much shat myself. I don't usually race or speed since my accident in 2001 with my first focus ( hit a parked police car on Bay St. ) and I thought that maybe the "country" roads wouldn't be a prob...I guess I was wrong...Be careful peeps...it's field trip season :)
2002 Infra-red ZTS
Street Raceing eh? mmm .. My and my friends play games... like hide and go seek in 5 block limits.

And we do .... lot's of crunk juice burn outs
(crunk juice"to go in reverse in a shitty car then hit drive and floor it so.. your none beef car can do a burn out, (BEWARE IF YOU DO THIS YOUR TRANZ WILL F|_|CK UP !)"

Ok anyways... yea no am not really one for street raceing... it's just to much on my mind i find. like what if u killed some one just because u wanted to show off ... or win a couple bucks... not worth it for me.
Save points are for quiters
Street racing is a touchy one I think... I have a problem when I see people racing in busy sections and residential areas like I saw the other day. Two ricers going at it on a main street in town. I mean at any one moment someone could either a. pull out of a side parking spot, b. walk out between some parked cars c. someone could run a red light and at the speeds those sh1ts were travelling it would have been nasty.

But in the other hand, it doesnt bother me when two cars go at it outside of town or leaving town. So long as theres no traffic, houses or people around.

When I was younger a bunch of guys used to meet up in town and then go out to the back roads (fully paved and not busy) at about midnight to 2am or so. And there would be a couple of races. I never actually raced anyone, just watched. Basically it was the two cars racing that went and all the other cars stayed on the side road along with the people standing watching. Less risk to those if by some chance they lost it. But in time there started to be some real idiots going out. I heard of it once when I was away for the weekend and it blew my mind because they were being idiots and racing on the hwy to get there. So I just stopped going, as did the originals. :ph34r:

I have street raced in the city and had some close calls. I reserved myself to racing on roads at the outskirts of the city after a while. About 8 years ago, when I was 22, the only thing you would find racing was muscle cars, mustangs and F-bodies. Then it began to draw every high school kid with a sport compact (emphasis not on sport) that could drive to bring out some piece o' crap or their parents car to go heads up with some jackass with a Tempo. Then more and more spectators started showing up and the police started to notice that a 2 km dead end road to a landfill was awfully busy at night. I think all the casual spectators made it so much more dangerous than required. It went from being serious car guys having fun to a lame high school "this is so cool!" event. It became so much work to find places to race where everyone didn't show up to watch that it wasn't worth the effort. Take it to the 1/4 instead, do it right and more safely. Idiots ruin everything. Actually, writing off my Mustang ruined everthing. I'm an idiot.
^^you've obviously learned some lessons in your life. Glad your alive to learn form them....some aren't as lucky. :(
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
winnipegkevin,Nov 9 2005, 11:42 PM Wrote:Then more and more spectators started showing up and the police started to notice that a 2 km dead end road to a landfill was awfully busy at night.  I think all the casual spectators made it so much more dangerous than required.  It went from being serious car guys having fun to a lame high school "this is so cool!" event.  It became so much work to find places to race where everyone didn't show up to watch that it wasn't worth the effort.  Take it to the 1/4 instead, do it right and more safely.  Idiots ruin everything.  Actually, writing off my Mustang ruined everthing.  I'm an idiot.
[right][snapback]154757[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, Brady Road used to be a good place to go, now it's stupid.
I remember when people actually went there to race or to watch races, not just to "hang out" and drink/do drugs while watching their buddy in his 89 civic with only an intake and fart can "race".
street racing is a joke, honda boys in their 88hp civics drag race from stop lights, when they see a faster car beside them they automatically think its a race, and they go.

if there was a track in my city, I would go.. a lot of them have outrageous fees, that would keep me away, and only come once every few months or so.

with a car like mine mildly modified engine extensive exterior mods, I put out this image that all honda boys love to look my car up and down, and rev at me. I dont like putting that image out but its too late to change now, so when I see these inferior cars I just HAVE to smack them down so when I see them next time on the street they dont look at my car, or hell even in my general direction, they keep their eyes to the front, like honda boys should.

when I am on the highway, it always seems to be a jockey for position, no matter what people are driving. Which is fine I dont care thats how it is... but this is where Honda boys get more courage as they think if they speed up to 130 km/h behind me when I am going 80 then just try and uber pass me. just pisses me off because that isnt a race, its a clown excersizing his stupid clown abilities in a mechanically inferior car.. when that happens its on, its just a switch in my brain.. This happened the last time I went up island, I slammed on the gas in the wrong gear, slammed it in 4th when I shouldve done it in 3rd, but I still ended up passing him quite easily.. then I turned off because I was on my way home, and in typical moron fashion he kept racing and revving his engine when I was long gone, thinking he had won the race..

I bet you 10 minutes later he was on the phone saying how he pulled a expensive looking Focus and used his jdm skillz on my domestic ass..

seriously, pure stupidity, thats why I dont like street racing. I mean I wont back down from a loser in a slower car, but I dont go out looking for fights.

I guess I can say the difference between me and them is I KNOW what cars not to race, I research them and check their dyno graphs, their power/weight ratio, everything before I get in my car and do something about it. but they seem to want to prove they are not compensating for something else.

so yeah, I vote street racing is never okay, unless some bitch with their moms car wants to rumble, wax them and change into their lane to let them know theyve been owned.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
durh its a mustang... no wait a camaro!

we must define " street racing " before we debate it cause we all have a different idea.

Street racing to me is when you actually go balls to the wall trying to get to point B before the other guy. This is stupid and the people caught doing this should have thier privledge to drive a car revoked for 2 years and their car impounded while they pay for the impound fee. While we're at it do the same for DUI.

Street racing to me is NOT lining up at the lights giv'r and shut it down before 3rd gear or something... and I know some people's car can get hella fast before running out of 2nd but I mean like 0-70 and shut it down. That while not being the most responsible I guess isn't as bad as the first example.

if it's not clear I am saying if the road is clear and "safe" to do so giv'r but shut it down, you're not going to win a trophy if you keep going. Also if you can't live with the guilt *IF* you did something bad, then don't do it at all.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
ok.

well I will tell you my defintion of street racing.

1. organized by individuals on back roads and empty streets (of course, illegal)

2. racing through semi-busy roads weaving in and out of traffic (scary, and illegal)

3. going balls deep from a red light with an evenly matched foe (not always true and some people like to beat up on slower cars) to the next light, or until someone stops and pulls out. to declare victory wait at the next traffic light, or switch into their lane.. or the all time loser favourite.. flash your hazard lights!

all of course, illegal and dangerous. I mean we ALL particiapte in one form of it, and as soon as we lose either the life of our car, the life of our passenger, or your own life, you start to appreciate it and never do it again.. personally it hasnt happened to me, I like to think of myself as a smart person who doesnt do it stupidly and in random situations..

that being said, everyone likes to take their Foci on the TWISTIES!

yeah I understand that my life, the people in my car around my car and my car itself is way more important than the braggin rights I am trying to get.

and yes I drive a lil extra longer on the exressway just to take the nice off ramp that you can lay into.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Jan 10 2006, 03:29 AM Wrote:yeah I understand that my life, the people in my car around my car and my car itself is way more important than the braggin rights I am trying to get.

and yes I drive a lil extra longer on the exressway just to take the nice off ramp that you can lay into.
[right][snapback]164120[/snapback][/right]

how about we agree to this:

I love you.

PerfectSaiyan,Jan 10 2006, 03:32 AM Wrote:
nass,Jan 10 2006, 03:29 AM Wrote:yeah I understand that my life, the people in my car around my car and my car itself is way more important than the braggin rights I am trying to get.

I love you.
[right][snapback]164124[/snapback][/right]

oh great now I am going to get an ear full from meford.... keep it in the PM

haha
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Jan 9 2006, 11:35 PM Wrote:

I love you.

haha
[right][snapback]164128[/snapback][/right]

I knew you were gay.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
nass,Jan 9 2006, 10:35 PM Wrote:

I love you.

haha
[right][snapback]164128[/snapback][/right]

I think your already getting an eye full of spew. Lover boys
:fag: :fag: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fag: :fag:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.